Deadline day for Phuket underpass, B2mn fine a day from now

snoop1130

Which T-junction? The one I described?

Clearly simon is not going to conceed the obvious truth that the bypass ends at the t-junction and not at Tesco.

I guess for him his jouney on the bypass ends at Tesco and we all must agree with him ...

I am out of here ..

Where's simon?

You don't have to agree with anything, You're the one who corrected me and told me that Bypass ends at the t-junction. Looks like others have to agree with you ...

As I said, let's get back on topic

post discussing Moderation removed

Forum Rule - 10) Do not discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

Is the Samkong underpass (which is where the bypass road & Chalermprakiat Rd join together) being built by the same company which is now doing the Chalong underpass. I despair even more if this is true. Re the other underpass where the bypass meets Thepkasatri road, the contractor, Italian Thai who also did the Central underpass, seems to be getting well on with the job.

They'd closed the right turn off Chaofa West earlier today (1:30pm), the one used as a short cut to Patak Road. This meant all north to south traffic was being funnelled to Chalong Circle. Traffic was backed up almost to the Big Buddha turning.

Not sure if this is permanent but returning from shopping and school used Chaofa East and there were no hold-ups at the Circle.

I have absolutely no confidence whatsoever in the contractors and planners for this underpass and am expecting the worst.

Pretty awful traffic elsewhere as two buses were stationary in the middle lane near Thanon Kwang. Think they'd hit each other.

Edited by madmitch

Is the Samkong underpass (which is where the bypass road & Chalermprakiat Rd join together) being built by the same company which is now doing the Chalong underpass. I despair even more if this is true. Re the other underpass where the bypass meets Thepkasatri road, the contractor, Italian Thai who also did the Central underpass, seems to be getting well on with the job.

Yes, same company doing tesco and Chalong.

They'd closed the right turn off Chaofa West earlier today (1:30pm), the one used as a short cut to Patak Road. This meant all north to south traffic was being funnelled to Chalong Circle. Traffic was backed up almost to the Big Buddha turning.

Not sure if this is permanent but returning from shopping and school used Chaofa East and there were no hold-ups at the Circle.

I have absolutely no confidence whatsoever in the contractors and planners for this underpass and am expecting the worst.

Pretty awful traffic elsewhere as two buses were stationary in the middle lane near Thanon Kwang. Think they'd hit each other.

One can only imagine the debacle on that shortcut in the coming months, years. A single motorbike parked outside the snooker room is enough to disrupt things. Some small improvements on the side roads at the Samkong underpass would help to smooth the flow (remember some of the locals had to fix the side road themselves which is absolutely disgraceful). At Chalong & elsewhere drainage works are done but the road never put back to its original condition so traffic is funneled through much narrower sections of road. Patchwork asphalt & concrete which idiots drive on before it sets are band aids at best.

Edited by Valentine

One can only imagine the debacle on that shortcut in the coming months, years. A single motorbike parked outside the snooker room is enough to disrupt things. Some small improvements on the side roads at the Samkong underpass would help to smooth the flow (remember some of the locals had to fix the side road themselves which is absolutely disgraceful). At Chalong & elsewhere drainage works are done but the road never put back to its original condition so traffic is funneled through much narrower sections of road. Patchwork asphalt & concrete which idiots drive on before it sets are band aids at best.

At least on the north side of the circle there is what could be called "a shortcut", but coming from the south will be a nightmare as there is absolutely NOTHING

At least on the north side of the circle there is what could be called "a shortcut", but coming from the south will be a nightmare as there is absolutely NOTHING

you can take the shortcut from rawai to patak then take the shortcut behind homepro, problem is that the shortcut behind homepro is blocked by policemen that are not letting cars go even with no incoming cars.