Change name's owner

Aforek

Hello

3 years ago I bought a Scoopy honda for my GF, in my name; now, for some reasons, I want to give it to her

how can I do it ? going to the Honda shop change the name in the green book, or a simple letter is enough ?

or something else ? thanks for you opinion

going to the Honda shop change the name in the green book, or a simple letter is enough ?

The green book is an official document and entries/changes are done by the Department of Land Transport (DLT).

http://www.dlt.go.th/th/

Take the green book, your passport, your girlfriend (with Thai ID card and housebook) and go to the nearest office.

I think in "case of farang" this is better than using a service/agent.

Every office has slightly different ideas what is required for a foreigner to "sell"/transfer (or buy) a vehicle.

They might require a proof of address from you.

In the easiest case the documents from your girlfriend might be enough for that.

If not they will tell what they expect.

As previous poster writes: official papers (forms) in Thai language have to be signed by you and your girlfriend.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Thanks for your answers

an other question, half related to the previous question

I normally never use this motorbike but some of my girlfriend' friends use it some times ( Thai people and I don't know if they drive safe or not ) ; suppose

these people have accidents ( material or corporel damages ) ; even if I have nothing to do with the accident, because the bike is in my name, can I have problems ( of course I pay every year the po lo bo ) and be asked to pay something to cover the damages ? smile.png

I just ask, never been confronted to this sort of problem, just want to know how work the insurances

Edited by Aforek