Israel: Palestinian girl killed after attempted stabbing

rooster59

Israel: Palestinian girl killed after attempted stabbing

JERUSALEM (AP) — Israeli police say a security guard shot and killed a 13-year-old Palestinian girl who tried to stab him at the entrance to a West Bank settlement.

Police spokeswoman Luba Samri says an initial investigation suggests the girl fought with her family before leaving her home with a knife ahead of Saturday's altercation.

The last four months have seen near-daily Palestinian stabbing attacks that have killed 25 Israelis and an American student. At least 147 Palestinians have been killed by Israeli fire, 102 of them identified by Israel as attackers. The rest have been killed in clashes with Israeli troops.

Israel says the violence is the result of a Palestinian campaign of incitement. The Palestinians say it is rooted in frustration over Israel's nearly 50-year occupation.

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2016-01-24

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She got what she deserved, but too bad a whole life was wasted. Blame the Palestinian terrorists for teaching children to hate from birth.

Let's keep the discussion civil.

I don't think a 13 year old deserves to die for a foolish, impulsive act after having a fight with her family.

One person is dead and a lot of people will suffer for a long time because of the grief, hurt, anger and hard feelings.

I don't know if I'd use the word "deserved" but if someone tried to stab me I'd shoot in self defense. I've said many times that I'd rather be shot than stabbed. A knife has a slashing momentum that a bullet lacks. A bullet is going to make a hole and have a good chance of not hitting anything vital.

Another thing about someone with a knife. He can travel 4 yards/meters faster than someone can react and draw and shoot.

It's a terrible shame that this happened and especially that the girl was so young. The OP does say that she tried to stab the guard. What's he supposed to do?

Pity the nation that teaches their children's to pick up a knife or a gun to vent their anger at their

miserable lives,

There are hundreds of millions of poor, starving and hopeless children all over the world,

do you ever hear that such child has picked up a gun or a knife in anger over a family feud

and went out to kill someone? .....

She got what she deserved, but too bad a whole life was wasted. Blame the Palestinian terrorists for teaching children to hate from birth.

I don't think a 13 year old deserves to die for a foolish, impulsive act after having a fight with her family.

One person is dead and a lot of people will suffer for a long time because of the grief, hurt, anger and hard feelings.

Sorry to say this ,but they are being taught from a young age to hate and kill Jews and Christians . , better to shoot her now before she gets older and kills others .

A great victory for Israel that demonstrated once again its ability to resist courageously enemy superior in number and power.

We bet that this action full of subtle nuance, will participate in the future to alleviate the tensions between these peoples for lasting and sincere friendship...

Edited by happy Joe

A great victory for Israel that demonstrated once again its ability to resist courageously enemy superior in number and power.
We bet that this action full of subtle nuance, will participate in the future to alleviate the tensions between these peoples for lasting and sincere friendship...

There is nothing on Earth Israel could do to alleviate the tension or hate Hamas and Palestein has for them , so sorry , if a mad dog keeps trying to bite you ,in the end all you can do is put it down , there is no other answer .

When the Palestinian Arabs started the conflict, they WERE vastly superior in number and power. However, once the Jews had enough of the unprovoked attacks on innocents, they responded with force and kept on winning till this day. It is their OWN responsibility that the Palestinians never learned their lesson and have refused to make peace.

Edited by Ulysses G.

The OP does say that she tried to stab the guard. What's he supposed to do?

Exactly what he did. The police are trained to shoot to kill.

He was a rent a cop...and not very well trained if he couldn't disarm a 13 year old girl with a "knife."

Perhaps you don't know just how deadly a knife is or how fast someone can advance with it. If you're stabbed there's a good chance it will cut an artery or vital organ and you are finished. Where I grew up 13 year old girls were almost full grown.

It's simply a terrible thing all the way around and I'm glad I didn't have to make that decision.

There is nothing on Earth Israel could do to alleviate the tension or hate Hamas and Palestein has for them , so sorry , if a mad dog keeps trying to bite you ,in the end all you can do is put it down , there is no other answer .

Let me open a parenthesis, Claudius.
Imagine a supra national authority (UN) decided to assign a state of the US (Maine, for example) elsewhere came to a community for historical reasons ancient and highly questionable.
How Americans react for your opinion, including residents of Maine afterwards considered as foreigners on their land ?
And Well I'll answer: Virtually all Americans would hate the new occupants and would undertake all actions to make them leave.
This is in my opinion the situation in the Middle East for 70 years.
In this case the Israelis had the duty to use the finest diplomacy to mitigate this major handicap and weave with its neighbors a Skein of interdependence for commun benefit. Unfortunately they did exactly the opposite assured of a complete military superiority equipment by US protection. It is also true that 1967 war triggered by Nasser did not help the situation
And hate grows every day as to have long since passed the point of no return.
In this context the death of this young girl adds again a little oil on the fire.

Unfortunately they did exactly the opposite assured of a complete military superiority equipment by US protection.

Please go study some history, before making a fool of yourself.

The USA helped Israel very little until they had won the 1967 war by themselves. Israel won numerous wars against the surrounding Arab countries on its own before that time. The Soviet Union was arming the Arabs and providing them with Intelligence, so America finally decided to take tiny Israel under their wing and make them an ally.

Edited by Ulysses G.

No doubt the Palestinians are now using children to attack Israeli's , knowing they are going to get killed and then using that as propaganda against the people they are continually attacking. Unfortunately she got what the people who sent her there hoped she would get, a 'martyrs death'

Edited by jacky54

He was a rent a cop...and not very well trained if he couldn't disarm a 13 year old girl with a "knife."

Tell you what tough guy, the next time some person comes running at you, you take the time to determine the person's age and gender and then initiate defensive moves so as to disarm the attacker. A delay in responding is the usually the difference between living another day and dying. You have no idea how big this person is or how she was dressed or the fact that the guard had actually approached her in an attempt to ask her what she wanted. It was the assailant who took the run at the guard. Unfortunate, and no one wants to see kids die this way, but her actions determined her fate. She can thank her community for glorifying death.

Unfortunately they did exactly the opposite assured of a complete military superiority equipment by US protection.

The USA helped Israel very little until they had won the 1967 war by themselves. Israel won numerous wars against the surrounding Arab countries on its own before that time. The Soviet Union was arming the Arabs and providing them with Intelligence, so America finally decided to take tiny Israel under their wing and make them an ally.

Why exchange with a person like you is going to deny the obvious. The interdependence of Israel / US is even more questionable today.
For those interested US aid is clearly quantified in this article unfortunately in French but Google translate is now fully effective.

http://www.jerusalemplus.com/234-milliards-laide-astronomique-des-usa-a-israel-depuis-1948

I find it easier to empathize with the stabbed rather than the stabber though, some of these are also children not adults, sometimes potentially both as recently happened when a pregnant Israeli woman was stabbed.

Quite correct. The current intifada will end like the ones before it when the immediate supply of death cult cannon fodder for their brave leaders is temporarily exhausted. The phrase social Darwinism springs to mind.

I find it easier to empathize with the stabbed rather than the stabber though, some of these are also children not adults, sometimes potentially both as recently happened when a pregnant Israeli woman was stabbed.

I sympathize with both. Two people caught in an untenable situation that far exceeds the control of either.

I do not give a sh!t what side of the fence anyone sits on.

A 13 year old child has died <deleted>. Tragic.

the fault does not lie with the stabber nor does it lie with the shooter.

The fault lies squarely in the hands of the indoctrinators.

Why exchange with a person like you is going to deny the obvious.

I am posting historical FACTS. You couldn't even find an article in English to support your fallacious theory.

Israel has received more direct aid from the United States since World War II than any other country, but the amounts for the first half of this period were relatively small. Between 1949 and 1973, the U.S. provided Israel with an average of about $122 million a year, a total of $3.1 billion (and actually more than $1 billion of that was loans for military equipment in 1971-73) . Prior to 1971, Israel received a total of only $277 million in military aid, all in the form of loans as credit sales. The bulk of the economic aid was also lent to Israel. By comparison, the Arab states received nearly three times as much aid before 1971, $4.4 billion, or $170 million per year. Moreover, unlike Israel, which receives nearly all its aid from the United States, Arab nations have gotten assistance from Asia, Eastern Europe, the Soviet Union and the European Community. Congress first designated a specific amount of aid for Israel (an "earmark") in 1971. http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/US-Israel/foreign_aid.htmlhttp://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/US-Israel/foreign_aid.html

Edited by Ulysses G.

Tell you what tough guy, the next time some person comes running at you, you take the time to determine the person's age and gender and then initiate defensive moves so as to disarm the attacker. A delay in responding is the usually the difference between living another day and dying. You have no idea how big this person is or how she was dressed or the fact that the guard had actually approached her in an attempt to ask her what she wanted. It was the assailant who took the run at the guard. Unfortunate, and no one wants to see kids die this way, but her actions determined her fate. She can thank her community for glorifying death.

Agreed, I have 18 years of Hapkido training. The one thing I can tell you with absolute certainty is that if an attacker has a knife and is intent on stabbing you, you are going to get stabbed. They have the advantage of surprise and anyone that survives a knife attack is very lucky indeed.

What did she have - pen knife, stiletto, dagger, kitchen knife, machete - doesn't really make much difference, all can kill and seriously injure.

Every knowledgeable martial artist I know advises to flee from a knife attack - not try and disarm them because jee wiz, it ain't like on the movies. He couldn't leg it because it was his job to stop her. And he did.

I suppose you would very politely ask her to put down the knife as she attempts to gut you?

Would you buggery, if you had a gun in your hands you'd blow her head off.

These are muslim fanatics no matter the age or sex.

Why should he endanger his own life to disarm someone trying to kill him? At 13 you know what you're doing and I'm sure if she'd killed him she'd have gone on to kill again.

Agreed, I have 18 years of Hapkido training. The one thing I can tell you with absolute certainty is that if an attacker has a knife and is intent on stabbing you, you are going to get stabbed. They have the advantage of surprise and anyone that survives a knife attack is very lucky indeed.

Should have trained in Aikido...would have learned how to disarm a 13 year old child without shooting and killing them.

Should have trained in Aikido...would have learned how to disarm a 13 year old child without shooting and killing them.

You are joking, right?

Aikido - yeah, Seagal does it all the time, and he's a real Sherrif's reserve deputy rolleyes.gif