U.S. father fatally shoots son mistaken for intruder

webfact

Great line of reasoning. A car is for transportation. What are the uses for guns?

Protection of human life.

I have personally saved the life of a fellow human being who was being beaten to death, by shooting a shotgun over the heads of low-life thugs on my property. They ran off, peeing their pants, while we got an aid car for the near-dead victim.

For every murder or tragic accident, we probably could collect a much higher stack of life-saving anecdotes because a policeman or citizen was armed. Even the old U.K. came to its senses regarding its formerly unarmed police force. The evil in the world demands a stronger opposing force.

On a larger scale, but with the same reasoning: good thing the USA finally armed itself halfway through WWII, after finally realizing you don't kow-tow to armed bullies.

For every murder or tragic accident, we probably could collect a much higher stack of life-saving anecdotes because a policeman or citizen was armed.

Probably not, otherwise the NRA would have created a website only for this

Dream on. We're both talking in probabilities on this point, without facts. But I suspect I'm right. IMHO. :-)

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Play with guns and u kill people.

Drive cars like idiots and u kill people.

Serve pa-ra on your son-tam and u kill people.

Sell alcohol and cigarettes and u kill people.

Clever Idea: Why not just ban the whole lot? http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/886144-us-father-fatally-shoots-son-mistaken-for-intruder/?p=10303837

I can drive like a f1 racer, but because some morons cannot drive fast I have to follow the regulations.

I can take drugs like a champion, but because some morons can't I cannot buy them in shops.

In USA Kinder chocolate are forbiddent because some kids swallow them and shock, so all the kids cannot buy them.

In USA you cannot eat raw milk cheese, because "it is not safe"

You cannot drink before majority, but you can buy a rifle for your 12yrs old kid.....

You cannot have an abortion before medical check, discussion with a shrink, face the bigots raw of shame...but you can buy guns in Wallmart.

Smoking law is harsher than gun selling

Oh and do not forget the main thing : guns are designed to kill or aim...nothing else, not to open beers...

Cars are not designed to kill

IMHO guns are designed to protect (as are armies, medicine, chemotherapy, safety training, etc.). Not such an alien thought.

Even though we have these things designed to protect, they are still misused by evil and incompetent people.

BTW, I am all for better control which weeds out the cons and certifiable idiots. The best we can do. However, you ban all weapons and you end up with a defenseless crowd at a Paris concert.

Edited by Fookhaht

Great line of reasoning. A car is for transportation. What are the uses for guns?

I have personally saved the life of a fellow human being who was being beaten to death, by shooting a shotgun over the heads of low-life thugs on my property. They ran off, peeing their pants, while we got an aid car for the near-dead victim.

For every murder or tragic accident, we probably could collect a much higher stack of life-saving anecdotes because a policeman or citizen was armed. Even the old U.K. came to its senses regarding its formerly unarmed police force. The evil in the world demands a stronger opposing force.

On a larger scale, but with the same reasoning: good thing the USA finally armed itself halfway through WWII, after finally realizing you don't kow-tow to armed bullies.

For every murder or tragic accident, we probably could collect a much higher stack of life-saving anecdotes because a policeman or citizen was armed.

Dream on. We're both talking in probabilities on this point, without facts. But I suspect I'm right. IMHO. :-)

Well all in all, just look at the link i posted a bit earlier...you will have a big part of the answer...

I am not talking about probabilities.

If a lobby like the NRA does not setup a website or any kind of thread which list all the crimes prevented by guns, and if the case were true (more prevention than accidents) well I will soon ask to be a consultant, cause it's something that every pro guns would like to throw at the face of people like me...but there is not...strange no?

My point was its a stupid comparison. You don't ban cars because they might kill people. Banning guns is viable because their sole purpose is to kill or injure some one. Hunting rifles are beside the point. I have close relatives who own them and they keep the locked up. I highly doubt they would think to brandish them among people.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Play with guns and u kill people.

Clever Idea: Why not just ban the whole lot? http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/886144-us-father-fatally-shoots-son-mistaken-for-intruder/?p=10303837

I can drive like a f1 racer, but because some morons cannot drive fast I have to follow the regulations.

I can take drugs like a champion, but because some morons can't I cannot buy them in shops.

In USA Kinder chocolate are forbiddent because some kids swallow them and shock, so all the kids cannot buy them.

You cannot drink before majority, but you can buy a rifle for your 12yrs old kid.....

You cannot have an abortion before medical check, discussion with a shrink, face the bigots raw of shame...but you can buy guns in Wallmart.

Oh and do not forget the main thing : guns are designed to kill or aim...nothing else, not to open beers...

IMHO guns are designed to protect (as are armies, medicine, chemotherapy, safety training, etc.). Not such an alien thought.

Even though we have these things designed to protect, they are still misused (N. Korea, belligerents of WW2, etc.).

BTW, I am all for better control which weeds out the cons and certifiable idiots. The best we can do. However, you ban all weapons and you end up with a defenseless crowd at a Paris concert.

I am quite sure guns are banned from concerts in USA as well

Even though we have these things designed to protect, they are still misused (N. Korea, belligerents of WW2, etc.).

You obviously haven't been to the USA. Try an outdoor concert in Texas, Wyoming or Montana, which states boast responsible gun laws and control, along with a better-trained citizenry in self-protection. The very last venues that would be visited by any self-respecting terrorist.

Edited by Fookhaht

You obviously haven't been to the USA. Try an outdoor concert in Texas, Wyoming or Montana, which states boast responsible gun laws and control, along with a better-trained citizenry in self-protection. The very last venues that would be visited by any self-respecting terrorist.

I never been to Texas for sure, with a stupid law like Stand your ground I will not go neither (south park has a wonderful episode about this by the way)

And from what I can see, you CANNOT have a gun in a concert, sport event, and so on

I never been to Texas for sure, with a stupid law like Stand your ground I will not go neither (south park has a wonderful episode about this by the way)

And from what I can see, you CANNOT have a gun in a concert, sport event, and so on

So you're willing to extrapolate that ban/prohibition to an entire society/country?

What's the use in defending a tragic incident like this?

One could give a "what if" story such as, what if the intruder had been a 19 year old thug with his own gun ready to shoot anybody that resisted him.

Sadly it wasn't and if it had been you would never have read about it here.

So what's the use. You critics are going to criticize regardless and since the vast majority of you are not Americans, nobody really cares what your opinions are anyway.

Keep tilting at windmills all you want. Just don't expect it to do any good.

You know what? We will keep tilting the windmils! At least, they don't kill people.

And your remark that you don't give a sh*t about the opinoin of other people the from the USA..... That just shows the brain power you have.

Oh, btw, I'm sure I made some spellng mistakes in this post, so be free to blame a other non American!

Have a nice day.

One could give a "what if" story such as, what if the intruder had been a 19 year old thug with his own gun ready to shoot anybody that resisted him.

So what's the use. You critics are going to criticize regardless and since the vast majority of you are not Americans, nobody really cares what your opinions are anyway.

You know what? We will keep tilting the windmils! At least, they don't kill people....

post-108400-0-02387100-1452676044_thumb.

Tilting windmills could be lethal.

However, tilting AT windmills is another matter.

Edited by Fookhaht

So you're willing to extrapolate that ban/prohibition to an entire society/country?

It will for sure prevent any road rage, drunk, kids shooting at each other thinking it is a toy.... and so much more

It will for sure prevent any road rage, drunk, kids shooting at each other thinking it is a toy.... and so much more

Oh yes, it will certainly prevent any road rage.....

post-108400-0-85442200-1452676466_thumb.

Human nature will always find a lethal tool, even if it is Cain destroying his brother with a club.

(Any thinking person would know that what was really needed was good club-control legislation.)

Edited by Fookhaht

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2016-01-13 at 4.13.38 PM.png

Human nature will always find a lethal tool, even if it is Cain destroying his brother with a club. What what really needed was good club-control legislation.

It is easier to kill someone or more than one by just pressing a trigger rather than clubbing them...

Probably the kid will still be alive if its dad "only" clubbed him

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2016-01-13 at 4.13.38 PM.png

Human nature will always find a lethal tool, even if it is Cain destroying his brother with a club. What what really needed was good club-control legislation.

It is easier to kill someone or more than one by just pressing a trigger rather than clubbing them...

Probably the kid will still be alive if its dad "only" clubbed him

Now we're grasping at straws...

Just another example of why the general populous shouldn't be armed.

When will the gun 'pro' supporters ever realise they are wrong? Probably never, too stupid !

No Stupid ,If Dad had a Baseball bat, He would have Caved in his sons Head in too,So people are Stupid for arming themselves with Baseball Bats hey?

When will the gun 'pro' supporters ever realise they are wrong? Probably never, too stupid !

Well, before extrapolating from a punctual event, we should first find out if the shooter was entitled to possess a gun under current gun laws or not.

They will probably say that the father was mentally unstable or the kid should send clear signals when going home : like yelling or ringing the bell..

Naaa That would be plain silly.

It is the boy's fault for not wearing a vest and carrying an assault rifle....

Just a typical "home intrusion" and therefore a justifiable homicide under the Second Amendment......

Edited by bangon04

Would some prefer he be like bystander shot dead by stray bullet from feuding motorcycle gangs in Bangkok just a few days ago?

Here we go..... of course that kid you mention should have been sitting in the vehicle armed with his own gun and aiming it at any potential threat from passing gangbangers...... maybe take a few shots out of the window of a moving vehicle to make sure he could not be thought of as a potential target. Obviously his own fault.

No Stupid ,If Dad had a Baseball bat, He would have Caved in his sons Head in too,So people are Stupid for arming themselves with Baseball Bats hey?

He would have to come closer to his son and maybe recognize him...he would also have a chance to not kill it instantly

I have spent a lot of time around guns. Why would this guy not have treated this as a defencive situation and called the police? The gun a last resort only if his life was threatened. This guy was looking for a confrontation. He found it.

How very Thai of ChuckD in showing his Americaness.

I'm an American and many of us do care and appreciate the opinions of non-Americans.

Nothing to do with the NRA but there are sites around that detail such incidents.

Google "real life armed self defense stories" and follow the bouncing ball.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

http://thewellarmedwoman.com/women-and-guns/survival-stories

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/real-stories-of-self-defense-using-firearms/

http://www.cato.org/guns-and-self-defense

http://www.examiner.com/article/30-days-of-guns-saving-lives-a-collection-of-true-stories-of-self-defense

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/true-stories-july-2014/

yeah, the US even needs more GUNS GUNS GUNS to make it an even safer place than it already is...... how SICK !!! Obama got that right..... no guns, no shootings. It is as simple as that (and most civilized countries in Europe where guns r near to non-existent in public are living prove of that)

I do agree with you the US has 270 million registered guns not counting the illegal ones

who is protecting who ?