Thai Smile offers seats for child god dolls on plane

webfact

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like Thai immigration may have a say on this.

Immigration police keeping an eye on 'Child Angel' dolls
The Nation January 25, 2016 6:00 pm
Immigration police officers will be strict about people carrying “Child Angel” dolls due to fears they could be used to smuggle contraband such as drugs, the national police chief said Monday.
Police General Jakthip Chaichinda said that criminals could hide illicit substances in such dolls when travelling.

"Criminals will have a new way to smuggle drugs," the police chief said.

"I have instructed all the immigration checkpoints to be strict - whether they are at airports or the borders. They must also strictly screen 'Look Thep' dolls passing their checkpoints," he added.

This truly is the epitomy of how stupid these people really are. I keep saying, they are 8 years old in adult bodies. Any semi intelligent one, has the IQ of a normal western 11 year old.

I did wonder about these mental cases walking about with these dolls. I've seen young gay guys walking about nursing them. It is frickin freaky for F etc...

Think about it ? I come from the UK. I have 2 grown up daughters, If when they were 8 years old they said to me, "Dad, when we go on holiday my 18" tall doll has to have a seat on the plane and we have to order food for it." They would have known the answer long before I gave it to them ...with both barrels.

I can type no more. only one word sums this up. Morons.

The other day I was making a list on the pros and cons of staying here in Thailand. I have lived her for two years now and I always thought I would get used to it, so to speak. I always thought I would be able to overlook all the silliness and get along just fine in spite of all the superstition, lies, fakery, corruption, racism, begging, and thievery. That never happened. And it's things like these that help me to make the decision not to stay here much easier. The irrationality and stupidity of the people in this country is sometimes very difficult to believe. It's horrifying. I don't want it to be true. How can this be true?

I thought things would improve, for myself, and for Thailand as I went along. But there is no improvement whatsoever. In fact it has only gotten worse. The more I learn, the more appalled I become with every day that passes. The decline is imminent. It's time to go.

The country I would return to has an over-abundance of people who think they are being spied on by a supernatural entity. Some crawl on their knees and ask a life-sized dead guy nailed to some lumber, for help with their problems.

Dolls ain't so bad, I guess. Sigh. coffee1.gif

How are the people who put their faith in these dolls different than any other primitive culture which worships before idols and various depictions of their gods?

One is simply a belief system which seems to be a general

condition of mankind. Whereas this is a physical manifestation.

If you were in America and dragged around a doll of Jesus and

ordered airline meals for it, there would be men in white coats

waiting for you.....

This is truly a bizarre country....

let's not forget about marrying twin siblings at a young age to ward off evil spirits....

and then you also have the little ghosts from the temples Thais keep in their homes....Kuman Thong

everyday they will give the kuman thong something to drink and some food and provide it with toys and clothes....

ohmy.png As a westerner, it is so strange to me.... but it is interesting culturally and somewhat harmless.... but still, what's with all the superstitious crap here? And never bring up ghosts with Thais either.... that's another major source of weird here.

Edited by DanceAllNight

let's not forget about marrying twin siblings at a young age to ward off evil spirits....

and then you also have the little ghosts from the temples Thais keep in their homes....Kuman Thong

everyday they will give the kuman thong something to drink and some food and provide it with toys and clothes....

ohmy.png As a westerner, it is so strange to me.... but it is interesting culturally and somewhat harmless.... but still, what's with all the superstitious crap here? And never bring up ghosts with Thais either.... that's another major source of weird here.

Anyone asks me about ghosts, after I stop laughing, I tell them they, {along with god, tooth fairies, the man in the moon, angels, demons, etc...}, are complete and utter BS.

How are the people who put their faith in these dolls different than any other primitive culture which worships before idols and various depictions of their gods?

They are not.

Reminds me of my Uncles Plastic Jesus in his car.

I've known for years that Thai Buddhism is a mixture of Hinduism, Fetishism, Animism and Buddhism

Well guess Thai airways will do anything to make a buck. If they tried that in the States guys in white cats would be hauling there butts off to the funny farm.

Those crazy Yanks do far more ridiculous things in the guise of religion.

"He said in the past there were about 20 passengers who took Look Thep dolls as carry-on to sit with them on the laps and some also asked to serve drinks and food for their dolls."

Day by day, against all expectations, in the face of insurmountable odds, the world gets stupider and stupider.

Except for the airline that exploits the stupidity by selling seats to those doll owners.

smile.png

Yesterday my wife heard about this and her reaction was to tell me that sometimes she gets a bit p-ssed off when I complain or comment on some things in Thailand, but, this time she said she was embarrassed herself when she heard it.

Can't remember her exact words but they were on the lines of feeling sad for these people rather than laughing at them and the embarrassment bit was based on thinking that ex-pats would or might make comments on it to her at work.

"He said in the past there were about 20 passengers who took Look Thep dolls as carry-on to sit with them on the laps and some also asked to serve drinks and food for their dolls."

Day by day, against all expectations, in the face of insurmountable odds, the world gets stupider and stupider.

I read recently that an American woman takes her turkey with her on the plane for 'comfort', don't know whether it was served drinks though. Someone else took a pig with them but it was quickly removed before take off when it defecated in the aisle.

Absolutely not harmless. To the contrary, it, belief, is incredibly dangerous. If people actively, openly believe stupid nonsense like this - then anything goes. When absurdities like these are openly accepted and practiced, there is no telling what else people are willing to believe and to do. Such people are perfectly conditioned for a dictator to come along and do whatever he likes with this new herd of sheep.

My advice: If you want to be treated as an adult it is necessary to grow up!

Now imagine the outcry if a Mr. Takagi from Japan boards a plane with his doll:

Trottla sex dolls for pedophiles

"The dolls are an outlet for those who, as I feel attracted to children," says Shin Takagi, head of the firm Trottla. According to information from the Swiss newspaper "20 Minuten", Takagi is even a pedophile. "My company helps these people to live out their fetish on legal and ethical manner. Life is not worth living if you have to suppress his needs constant," he says.