Clueless Pattaya visitors

toenail

I have no problem with hookers or LB's until they grab me, one in my crouch another time by the arm. The latter time I yanked away and was told to '<deleted> off'. If you think thats a appropiate way to treat visiting tourists, so be it. If someome had done either of those two things to me in a western country I would have knocked them out.

The only way to deal with LBs on Beach Rd is to avoid avoid avoid. I always ran faster than them in their high heels, smile.png . Seriously, if you let one get close enough to touch your crotch, another will be lifting your wallet. "Knock them out"- good way to get half a dozen after you, and even you couldn't fight off 6 of them.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no problem with hookers or LB's until they grab me, one in my crouch another time by the arm. The latter time I yanked away and was told to '<deleted> off'. If you think thats a appropiate way to treat visiting tourists, so be it. If someome had done either of those two things to me in a western country I would have knocked them out.

The only way to deal with LBs on Beach Rd is to avoid avoid avoid. I always ran faster than them in their high heels, smile.png . Seriously, if you let one get close enough to touch your crotch, another will be lifting your wallet. "Knock them out"- good way to get half a dozen after you, and even you couldn't fight off 6 of them.

Don't see why these scum bags should scare people off the streets.

The streets don't belong to the Lady boys. bah.gifbah.gifbah.gif

People come to holiday in Pattaya, not be robed, accosted or have verbal assaults on them, buy this scum of the streets of pattaya. bah.gif

Don't see why these scum bags should scare people off the streets.

The streets don't belong to the Lady boys. bah.gifbah.gifbah.gif

People come to holiday in Pattaya, not be robed, accosted or have verbal assaults on them, buy this scum of the streets of pattaya. bah.gif

I was never "scared off the streets because of them", and I doubt anyone else is either- just got to make sure they don't get close enough to pickpocket.

They are just part of the rich tapestry of Thai life. If it was like back home, wouldn't be any point in going there.

Neither occurred on Beach Road, both occurred on the same stretch of a busy two lane main street on the other side of Second Rd. Both instances took me by surprise. The crotch grabber was a walk by. The other, a big gal driving a motorbike, and the LB on the back, who said something as they came up from behind on motorbike, then, stopped immediately in front of me, the LB getting off and getting right in my face as the girl driving grabbed my arm.

My Russian wife was told, by her Russian friends living in Pattaya, no need to worry about sleaszy part of city, if you're not interested in it, it doesn't come to you. I'm finding, thats not true. I'm over 60yrs old. Have no idea why they find me interesting.

Neither occurred on Beach Road, both occurred on the same stretch of a busy two lane main street on the other side of Second Rd. Both instances took me by surprise. The crotch grabber was a walk by. The other, a big gal driving a motorbike, and the LB on the back, who said something as they came up from behind on motorbike, then, stopped immediately in front of me, the LB getting off and getting right in my face as the girl driving grabbed my arm.

That is VERY unusual. I never saw such a thing on 2nd, other than outside the bars, where it is to be expected.

My Russian wife was told, by her Russian friends living in Pattaya, no need to worry about sleaszy part of city, if you're not interested in it, it doesn't come to you. I'm finding, thats not true. I'm over 60yrs old. Have no idea why they find me interesting.

Do you wear gold chains or anything that shows you are wealthy? They were trying to rob you, as pointed out by another poster. Nothing to do with sex or "sleaze".

Excuse me.

But my point is people come here for the sex trade

that's way they don't go to Spain !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Always have done always will.

despite how people want to dress it up. facepalm.gif

Yes, many do, but thousands get fooled into thinking Pattaya is a family destination by the travel agent lies, and they didn't come for the sex trade. So my point still stands that THOSE people could find a beach and a resort with a swimming pool in Spain.

I kind of don't think so,

people can type in any destination on on the web and you can know all about the place in 2 minutes flat, maybe people are as stupid as your making out,

I don't know.wai2.gif

I would like to know how pattaya is marketed Boucher content wise in say China.

is it done as family destination but has a pic at the bottom of the girly scene of pattaya or is there no mention of any racy stuff at all.

Anyone know ?

You could look it up on the internet.

Should take you about 2 minutes apparently.......

There is one really great thing about Pattaya, all my life I have been skinny , kind of thirty two inch waste, now at seventy three my waist is thirty eight inch, however was in Pattaya for the weekend to visit friends and driving around town I actually felt very thin and very fit after seeing all the fat slobs every where, must admit some of them had really cute arm candy, still felt great to be skinny,

Maybe I should eat more drink more and get some twenty year old arm candy.

No just joking.

I see that too I'm very fit, muscular, 34 inch waist for a 64yr old. A 39 yr old Thai male tried to guess my age tonite. He gave up guessing when he hit 54 yrs old. About fainted when I told him. Anyway, when I see those old fat guys with young Thai gals, first thought that goes through my mind is, he's got a big, open wallet.

Were those visitors ever to the U.S.? Land of crazies and zombies.

I've met a lot of nice and sane people in Pattaya over the last three months. Some have become close friends.

Yes, they've been.

I don't doubt you may have met "a lot of nice and sane people..." I'm sure there are but, there are some western dudes that sure look losers in that town.

Were those visitors ever to the U.S.? Land of crazies and zombies.

I've met a lot of nice and sane people in Pattaya over the last three months. Some have become close friends.

Yes, they've been.

I don't doubt you may have met "a lot of nice and sane people..." I'm sure there are but, there are some western dudes that sure look losers in that town.

There are some, as you call them, losers in EVERY town and city in the world.

So a bit generalised to tar everyone with the same brush.

All you guys crack me up.

Pattaya, Phuket, Sukhumvit is for the dudes who can't make it with a quality Thai girl.

Fat, bald, skinny rakes...they are all there; the dregs from their own respective countries.

Clueless visitors and clueless residents.

Might as well add Lao Kao drinkers, and add your name to the list ?

Honestly, freaks of visitors and worse for residents. A real dive in every way.

TIT and AirAsia (inflight mag) gave the place a write up recently from individual experiences just to sell the shithole. I don't doubt people are clueless when they arrive as a tourist. It's a shit stain on the country and many of the freak expats are the boils.

I've never seen such a high proportion of below average (at best) looking whites anywhere else in the country or world.

This was the exact impression from 2 visitors I met recently. They were happy to get the fark out.

And most of these clueless visitors are cigarette smokers ( definetely a correlation here )

Then you have the ----load of Chinese. Korean and Japanese males walking around smoking cigarettes all day.

The other clueless groups are middle to older age couples and younger families. I used to think that not many of those visiting for other than the main attraction would be inclined to visit for a second time but besides being clueless they are oblivious too.

Edited by morrobay

There is one really great thing about Pattaya, all my life I have been skinny , kind of thirty two inch waste, now at seventy three my waist is thirty eight inch, however was in Pattaya for the weekend to visit friends and driving around town I actually felt very thin and very fit after seeing all the fat slobs every where, must admit some of them had really cute arm candy, still felt great to be skinny,

Maybe I should eat more drink more and get some twenty year old arm candy.

No just joking.

Pattaya gals don't care about the size of your waist, only about the size of your wallet giggle.gif .

Pattaya is portrayed now as a place undergoing change. But the hope of all the officials and their meetings is doomed by the relentless way of everyone working in Pattaya only being here to make money - and so all the thinking is short-term.

So all the intentions, the beach cleaning, the officials trying to do whatever fancy idea they have dreamt off, it all falls flat as the main concern for anyone working here is simply to make as much money as possible - else why would they be here.

So everybody is busy trying to improve something that simply just gets bigger, but fails to improve. I think this is why we like it so much, it simply fails in its ambitions.

Pattaya is portrayed now as a place undergoing change.

Not just "portrayed." It's always been undergoing change. Is now, and will be.

But the hope of all the officials and their meetings is doomed by the relentless way of everyone working in Pattaya only being here to make money - and so all the thinking is short-term.

I haven't heard any officials expressing disappointment. Where's that?

So all the intentions, the beach cleaning, the officials trying to do whatever fancy idea they have dreamt off, it all falls flat as the main concern for anyone working here is simply to make as much money as possible - else why would they be here.

So everybody is busy trying to improve something that simply just gets bigger, but fails to improve. I think this is why we like it so much, it simply fails in its ambitions.

You've not understood that getting bigger and making money IS the main intention and it's not failed: on the contrary, it's succeeded remarkably well even in the face of TVF sneers and prophecies of doom.

Your definition of improvement mostly doesn't coincide with their definition or of that held by the vast number of Thais who work here now but otherwise could not have. It's never been about becoming Sarasota, Florida. Is there any such in Third World country at beer Chang prices? Meanwhile, according to the Mastercard Asia Pacific Destination Index, Pattaya comes in at #8 w/ 8.1 million international overnight visitors, a 10% growth over 2014. Failed ambitions! laugh.png Post of the day.

So what? If it's too sleazy and dirty for them there will always be a new crop. Or so the Thais think and why shouldn't they?

How right you are..

If the Jet-ski scam can continue for decades then the Innocent coming to

Pattaya should be a slam dunk...

Pattaya as we know is the sin city as seen every day like the sex in the toilet last week. They shag day and night for the money to buy things and it's not really a family place. I think Koh Samet or somewhere else is more family orientated.

I wouldn't want my family walking past 65yr old brit cuddling a 22 yr old trying to kiss her.blink.png

Don't see why not.

My wife would laugh, and my 4yo wouldn't notice.

Pattaya is portrayed now as a place undergoing change.

Not just "portrayed." It's always been undergoing change. Is now, and will be.

But the hope of all the officials and their meetings is doomed by the relentless way of everyone working in Pattaya only being here to make money - and so all the thinking is short-term.

I haven't heard any officials expressing disappointment. Where's that?

You've not understood that getting bigger and making money IS the main intention and it's not failed: on the contrary, it's succeeded remarkably well even in the face of TVF sneers and prophecies of doom.

Your definition of improvement mostly doesn't coincide with their definition or of that held by the vast number of Thais who work here now but otherwise could not have. It's never been about becoming Sarasota, Florida. Is there any such in Third World country at beer Chang prices? Meanwhile, according to the Mastercard Asia Pacific Destination Index, Pattaya comes in at #8 w/ 8.1 million international overnight visitors, a 10% growth over 2014. Failed ambitions! laugh.png Post of the day.

The point is Pattaya is successful, but not as a family destination, and trying to change things to make it fit that description will be hard - I refer back to my post as to why.

The point is Pattaya is successful, but not as a family destination, and trying to change things to make it fit that description will be hard - I refer back to my post as to why.

And my point is that “The Authorities” haven’t been trying to change things to make it fit the description “Family Destination.” I refer back to my post about what their intention is and how it’s working pretty well. To talk about failing to do, or now how hard it is to do, what they haven’t been trying to do is merely nonsensical.

Even so, lots of families come here and also live here. You don’t know how any particular family is going to regard Pattaya. Some may need a bit of education, as do forum members. biggrin.png There are threads devoted to the subject.

First, a revelation: there are no “The Authorities” controlling all aspects of Pattaya’s economy as our TVF North Korean economists imagine. Recently I even saw a post implying that “The Authorities” put up CentralFestival PB. It really belongs to them, not the shareholders of Central Pattana PLC. smile.png “All your base are belong to us.”

And even if there were such an omniscient “The Authorities,” you haven’t in fact seen any Directive whatsoever from them decreeing, “Thenceforth, Pattaya Shall Be A Family Resort.” If so, please give the exact reference.

You’ve merely fallen for an oft-repeated TVF urban myth, one of the straw men that serve a number of useful purposes for various brigades. I needn’t take time and space to detail those here. In short, "Family Destination" has become a fine, reliable source of knee-jerking, condescension, and feelings of superiority to The Thai: another failure out of so many . . . oooh—I saw an INCONSISTENCY (“I Tawt I Taw a Puddy Tat”).

Even before the rise of the myth, infrastructure improvements--by local public standards--were ongoing in the city. And they've continued, with some concessions towards a more civilized appearance, so they think. For everyone, not targeted at families. Yet as WinnieTheKhwai pointed out almost three years ago, "I think it dawned on them [City Hall] pretty late that Pattaya was going to be a BIG city." Indeed, who would have thought? And how to keep up w/ all the expensive new infrastructure needed? Realistically, I mean, in this environment. You could tell how badly farang want to help by the reaction if Immigration announced a rise in visa fees to help pay for it all.

Best not to worry yourself much about “Whither Pattaya” questions, IMO. Our local Thais generally don’t—as only makes sense, they know best how to live happily in their own culture.

Having read the comments here and given this topic some thought, I have now changed my mind and believe that it could be possible for Pattaya to become a 'family destination' without affecting the existing tourist market. My reasons for this change in view are...

1) The place is developing, and therefore changing all the time, and some areas are moving forward. As I stated (above), people that work here are only interested in earning money, but that driver is enough to force change, there has already been a lot of change in the last 10 years because of this. Such change takes place to increase revenue.

2) In the past 10 years Pattays has grown. There are areas now where you can take your family - Central shopping mail, the new plush hotels with their horizon swimming pools, and more. This growth is sure to continue. The expansion of Pattaya can lead to families visiting Pattaya, without having to destroy all of what currently exists - Some areas will remain as they always have been whilst some new places can cater for families. This development can occur not because "Thais want to live in their own culture" (JSixpack above) but simply as a result from the opportunity to generate greater incomes.

3) Authorities exist in most places. These are the people that are employed to affect the smooth running of an area through planning. Having given this some thought I now beleive that such authorities in Pattaya have actually been trying hard to improve things, for instance we have the Internatonal Fieworks Show, The Musice Festival and other such events in Pattaya. Again these events were not around 10 years ago - and it is fair to assume that there will be more in the future. Such events are good for the local economy and move Pattaya in a direction where families would want to visit. I therefore now have to agree with the point made by 'JSixpack' that such authorities have been trying to improve things, not just in the realm of organising and allowing events, but in other areas too.