GMM-Z Pay TV: package termination/ service ending message?

partington

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I get everything I need to watch off the Internet,would never ever buy another box

or subscription to any Tv. service*,over the years I have had a few services and they

all went belly up,have 3 Ku dishes and 1 C band dishes ,the boxes I threw away.

I was nearly tempted by CTH, but so glad I did not. True I would NEVER use them,again,

they never returned my deposit.

So now it still looks like it is going on,CTH look at deaths door,their boxes will become

door stops.

regards Worgeordie *except IlikeHD the most you could loose is THB 500,but never used them either, for 4 months now

I fear the wrath from those who have not received their replacement CTH box but it appears that Sky News, Fox News and Fox Sports News are back on, for how long, who knows?

sky news,fox news,fox sports back ON,yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee wait a minute taff you havent had your boxes yet. their on the way.

I fear the wrath from those who have not received their replacement CTH box but it appears that Sky News, Fox News and Fox Sports News are back on, for how long, who knows?

sky news,fox news,fox sports back ON,yippeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee wait a minute taff you havent had your boxes yet. their on the way.

One happy bunny here, got the CTH box a few days ago, all the previous programmes are available, STadium channels also, and now Fox News and Sky News have popped up on my screen. I will register online later, and see f I can buy the F A CUp channel for tonight's matches.

One happy bunny here, got the CTH box a few days ago, all the previous programmes are available, STadium channels also, and now Fox News and Sky News have popped up on my screen. I will register online later, and see f I can buy the F A CUp channel for tonight's matches.

bournmouth v everton channel 7 12.15am.sun.

Have just received CTH box to replace a GMMZ HD Gold one year.

1. Box is marked Beyond CTH 120 so suspect 4 months of best package.

2. Box is marked KU-Band - so will require change for those using C-Band.

3. Expiration date 30 April. Assume that is for activation of Beyond.

You can also try emailing [email protected] I sent polite email with all my details - re forwarded it every day saying still could not get through on the phone and after a week someone phoned me back.

Excellent idea! I used to email them when they threatened to cut me off because my local CTH "dealer" was so late sending my money to Bangkok. I used to get good responses to email.

I'll let you know what happens... rolleyes.gif

This works! I sent an email yesterday in English and in Thai, (about five sentences that I managed to write from various Thai language and grammar sites, and helped by knowing the alphabet and about 100 words - took about an hour and a half).

I said I have GMM-Z box number XXX and Platinum package until XXX, but package stopped. I phoned call centre and they said they will send a new CTH box and package. But they have not sent box yet. Please send a new box as fast as you can. Thank you.

I was mainly concerned that they had lost or made a mistake in my address, so I gave that again.

Received an email this morning saying new box is in process of sending.

So at very least I know they've got my correct address and are going to a send a box to it at sometime!

You can also try emailing [email protected] I sent polite email with all my details - re forwarded it every day saying still could not get through on the phone and after a week someone phoned me back.

Excellent idea! I used to email them when they threatened to cut me off because my local CTH "dealer" was so late sending my money to Bangkok. I used to get good responses to email.

I'll let you know what happens... rolleyes.gif

This works! I sent an email yesterday in English and in Thai, (about five sentences that I managed to write from various Thai language and grammar sites, and helped by knowing the alphabet and about 100 words - took about an hour and a half).

I said I have GMM-Z box number XXX and Platinum package until XXX, but package stopped. I phoned call centre and they said they will send a new CTH box and package. But they have not sent box yet. Please send a new box as fast as you can. Thank you.

I was mainly concerned that they had lost or made a mistake in my address, so I gave that again.

Received an email this morning saying new box is in process of sending.

So at very least I know they've got my correct address and are going to a send a box to it at sometime!

we got the same message 10days ago, 2x ultra packages with a total of 17months paid.still waiting.

Email response

Dear Sir

Now CTH Company don't top up package and STOP on air chanel for GMMZ STB.

But after 6 February , if customer still have date in package , CTH will respond package by send NEW CTH STB + Package Beyond to customer
or Refund Money to Customer . Customer can choose between get new box or refund money by register at http://welcome.cth.co.th/gep (but in

web site for Thai Language only) .If customer want call center register for you please call 1619 , 1629 . but Customer can register by youself if

have anyone can read Thai Language.

***PS. Use S/N No. 8120................ for register

*** If Customer choose refund money , please send passport copy + Book Bank Account copy send to CTH by e-mail also

Thank you

Call Center 1619 , 1629

Appears the KU band use refers to pay stations - tuning of normal C- band on my C-band antenna seemed to go fine.

Check of stations was not so good as sound lost on many (and did not bother to check why).

No HDMI cable included - used my own.

Did not like picture quality - but perhaps due to my having to use reading glasses to see remote. whistling.gif

Unit is very large by today's standards.

At this point wife will not agree to pay monthly fee for Nat Geo Wild after 4 months and no interest in the other pay stations so will remain on C-band only and continue to use GMMz HD box and forgo installing KU band.

Email response

Dear Sir

But after 6 February , if customer still have date in package , CTH will respond package by send NEW CTH STB + Package Beyond to customer

or Refund Money to Customer . Customer can choose between get new box or refund money by register at http://welcome.cth.co.th/gep (but in

web site for Thai Language only) .If customer want call center register for you please call 1619 , 1629 . but Customer can register by youself if

*** If Customer choose refund money , please send passport copy + Book Bank Account copy send to CTH by e-mail also

Thank you

Call Center 1619 , 1629

Can I just say that the information in the email is the clearest and most concise information I've seen in the past month. GMMZ has the address of everybody that uses their service, so why couldn't they have sent a letter to each customer explaining what's happening, the consequences and the options available. Bloody shambles!

Email response

Dear Sir

Thank you

Call Center 1619 , 1629

Can I just say that the information in the email is the clearest and most concise information I've seen in the past month. GMMZ has the address of everybody that uses their service, so why couldn't they have sent a letter to each customer explaining what's happening, the consequences and the options available. Bloody shambles!

Here's my email response:

Dear Sir

You can top up package by yourself at www.cth.co.th

Thank you

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject : I Want To Subscribe But No Answer From 1619

Dear Sirs,

I have tried three times to call 1619 to find out how to subscribe, but have stopped waiting after 20, 25 and 35 minutes .

My Client Numbers are ..........

Could've given me a bit more detail huh.png, and explained why the web site http://cdb.cth.co.th/register/ is unreachable from Firefox, Chrome and IE.

So, basically, it's another CTH FAIL.

Yep - I noticed that last night. At least I have an English language news channel now.

Email response

Dear Sir

Thank you

Call Center 1619 , 1629

Here's my email response:

Dear Sir

You can top up package by yourself at www.cth.co.th

Thank you

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject : I Want To Subscribe But No Answer From 1619

Dear Sirs,

I have tried three times to call 1619 to find out how to subscribe, but have stopped waiting after 20, 25 and 35 minutes .

My Client Numbers are ..........

Could've given me a bit more detail huh.png, and explained why the web site http://cdb.cth.co.th/register/ is unreachable from Firefox, Chrome and IE.

So, basically, it's another CTH FAIL.

Also their contact form doesn't work for me. I've filled in every box but it just says "error" when I press send.

I've had my new box for over a week now but have to call 1619 to get the premium channels activated. I've tried staying on the line for an hour at a time and still cant get anyone to answer.

Whaddya know!

The CK-KOREA van pulled up just a few minutes ago - and delivered our replacement box. We haven't opened the thing, but according to the wife we got 8 months of free channels (though we were told 12 months one time and 4 months the second time).

I'm hoping the wife won't ask anything further about setting up a new KU-Band receiver just for 8 months, but stuff like this is a plaything for Thais - they can watch even more crap channels! whistling.gif

Personally, I don't care about the new box (or CTH) and will just throw the unopened thing into a cupboard.

However, I'll keep you posted - if the wife changes her mind along the way........rolleyes.gif

Cheers

I've been waiting for 5 weeks for the new box and still don't have it, I was promised it would be delivered in one week, ha ha. Email from the call centre just states that it is in the process of being delivered. I don't know why they don't just tell you the truth and the customers would not get so upset. At least I glad to see that some of you have received a new box so I'll wait in hope!

Heh! Yeah, right, well that didn't last long, now, did it! coffee1.gif

Today the wife asked what I thought about the new replacement box. I told her I didn't give a rat's a..... about it and it could live its life in a dark cupboard, as far as I was concerned,

Weeelllll, she said, it's 8 months free viewing - and she'd like to watch this and that prog - and it was only around 1K baht to install a KU thingy, bla, bla, bla and guess the rest. facepalm.gif

So - the installer will be along in a couple of days or three to put up a KU dish near to the C-BAND dish. rolleyes.gif

Told ya - Thais can't keep away from anything free, especially crap TV channels. whistling.gif

Let's see if it'll be possible to register the thing if/when she can use it.

. attachicon.gif20160223_183641.jpgattachicon.gif20160223_183641.jpg

Just got through to GMMZ or CTH (which I don't know) on the GMMZ 1629 number. I picked option 3 service when I got through, which I guess was wrong as they answered very quickly and then transferred me - worked out well.

Spoke to a very patient Thai man.

• I explained that I was one of the GMMZ customers who had lost the Stadium football channels.
  • He asked me for my GMMZ card number.
  • As I'd bought the GMMZ '120 day Premier League HD' box/package only in October I still had the packaging box, which has the card number on the side.
  • Gave him the card number and he identified that my wife had registered the start of our 120 day package and it expires on 20 FEBRUARY 2016.
  • He quickly explained the message that had been displayed on the bottom of the TV for the past month or so, and said the top-up packages had finished (6th Feb I think was the date he said), all of which I knew and he didn't offer anything new, so his company GMMZ or CTH (which I don't know) was offering (i) to exchange my existing GMMZ box with a new box and (ii) once I had the new box I should contact them again (to register the box I guess) and then I could receive the "services" if I subscribed for a year (!).
  • I then got a bit heated and advised him I didn't want to sign up for a year, but I would like to sign up on a per month or 3 month or 6 months basis, as all I bought the package for and all I wanted was to be able to watch CTH Stadium channels.
  • A bit of to-ing and fro-ing and then he explained that if I got the box and signed up for a year I got the 1st year free.
  • I then said, so I could get the box, sign up for a year for free and when CTH no longer have the football in May (I was presuming CTH won't have it after May) I could just could cancel without having to pay anymore.
  • His answer was yes.
  • I agreed that he should send the box and we'll sign up (and take it from there).
It was all very confusing, sure it would have been less confusing if my lovely wife could have been arsed to call for me and they'd conversed Thai-to-Thai.

I'm a bit worried, after CTH last year trying to get 20 months money off us so we cancelled with them, that this offer of one-year free subscription maybe a misunderstanding that'll cost us.

Anyway to summarise, I accepted to get a replacement box and when the wife rings up to register it she can sort out the final details out (free year subscription or not, etc.).

Now we wait for the box to come - hopefully they'll have the sense to call before they come!

So the new box arrived yesterday, photo of it below. It took 12 days to arrive. We haven't opened it yet...just wondering which cupboard to store it in. It's no use to us as we can't register with CTH having had an argument with them back in October (which is why we got GMMZ in the first place), so we've gone full circle. In our cupboard we have our original CTH box, the GMMZ box and they'll be joined by the brand new CTH box. So now we continue to use Truevisions and ilikeHD.

post-19652-0-85479100-1456316348_thumb.j

Edited by Bredbury Blue

It's no use to us as we can't register with CTH having had an argument with them back in October

Okay I'll buy this one then.

I would hold on to your money if I were you; come end of the Premier season (end of CTH coverage of Premier) people are going to be paying you to take the box off their hands.

I need to keep hold of mine as recent experience with CTH means they'll probably be sending me a bill in a year's time for this box or asking me to return it. Idiots.

It's no use to us as we can't register with CTH having had an argument with them back in October

I would hold on to your money if I were you; come end of the Premier season (end of CTH coverage of Premier) people are going to be paying you to take the box off their hands.

I need to keep hold of mine as recent experience with CTH means they'll probably be sending me a bill in a year's time for this box or asking me to return it. Idiots.

Not everybody likes or cares about football-if the box gives reliable proper HD english language TV from 6 to 12 entertainment/documentary channels that's all I would want it for.

In fact I'd take it for 1080p Nat Geo Wild alone...

Actually that was all I wanted - and had a year - but they cut that to 4 months by giving football stations so in 4 months would have to pay at least 300 baht per month extra (and install crap antenna for honor of doing so). As not so sure how viable the new system will be not interested in finding out (again).

Not everybody likes or cares about football-if the box gives reliable proper HD english language TV from 6 to 12 entertainment/documentary channels that's all I would want it for.

Actually I thought all the CTH subscribers wanted CTH and not the superior Truevisions simply because CTH has the Premier and Truevisions lost the Premier. If that's not correct, why would anybody want CTH over Truevisions?

]

Actually I thought all the CTH subscribers wanted CTH and not the superior Truevisions simply because CTH has the Premier and Truevisions lost the Premier. If that's not correct, why would anybody want CTH over Truevisions?

The Truevisions package seems to cost around 2000B per month while the the GMM-Z package used to cost 5000B per year, for a service that was completely satisfactory to me, when it existed.

As there is no way of really finding out what the CTH deal really is, I can't say exactly how it would compare. Nevertheless if they give 4 to 8 months free that saves 8,000-16,000B.

EDIT: Also, although I still can't work out what packages are available from CTH and how much they will cost exactly from the website(after any free compensation period has elapsed and you have to start paying again) I have to assume they are also going to be much cheaper than Truevisions.

Edited by partington