Bank security guard threatens Australian man with gun in Pattaya

webfact

Bank Security Guard Threatens Australian Man With Gun in Pattaya
By Sasiwan Mokkhasen
Staff Reporter

14525164831452516882l.jpg
A police officer at Pattaya Police Station this afternoon with Security Guard Natthapong Konchanthet,40, and the gun issued by the bank.

PATTAYA — A security guard confessed to threatening an Australian man with a gun, because the man had parked on bank property Monday afternoon.

Natthapong Konchanthet, 40, a security guard at Bank of Ayudhya’s Soi Buakhao Pattaya branch, told the police he only wanted to scare Andrew Zahlan, 34, as he often parked his motorcycle in an area belonging to the bank.

“He was charged with threatening someone with a gun,” said Police.Lt.Kewaleesiri Phasukthanaphaisal from Pattaya Police Station.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1452516483&typecate=06&section=

kse.png
-- Khaosod English 2016-01-12

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

G4S Security Guard arrested in Gun incident at Central Pattaya Bank – UPDATED

bank-2.jpg?fit=610%2C393

PATTAYA: -- On Monday afternoon Pattaya Police arrested a 41-year-old G4S Security Guard at a Bank in Central Pattaya following a complaint from an Australian who claims to have been threatened with a gun because of how he parked his bike at the front of a bank guarded by the suspect.

The 35 year old Australian reported to Police that he had been threatened by the Guard who allegedly pointed his firearm at him due to a parking dispute outside of the Bank he worked at.

Police made their way to the Bank of Ayudhya Branch in Soi Buakhao and arrested Khun Natapong who was relieved of his registered firearm which the bank issues to him on a daily basis so he can protect staff and customers at the bank if needed.

Police confirmed the guard had a permit to carry a holstered weapon although his use of the weapon in this case was deemed unlawful. The guard claims that the Australian ex-pat parked his motorbike in a restricted area at the front of the bank on a daily basis and despite being asked to move he ignores the guard. On Monday the bike was left in the same place and once again the Australian ignored the Guard who asked him to move his bike.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/220642/g4s-security-guard-arrested-in-gun-incident-at-central-pattaya-bank/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-01-12

I'm sure that this guard has gone thru days and hours of vigorous training and learning how and when

to use the gun to insure that the gun is in safe hands... Or NOT... this is the kind of stuff that people

get killed from, the abundance of guns in this country mostly in the wrong hands, be it legal hand or not.....

I'm sure that this guard has gone thru days and hours of vigorous training and learning how and when

to use the gun to insure that the gun is in safe hands... Or NOT... this is the kind of stuff that people

get killed from, the abundance of guns in this country mostly in the wrong hands, be it legal hand or not.....

I've never been scared of guns but I'm terrified of guns in the hands of idiots.

I was going to comment on this then I just got lost for words, someone help me out here......move your motorbike or I will shoot you is the best I could come up with ?

It is what happens in a xenophobic culture that considers loss of face to be the ultimate crime, intolerable when at the hands of a lowly non-Thai.

Apparently the training they receive is very similar to the training used in the US.

Kind of sums up how far down the road.

Thais in Pattaya have gone, with regard to the the people

that are responsible for them to have a job in the first place.

the humble Tourist. blink.png

Hope he was fired for this bah.gif

Fined Not more than 100 baht i am sure and keeps his job. Edited by cheapcanuck

So the banks are issuing hand guns to there security guards now....

I have never seen a guard with a gun.

Not sure what the criteria for a guard being armed is but I have been to several banks where one has been armed. I should add that it does not appear the norm.

So the banks are issuing hand guns to there security guards now....

I have never seen a guard with a gun.

All the guards that fill the ATMs with money carry guns, but they seem much more professional than the typical bank 'security' guards.

I was going to comment on this then I just got lost for words, someone help me out here......move your motorbike or I will shoot you is the best I could come up with ?

because you are a farrang and you cannot park your motorcycle here only for Thai people.

So what! Just another nutter with a gun in Pattaya, but is Bank of Ayudhya giving 2.10% on term deposits?

And another parking his motorcycle where he pleases, but when the twain meet!

I think this Aussie had been warned by the guard several times previously not to park his bike in a place reserved for bank customers, and he apparently just abused the guard and went for his regular drink in the bar opposite. Not saying the guard was justified, but I think the Aussie might need a lesson in manners as well.