Stolen Dog.

Stoker58

I know it's a long shot, but I may as well ask anyway. My wife's Pomeranian pup was stolen in the Thepprasit Rd. area on Thursday night. Small, grey and just three months old. Before anyone asks, he's too small to have wandered far on his own. Most likely someone on a motorbike spotted him and swiped him.

As I say, it's a long shot, but just on the off chance...

post-242989-0-50414000-1452919570_thumb.

Friend of the GF had her dog snatched recently she plastered face book with the details and offered a reward....the dog was back in no time..."someone" found it wandering around several sois distant.....I am the eternal cynic... I am sure the people who took the dog took the reward as well. But at least the dog is safe.

Maybe you could try the same approach ?

What thé price of à dog like that in thailand ?

He was given to my wife as a present, but she tells me that pups sell for about 10,000 THB. She lost a Persian cat in the same way once years ago. A Farang in a car came in to ask about renting a room. She went to get a key and when she came back the Farang was gone. She never saw her cat again.

It would have made a lot of noise if being stolen, thieves know this and go for easy targets. My bet is that it saw a rat and chased after it. By now it's probably on the brink of starvation if it has never fended for itself.

A Russian neighbour lost her little chihuahua when she was out and her drunken boyfriend left the front gate open. The small dog went for a walkies on his own and presumably somebody saw him out alone and took him home with them. This might have simply been an act of kindness seeing a small dog alone on the street, or it may have been deliberate theft given that cute little dogs sell for 5K-25K Baht here, no way of knowing. Not much chance of ever seeing the dog again, and the boyfriend was out on his ear the next day. Sorry for your loss.

Dont give up! This happened to my son and his GF a few months back..He opened the balcony door and their budgie quickly flew out and was gone. His GF was devastated as the bird lived on her shoulder. So they put an add in their local paper hoping that some how this bird has been seen and the odds of that happening are remote to say the least.

As it turns out the bird flew about 1 km away and this man took it in after it landed on his head and his daughter was reading the paper and stumbled across the ad and called my son.. Unbelievable! ..but it happened.

Anyway its just a positive true story to keep you motivated

I am sorry to hear that your dog is missing. He certainly won't be harmed whether he just wandered off or was stolen.

We have a pom the same as this. He is a major part of the family and if he were snatched we would be gutted.

I would do all of the following if it were my dog.

- go to the police

- put adverts in local Thai and Farang papers

- contact Pattaya People and see if they will run a story on it. Niels Colov may be a good guy to contact directly. He is the owner and takes on some issues personally.

- offer a reward - I would offer 3000 baht initially

- take this picture you have posted, add some words mentioning the reward, laminate about 40 copies and then tie them to trees/concrete posts in the local area and post them on the notice boards in Tesco/BigC etc... I would do this in every store, but the ones nearby would be a good start.

Good luck, I hope you get him back.

edit

I don't know if this is any use, but it is Niels Colov's Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/NielsColov

Edited by dsfbrit