Liar! Danish 'victim' of East Pattaya street robbery confesses

webfact

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha. Cannot claim stolen cash on any insurance policy in this world and highly unlikely insurance exists for missing iphone as there is a

deductible .

Yes you can, it's standard travel insurance cover.

Cheap travel insurance: from £13 - MoneySavingExpert

"Baggage and personal belongings

Your travel policy will also cover you if your stuff is lost, stolen or damaged while you are on holiday. Almost everything you take overseas, including computers, phones, cameras and expensive clothing is included. Many providers will also cover you for the loss of a passport, cash or a driving licence."

Here's something to remember:

"Alcohol-related injury

You may be on holiday to unwind but if you are badly injured while you are more than just a little tipsy, your insurer is likely to reject your claim. The same goes for drugs. Insurers have different classifications of 'drunk', with some using blood alcohol limits, so check your policy carefully before you buy."

Which may explain why so many people end up having to pay their hospital costs

Insurers will also not pay for injuries incurred while riding (not a passenger) on a motorcycle if you don't have a M/C licence "back home".

Edited by Enoon

Ach, he screwed up, he got caught. Not his finest hour but hardly worth the venom and the outrage. I mean, I know we're all meant to bend over and take it from corporations, but I can't bring myself to be that upset by someone who wanted to screw over his insurance company.

We should be thanking this Dane! He has figured out a way to make the pattaya police to actually investigate something. So if you are a victim of crime you should make it sound like you are reporting it for an insurance scam otherwise they will just write a report and then request money for it.

what an idiot, I am now a shamed to be danish sad.png

You should. Danish is with capital "D". Shame on you, bad boy.

FYI , not in Denmark , in Scandinavia we can use danish in the middle of a sentence without using capital letters.

I think that there are many young people who came here for the holidays are running out of money and are doing whatever to stay an extra month or two.In the other thread regarding the Aussie couple, one poster knew the kid from uni. This Dane doesnt look like a criminal. I could be wrong.

Oh yeah,what does a crim look like,does he/she have to have tatts.Most insurance companys pay out when you get back to your home country.They woke up to that scam a long time ago.

I think that there are many young people who came here for the holidays are running out of money and are doing whatever to stay an extra month or two.In the other thread regarding the Aussie couple, one poster knew the kid from uni. This Dane doesnt look like a criminal. I could be wrong.

He actually looks as though he's pissing his pants to me.

what an idiot, I am now a shamed to be danish sad.png

You should. Danish is with capital "D". Shame on you, bad boy.

FYI , not in Denmark , in Scandinavia we can use danish in the middle of a sentence without using capital letters.

Right, that is because Denmark is such a small country that they can't fit capital letters inside the borders. Just a practical solution for a complex problem.

NB: Capital letters in Danish is called "Big letters".

Edited by ExpatOilWorker

what an idiot, I am now a shamed to be danish :(

Lol... Bugger that...

I'm an Aussi, and proud of it, despite the dumb arsed things some of my countrymen do

In fact, in such numbers, that for the most part, we simply laugh off their antics?

What a donkey. Put him in a monkey house for a few month so he have time to think about the shit he has done for other Farang in the future. No wonder police having a hard time believing farang when they want to report robbery. Thailand should punish these liars so bloody hard.

No-one has yet, I think, quoted this relevant section of the Thai Penal Code ..

"Section 173 Whoever, giving information of an offence, which oneself knows not to have been committed, to the inquiry official or the official having the power to investigate the criminal cases, shall be imprisoned not more than three years and fined not not more than six thousand Baht."

In 30 years as a police officer I didn't meet many criminals who looked like criminals; it would have made life a lot easier! In this case he is a criminal as he has committed a criminal act - Attempted obtaining property by deception, Fraud, Causing wasteful employment of police are just three criminal offences off the top of my head that he could be charged with. Ergo - he is a criminal and should be treated as such. Sadly, he'll probably get a slap on the wrist and be told not to be a naughty boy by both Thai and Danish officials. All this does is tell people to make up better stories next time and don't get caught.

I would dearly love to see Action = Consequence!

After further contemplation, whilst sitting on the toilet this morning, I realized that if criminals actually looked like criminals we would never vote for them!

...I can't bring myself to be that upset by someone who wanted to screw over his insurance company.

Wow.

Seriously, just wow. No wonder the world is such a screwed up place.

I bemoan the loss of the concepts of "honor" and "shame"......

You're Welcome!! smile.png

Edited by Mr Money Bags