Carls Jr 2 for 1 promo is over. What else is out there?

Hal65

It looks like the Carl's Jr. 2 burgers for one promotion is finally over. My friend and I made it a weekly event to partake, and now we are looking for something else.

Can anyone recommend another good weekly deal at another food place?

You can use eatigo to book during certain time slots to get 50 percent off (same as two for one really) at Pastrama and Rye Jomtien on their burger menu.

Their burger menu:

http://www.pastramionryethailand.com/#!burgers/okd8a

https://www.facebook.com/pastramionryethailand/photos/a.635734176485986.1073741825.440819029310836/982037275189006/?type=3&theater

Eatigo promotion:

http://eatigo.com/home/th/en/pattaya/restaurant/name/pastrami-on-rye/?date=2016-01-16&time=4.00

Edited by Jingthing

can't figure out what people think is so good at Carl's Jr.

Thinking I just had bad luck, I tried them out 3 times in different locations.

Their burgers just taste of fat and industrial cheese, hardly any meat flavor at all.

Hippopotamus had a 50% offer too, I guess it is gone now?

Edited by manarak

Thining I just had bad luck, I tried them out 3 times in different locations.

Their burgers just taste of fat and industrial cheese, hardly any meat flavor at all.

Yes exactly, it's like being at home again without the 20+ hour plane trip. Except in a seaside location for some bizzaro-world reason.

Where are the other locations? I'm only aware of floor 3, Central Festival.

Edited by Hal65

Thining I just had bad luck, I tried them out 3 times in different locations.

Yes exactly, it's like being at home again without the 20+ hour plane trip. Except in a seaside location for some bizzaro-world reason.

Where are the other locations? I'm only aware of floor 3, Central Festival.

yes, I tried that one and 2 in BKK, nana square and the one at bang na... the lack of flavor seems to be by design, I won't be back.

I don't think you can beat the Hippopotamus place in Central.

I had the burger with veggies and potato. I think it was 200baht cant remember exactly.

Veggies and bun cooked perfectly, meat pretty good, great service and great view.

Hard to beat really.

It is not a traditional fast food burger meal but more a euro version. I think it was Aussie beef on the burger.

Sorry to hear this about Carl's Jr. as this is my favorite chain in States. Even prefer over In-and Out in CA. I ate at Central Carl's about a year ago and it was great. I also remember Hippopotamus in San Francisco back in the 50's. Reason I remember it so well is I was proud of my self for learning to spell it when around 10 years old. Haven't tried there hamburger here, but will give it a try. Forgive, just having past memories. smile.png

Sorry to hear this about Carl's Jr. as this is my favorite chain in States. Even prefer over In-and Out in CA. I ate at Central Carl's about a year ago and it was great. I also remember Hippopotamus in San Francisco back in the 50's. Reason I remember it so well is I was proud of my self for learning to spell it when around 10 years old. Haven't tried there hamburger here, but will give it a try. Forgive, just having past memories. smile.png

Not remotely the same Hippo, dude. SF Hippo Burger was a San Francisco business. The place at Central is part of a large FRENCH chain.

I can only vote for Hippo myself, my favourite with blue cheese is 249 baht. And they use imported beef, it just tastes better than the Thai version.

Edited by balo

If anyone has a samsung smart phone download the galaxy gift app.

Quick look and they have a BK offer on now along with many more , inc most of the fast food chains in Thailand with promos , free donuts , discounted pretzels , stuff from 7 ( if thats your thing ) KFC had one recently for a combo meal @ 49thb.

Download the app , choose your offer and show the counter in the store for the promo code and hey presto.

post-233254-14529431509927_thumb.jpg

That galaxy gift offer, 69 for a burger have been around for at least 3 months. Since I own 2 Samsung devices I get 2 offers monthly. Also a free donut , and a free pretzel monthly are among the best offers.

I don't find CarlJr in Central too bad and goes there about 2 times a month, I like my burgers a bit "greasy".

I also tried Hippo 1 time and will be back for more.

Both places have unspoiled views over Pattaya bay so no wonder they cost a bit more than the offerings in the cellar in Central.

yeah Hippo closed in '70,s, Missed, Carl's Jr. Guacamole burger was pretty good, too