8 Thai ministries to set aside budget to buy rubber

webfact

We've been waiting for the new rice subsidy scheme to return happiness!!!

'rubbergate' is coming but will the government be sued by the next government for losses?

Did this government say they started a new 'self-financing' scheme or is this a subsidy which does cost money as all here including you have told me?

Edited by rubl

'rubbergate' is coming but will the government be sued by the next government for losses?

Did this government say they started a new 'self-financing' scheme or is this a subsidy which does cost money as all here including you have told me?

No they are not even pretending to be 'self financing' they are just going to give the billions away whereas the previous government tried to make it self-financing and it failed and now they are being persecuted for trying

No they are not even pretending to be 'self financing' they are just going to give the billions away whereas the previous government tried to make it self-financing and it failed and now they are being persecuted for trying

Yes, it's a subsidy. Provisions within the National Budget. Worst case all may be lost and accounted for.

Now as I wrote a few times already, if only Ms. Yingluck had positioned her RPPS as subsidy with 100 billion Baht as reservation in the National Budget, she wouldn't be in the mess she's in now. Many posters here have been trying to convince me subsidy may lose money, that's why it's a subsidy.

Yes, it's a subsidy. Provisions within the National Budget. Worst case all may be lost and accounted for.

Now as I wrote a few times already, if only Ms. Yingluck had positioned her RPPS as subsidy with 100 billion Baht as reservation in the National Budget, she wouldn't be in the mess she's in now. Many posters here have been trying to convince me subsidy may lose money, that's why it's a subsidy.

what 'provisions in the National Budget'? could you explain??? only few days ago it was 'NO' has the budget, suddenly, been changed? links please? "accounted for"??? where? or are you just making it up?

Does this raw form of rubber rot? I don't know.

This might work if it doesn't. Commodities are down all over. Iron, copper, oil etc...

Commodities go up and down in a boom and bust fashion. The best time to buy is when something (stocks, commodities etc) is hated and at a super low price.

Edited by jaywalker

what 'provisions in the National Budget'? could you explain??? only few days ago it was 'NO' has the budget, suddenly, been changed? links please? "accounted for"??? where? or are you just making it up?

You should read more of the news, my dear chap. PM Prayut has asked eight or so Ministries to make available some of their budget in order to finance this subsidy. As the Ministries budgets are part of the National Budget, it's all covered.

As for your last question, you should know better by now.