PM informed: B50bn of national park land allegedly stolen by officials

snoop1130

PM informed: B50bn of national park land allegedly stolen by officials
Kom Chad Luek

post-249866-0-93823900-1453114832_thumb.

PHUKET: -- Allegations of officials pillaging Phuket national park land, dividing it and then illegally selling it, was brought to the attention of Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha today.

“I have obtained and passed on information incriminating officials who abused their power and sold off about 1,200 rai of Sirinath National Park,” said Damrong Phidet, a member of the National Reform Steering Assembly and former director general of the Department of National Parks, Wildlife and Plant Conservation (DNP).

The land, which is valued at about 50 billion baht, was divided up into 178 plots and issued NorSor 3 Kor land-usage documents, explained MrDamrong, who filed the complaint to PM Prayut.

Full Story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/PM-informed-B50bn-national-park-land-allegedly/62912?desktopversion

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2016-01-18

Maybe these corrupt officals wil think twice now. Those 'good old day' might be gone and the quick million baht 'envelope' to sign over a billion baht piece of land might be long gone ... well, maybe not ...

Maybe not is right...they'll keep doing it till they're stopped.

Always nice to see them start somewhere. Now go back and take a look at every deal these guys had their fingers in.

50bn THB for 1200 rai gives a price of over 41.6 million per rai. Land price aren't what they used to be smile.png

Of course the encroachment on public land should be dealt with harshly. I'll believe it when I see the resorts destroyed.

This country is hopeless. Never-ending greed, scams and corruption left and right. It's an uphill battle that the few honest people like Mr. Damrong are going to lose.

Meanwhile, the PM has set his priorities straight and announced an extremely urgent crackdown on "foreign mafia"... not local mafia, not local "businessman" crooks, not local corrupt officials... no, FOREIGN mafia.

Maybe these corrupt officals wil think twice now. Those 'good old day' might be gone and the quick million baht 'envelope' to sign over a billion baht piece of land might be long gone ... well, maybe not ...

all these deals took place under the last government, so the army had nothing to do with it.. Take my advice and watch what you write otherwise you might get into trouble for making false and defamatory posts.

Edited by seedy
Quote hidden post

If handled properly this could be the first big feather in the PM's hat. If he prosecutes all the guilty parties and I mean really prosecute jail time big fines loss of rank for any military involved and the land returned to its pristine state. Do it all line them up and do the finger pointing routine. If the resorts must be torn down then the guilty parties should be sued or compensated by the guilty. Sadly I think it will die off and disappear from the headlines. Would like to see this kept in the headlines and really get legs but somehow I think that is wishful thinking.

Justice minister demands evidences to prove irregularities in land mapping in Phuket

309900-imagejpeg-475843-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Justice Minister Paiboon Kumchaya has challenged a member of the National Reform Steering Assembly to come forward with evidences to substantiate the allegations that the new mapping of land in Phuket’s Sirinart national park was done in favour of some land developers.

Mr Damrong Phidet, an NRSA member and former director-general of National Parks, Wildlife and Plants Department, recently claimed that he had received complaints of irregularities from officials involved in the mapping under the One Map project of forested land in Phuket.

Minister Paiboon said he would like to explain the procedure of mapping under the One Map project to be undertaken in every province. The work will be overseen by a provincial subcommittee which comprises a governor and representatives from various ministries.

He pointed out that every time there is such a project, allegations of irregularties will normally surface but in most of the cases the allegations were proven to be groundless.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/147148

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-01-19

Justice minister demands evidences to prove irregularities in land mapping in Phuket

309900-imagejpeg-475843-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Justice Minister Paiboon Kumchaya has challenged a member of the National Reform Steering Assembly to come forward with evidences to substantiate the allegations that the new mapping of land in Phuket’s Sirinart national park was done in favour of some land developers.

Mr Damrong Phidet, an NRSA member and former director-general of National Parks, Wildlife and Plants Department, recently claimed that he had received complaints of irregularities from officials involved in the mapping under the One Map project of forested land in Phuket.

Minister Paiboon said he would like to explain the procedure of mapping under the One Map project to be undertaken in every province. The work will be overseen by a provincial subcommittee which comprises a governor and representatives from various ministries.

He pointed out that every time there is such a project, allegations of irregularties will normally surface but in most of the cases the allegations were proven to be groundless.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/147148

thaipbs_logo.jpg

-- Thai PBS 2016-01-19

Someone mentioned earlier in the thread about stepping on big important people ( in their mind) it looks like this guy isn't happy about it seeing as the past post he has held. No vested interest in this though....................

Arrest the Mr. Bigs and all corrupt officials, charge them, go to court, prove the case against them and imprison them for a long time.

How difficult can that be?

Needless to say, I'm not holding my breath.

Arresting them all and who will be left?

50bn THB for 1200 rai gives a price of over 41.6 million per rai. Land price aren't what they used to be smile.png

Of course the encroachment on public land should be dealt with harshly. I'll believe it when I see the resorts destroyed.

Resorts should become government property, owners should be jailed and glasses should be issued to officials and police so that they will be able to see a resort being constructed.

Glasses of the same type should be issued to Walking St police so they can distinguish the difference between a Thai and a Russian working girl.cheesy.gif

Why not report this kind of thing after its been investigated and been through the courts with punishments applied etc.

Journalism includes reporting the current status, the hot news as it breaks, the intermediate steps (like the PM being informed that there is evidence of high value corruption re the park), and not just the Grand finali.

Brave man. Need more of them in Thailand.

We need such brave man in Surat Thani. What ever happen to the case over forest illegal encroachment on a mountain in Koh Samui by Suthep's son in 2012. Case went limp and cold.

Yes Eric. As you know, Suthep was a daily adviser to Gen Prayuth during and prior to the coup, he publicly said so. So i very much doubt that the PM will let his adviser have to "show cause" regarding the Koh Samui encroachment.

"Land price aren't what they used to be"

Aren't they? What was the going rate of prime beach front development land in your day?

maybe only the envelopes get bigger and filled with more "donations"

Arrest the Mr. Bigs and all corrupt officials, charge them, go to court, prove the case against them and imprison them for a long time.

How difficult can that be?

Needless to say, I'm not holding my breath.

Arresting them all and who will be left?

yeah, and who should rule this country?

This whole "accounting for sized land" thing has been going on since day one of this corrupt and ineffective administration. They are NOT serious about it, on any level. Yes, they will make an occasional arrest. But, how many have been convicted to date? How many current or former officials are serving time in prison? How many? He is so not serious. He is such a clown.