Thai Smile offers seats for child god dolls on plane

webfact

The other day I was making a list on the pros and cons of staying here in Thailand. I have lived her for two years now and I always thought I would get used to it, so to speak. I always thought I would be able to overlook all the silliness and get along just fine in spite of all the superstition, lies, fakery, corruption, racism, begging, and thievery. That never happened. And it's things like these that help me to make the decision not to stay here much easier. The irrationality and stupidity of the people in this country is sometimes very difficult to believe. It's horrifying. I don't want it to be true. How can this be true?

I thought things would improve, for myself, and for Thailand as I went along. But there is no improvement whatsoever. In fact it has only gotten worse. The more I learn, the more appalled I become with every day that passes. The decline is imminent. It's time to go.

When you start to get used to it is the time to go back to your home country fit a visit. Then you can come back refreshed. That's what I do.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My advice: If you want to be treated as an adult it is necessary to grow up!

Now imagine the outcry if a Mr. Takagi from Japan boards a plane with his doll:

Trottla sex dolls for pedophiles

"The dolls are an outlet for those who, as I feel attracted to children," says Shin Takagi, head of the firm Trottla. According to information from the Swiss newspaper "20 Minuten", Takagi is even a pedophile. "My company helps these people to live out their fetish on legal and ethical manner. Life is not worth living if you have to suppress his needs constant," he says.

In the US, pedophilia was to be accepted simply as another sexual orientation by the AMA. But there was too much outcry over it and so they backed away from it... for now. It will be back and will be accepted sooner or later.

This narcissistic world creeps ever closer to the "anything goes" modus operandi I mentioned earlier.

Let them have their dolls. Literally no harm in that. But moms and dads better keep an ever closer watch on their children these days. That's for sure.

How are the people who put their faith in these dolls different than any other primitive culture which worships before idols and various depictions of their gods?

They are not.

Reminds me of my Uncles Plastic Jesus in his car.

I've known for years that Thai Buddhism is a mixture of Hinduism, Fetishism, Animism and Buddhism

Amazing. Someone else in Thailand has heard of the King Earl Boogie Band! Great track that and quite relevant in a way to the way Thais rely on their idols and amulets to protect them.

I was going to ask if this is an early April Fool's article until I realised it's a major part of Thai Airways' master-plan of increasing income.

I wonder if hi-sos on freebies get a free ticket for their dollies? I know it's only Thai Smile at the moment but it's just a pilot at this stage.

A PILOT!!! They're not letting them be pilots are they?

How are the people who put their faith in these dolls different than any other primitive culture which worships before idols and various depictions of their gods?

Not much really.

Now if they can get a group of men to claim they know what these dolls really want, how you should dress them and dress yourself and what strange rituals you should perform. And if you look after these men so they don't have to do too much for themselves and respect them as they decided then it will be a real religion.

Oh and someone pointed out to me that the leaders wearing silly hats helps as well in a lot of religions.

The other day I was making a list on the pros and cons of staying here in Thailand. I have lived her for two years now and I always thought I would get used to it, so to speak. I always thought I would be able to overlook all the silliness and get along just fine in spite of all the superstition, lies, fakery, corruption, racism, begging, and thievery. That never happened. And it's things like these that help me to make the decision not to stay here much easier. The irrationality and stupidity of the people in this country is sometimes very difficult to believe. It's horrifying. I don't want it to be true. How can this be true?

I thought things would improve, for myself, and for Thailand as I went along. But there is no improvement whatsoever. In fact it has only gotten worse. The more I learn, the more appalled I become with every day that passes. The decline is imminent. It's time to go.

It just doesn't get truer! I'm 100% the same though I've been here longer.

Last night I found myself smiling and thanking a motorcyclist as he approached. Seconds later I realized I was thanking him, genuinely, for indicating.....

This is truly a bizarre country....

let's not forget about marrying twin siblings at a young age to ward off evil spirits....

and then you also have the little ghosts from the temples Thais keep in their homes....Kuman Thong

everyday they will give the kuman thong something to drink and some food and provide it with toys and clothes....

ohmy.png As a westerner, it is so strange to me.... but it is interesting culturally and somewhat harmless.... but still, what's with all the superstitious crap here? And never bring up ghosts with Thais either.... that's another major source of weird here.

Absolutely not harmless. To the contrary, it, belief, is incredibly dangerous. If people actively, openly believe stupid nonsense like this - then anything goes. When absurdities like these are openly accepted and practiced, there is no telling what else people are willing to believe and to do. Such people are perfectly conditioned for a dictator to come along and do whatever he likes with this new herd of sheep.

Trump! Sorry can't help it.

So if one wants to catch a flight and it is said to be full that means plastic dolls have taken the seats - am i missing something here- a real human being cannot get onto a flight because of a toy has taken the seat. Thai Smile have lost the plot all it will do will bring in the revenue and boost their Skytrax rankings but completely not be an airline to operate for the benefit of passengers.

Totally ridiculous thankfully only one airline and not Air Asia/ Nok Air/ Thai Lion Air. So in the event of an emergency panic sets in while nutters are trying to take their dolls with them -considered luggage with those that have any common sense - apparently not with Thai Smile- complete and utter nonsense.

Edited by gerrythepoet

"He said in the past there were about 20 passengers who took Look Thep dolls as carry-on to sit with them on the laps and some also asked to serve drinks and food for their dolls."

Day by day, against all expectations, in the face of insurmountable odds, the world gets stupider and stupider.

Thailand is getting stupider, not the world. Don't insult the rest of the planet.

It just doesn't get truer! I'm 100% the same though I've been here longer.

Last night I found myself smiling and thanking a motorcyclist as he approached. Seconds later I realized I was thanking him, genuinely, for indicating.....

Maybe he wasn't. He might have just left it on. Right hand signals are often like that.

Seems the PM and Justice minister have concerns. Do they do attitude adjustments for dolls? biggrin.png

PM asks people not to buy Look Thep dolls if they cannot afford them

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-ocha urged Thai people not to be carried away with the current trend of caring for the Child Angel or Look Thep dolls and should spend their money wisely.

The dolls are all about superstition, he said, adding that they are not something which is indispensable and they should not be bought if they cannot afford them.

Asked whether some of the rubber to be bought from rubber growers by the government will be used to make Child Angel dolls, the prime minister said it was much better to use the rubber for road construction.

Justice Minister Paiboon Kumchaya, meanwhile, expressed concern that the dolls might be used to smuggle drugs

Thaipbs

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS January 25, 2016

"He said in the past there were about 20 passengers who took Look Thep dolls as carry-on to sit with them on the laps and some also asked to serve drinks and food for their dolls."

Day by day, against all expectations, in the face of insurmountable odds, the world gets stupider and stupider.

Post of the week bar none.

This is truly a bizarre country....

let's not forget about marrying twin siblings at a young age to ward off evil spirits....

and then you also have the little ghosts from the temples Thais keep in their homes....Kuman Thong

everyday they will give the kuman thong something to drink and some food and provide it with toys and clothes....

ohmy.png As a westerner, it is so strange to me.... but it is interesting culturally and somewhat harmless.... but still, what's with all the superstitious crap here? And never bring up ghosts with Thais either.... that's another major source of weird here.

Absolutely not harmless. To the contrary, it, belief, is incredibly dangerous. If people actively, openly believe stupid nonsense like this - then anything goes. When absurdities like these are openly accepted and practiced, there is no telling what else people are willing to believe and to do. Such people are perfectly conditioned for a dictator to come along and do whatever he likes with this new herd of sheep.

You are exactly correct. Which is why logic and clear analytical thinking

are not taught in Thailand. Superstitious and illogical people are so

much easier to control. So the rise of lunacy like these dolls shows

briefly some of the more serious problems in Thai society.....