• Latest posts...

1. 45

Reasons of change

2. 45

Reasons of change

3. 45

Reasons of change

4. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

5. 112

Thai Police Bust Multi-Million Baht Sex Toy Smuggling Ring

6. 45

Reasons of change

7. 45

Reasons of change

8. 6

Thai woman sends husband to prison for raping 13 year old niece

9. 45

Reasons of change

10. 10

Why Doesnt "Me Too" Apply to Democrats?

11. 123

Why Do You Even Drink?

12. 93

Why Are You Even Here? The Surprising Attitudes of Some Expats in Thailand

PM informed: B50bn of national park land allegedly stolen by officials

snoop1130

This country is hopeless. Never-ending greed, scams and corruption left and right. It's an uphill battle that the few honest people like Mr. Damrong are going to lose.

Meanwhile, the PM has set his priorities straight and announced an extremely urgent crackdown on "foreign mafia"... not local mafia, not local "businessman" crooks, not local corrupt officials... no, FOREIGN mafia.

That's because the "foreign mafia" are taking away profits from the Thai mafia.

In Thailand, "mafia" is an occupation reserved for Thai's only. :)

50bn THB for 1200 rai gives a price of over 41.6 million per rai. Land price aren't what they used to be smile.png

Of course the encroachment on public land should be dealt with harshly. I'll believe it when I see the resorts destroyed.

The problem with that is some of the buyers could have been totally unaware that the land was illegally obtained (even with due diligence).... The guilty parties should be stripped of all assets and sent to jail.... including the officials at the land department.

50bn THB for 1200 rai gives a price of over 41.6 million per rai. Land price aren't what they used to be smile.png

Of course the encroachment on public land should be dealt with harshly. I'll believe it when I see the resorts destroyed.

The problem with that is some of the buyers could have been totally unaware that the land was illegally obtained (even with due diligence).... The guilty parties should be stripped of all assets and sent to jail.... including the officials at the land department.

Which Government Department is going to compensate the "owners" when their land is seized?

I'm sure the proceeds of these crimes have been "laundered" or moved offshore by now.

The money is gone.

Not true.

Lawyers are just as bent when in due diligence and the transfer process.

Chanote titles must have long history and people were buying land with a new Chanote you must go through the nor sor 3 paperwork for proper due diligence which no lawyer will do. "Mai pen rai have Chanote"

Always be sceptical of land with a Chanote with no history of ownership. Run, don't walk.

These park land titles never went through the nor sor 3 titles. They went directly to Chanote and that's the problem right there.

No proper due diligence.

But, if you just change the bn on the 50 to mil, then the price per rai miraculously become 41.6 thousand. I think the reason Thais have problems with farang counting system is that Thai language has lots of different words for multiples of 1,000 and 1,000,000.

Now the question is how does the government take the land back and put these thieves in prison?

But, if you just change the bn on the 50 to mil, then the price per rai miraculously become 41.6 thousand. I think the reason Thais have problems with farang counting system is that Thai language has lots of different words for multiples of 1,000 and 1,000,000.

Now the question is how does the government take the land back and put these thieves in prison?

"how does the government take the land back and put these thieves in prison" - and without a big loss of "face" on the world stage, and an even bigger loss of foreign confidence and foreign property investment here.

There was an article not long ago that stated even some businesses on Bangla Road where on encroached land.

What a mess.

Edited by NamKangMan

I suppose he's booked a one way ticket to Australia like the people trafficking investigator. I don;t think that this is urgent for the PM because it's only US$1.5 billion or thereabouts which has been stolen, nothing to worry about really, unless you can frame a red shirt for it? Shame there aren't any red shirts in Phuket.

A high position in the office of the provincial land administration in the tourist regions must be quite lucrative.
A check on unusual wealth would illuminate that very well.
Land paper upgrades are indeed often paid by the population with cash or section land plots.
Would not surprise me that some officers have there private bookshelfs filled with complaisance Channot papers.

A high position in the office of the provincial land administration in the tourist regions must be quite lucrative.

A check on unusual wealth would illuminate that very well.

Land paper upgrades are indeed often paid by the population with cash or section land plots.

Would not surprise me that some officers have there private bookshelfs filled with complaisance Channot papers.

A check on 'wealth' is far too obvious, but always ignored because all the way up the chain it's just the same and no-one wants to upset the status quo.