Heavy rainfall in January , whats going on ?

balo

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was sweating in the park, wearing shorts and a tank. My exercise program was so easy compared to doing it on a normal hot/humid day it made me ponder how much I sacrifice living in a hot steamy climate and whether or not it will have an impact on my health/longevity.

• 3 weeks later...

It's raining again , anyone surprised? Is it almost rainy season? Nope, my calendar says February 16.

We went down to Pattaya this morning, couldn't believe it when it started raining around mid day, but quite light compared to the way home, absolutely chucked it down around the Laem Chabang interchange.

It's raining again , anyone surprised? Is it almost rainy season? Nope, my calendar says February 16.

Very heavy rain in your area. Suk, just south of Wat Boon, was pretty much down to one lane for cars. Flooded...again....

Lovely to see the sewers overflowing on Soi 5 outside immigration. What a mess....

l played golf today at Pattaya Country Club and we had a few spots of rain - mind you, they were mega spots almost like wet hailstones.

Just as we finished around 2.30am the heavens opened. I had to drive my mate back to Pattaya and I could not believe the condition of the roads in the city. 3rd Road, Klang, etc were like lakes.

The authorities will never be able to come to terms with the infrastructure problems - it's too late. I'm glad to be back on the dark side in one pierce, but I do feel sorry for the citizens and holiday-makers in Patts, having to endure this chaos after each storm.

Goodness knows how it would have affected the tunnel on Suk, were it open.

Ahhhhh! Great down pour today (depends where you were located in Patts) but it certainly cleaned off the dust and cleared the air. (Flooding is a norm here since the so called government engineers do not know about drainage in a tropical climate so this part of the package here --)

It seems flash floods get more and more frequent over Pattaya during winter. I can't call it a dry season because it is humid most of the time and with the rainfall it gets in the last years. I think the dry spell should be more related to the North and North East, but not east. Even those regions get unusual rainfall amounts in the winter sometimes. As I read in the news there are many provinces that suffer from the lack of water, so the unseasonal rain should be a blessing at the moment.

The el nino is strting agiam and also the weather forecast rain ...so next time read a weather report before looking so lame

I listened to the weather forecast yesterday at 8.30am on the local Pattaya radio station (no name - might get banned). This station prides itself on the info regarding the city.

Anyway, not the merest mention even of the minor chance or likelihood of rain. Just the temperature range and a suggestion it would be humid. The misery of yesterday afternoon is now a memory.

So, us mere mortals just have to take that as read. We can't study weather charts each day.

In fairness, I know nowt about el nino and maybe the radio station is in the dark as well.

Same here I was checking the weather in Pattaya via the mobile app; AccuWeater and before it started raining, no rain was predicted but that was changed quickly when it was pouring down big time, LOL.

It's not good for me as I ride big bikes and often goes out to Bangsaray for lunch but thankfully, I didn't go yesterday.

That's a handy map. I assume those little blue spots are showers. I'll save the link

Those blue dots are probably noise near the radar site

this is a a better map with those filtered out, check back when it rains, it'll show areas in green to red

Note, the Banglamung noted in the map is not Pattaya, Pattaya is Southernmost edge of the map, below the pier-looking thing into the bay which is Laem Chabang Port

this map is not as detailed but covers area further south

svp120Loop.gif

Edited by digbeth

Can't you guys not smell the rain?

Or see the clouds?

If not, your hot cup of tea will tell you if it is going to rain. If you see steam rising off the tea, it will rain. (Not good for those who have beer all day though whistling.gif )