57 year Old Briton Falls to His Death from Bangkok Apartment

rooster59

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

57 Possibly overweight? The weight thing comes from seeing a large amount of Brits with bad eating habits My guess heartattack and over the rail while spying on some honey changing clothes.

U need to buy some glasses an look at the American population of overweight people, living off fast food outlets.

It absolutely amazes me how people can instantly summise as to what occurred! We know nothing other than he went over the edge, yet immediately the BIB slurs come out! Unbelievable stuff!!! The first three comments clearly show this.

What a negative bunch you guys are and yes, I can take all the replies! lol

Have a nice day.

First off, no need to slur the BIB , which due to their

ongoing mafia activities , are perfectly capable of

shooting themselves in the feet and hands at the

same time ...... Gotta love an organization for which

their chief was caught killing people during

the blue diamond escapade...

But back to topic, the suicide rate for tourists here

jumping off of buildings is nothing short of astonishing.

So something is going on here. I personally think it

is the perfect crime, with the police being sort of

unwitting partners, as their goal is to immediately

the death of any foreigner as a suicide. No murders

here in the land of smiles. :-)

Sadly accidents do happen, and as Thailand is officially pressing ahead to become the Hub of all Accidents it is only natural that the more educated members of TV suspect something fishy.

wai2.gif

'More educated members of TV'

Sorry, but I do not see what part your education plays when you reach whatever assumption you do as to what happened.

We both know and understand that the safety regulation between Western architecture and construction is years ahead in the terms of safety as compared to Thailand. High railings, double railings with with monitored buffer-zones at the building edges (meaning you have to climb to jump), windows that don't fully open to allow a full-grown body the ability to squeeze through the hole, enclosed balconies. It' not impossible to jump from a western constructed building, but you've got to work at it. Here in the LOS, one slip on slick cement, a bump into a top railing that is below your center-of-gravity, and welcome to the Thailand Flying Club. How many are suicides and how many are accidents,

and how many are murders - it ain't that hard to push a bloke over a low railing on a high-rise building.

Still don't get your point of 'more educated members of TV'.

That means educated BY TV. On the job training from the TVF: CSI, the sharpest group of Sherlocks in the world. It's equivalent to a degree in Criminology. They don't miss a trick: forged suicide note? Pffft! No need to be on the scene: from a poorly-written news blurb they quickly deduce and reach the only possible conclusion. And you know what it must be. smile.png Ah, stupid BIB. How dare they speculate.

So just keep readin', esp. the balcony dive threads. You'll be educated too! biggrin.png

It absolutely amazes me how people can instantly summise as to what occurred! We know nothing other than he went over the edge, yet immediately the BIB slurs come out! Unbelievable stuff!!! The first three comments clearly show this.

Have a nice day.

You don't find it odd that more people "fall" from their balcony here in Thailand than anywhere else in the world?

I haven't read one incident so far from the Scandinavian countries in 5 years, not so say it doesn't happen, but I do find it odd that of hundred of cases, it's 1 Thai and 99 farrangs. (rough estimate).

Farangs tend to be more brazen, especially when drunk. Thais have no access to highrise, thus, power poles and such...

57 Possibly overweight? The weight thing comes from seeing a large amount of Brits with bad eating habits My guess heartattack and over the rail while spying on some honey changing clothes.

U need to buy some glasses an look at the American population of overweight people, living off fast food outlets.

I believe the word 'obese' is more appropriate.

He could easily have toppled over the balcony rails, which are built with Thais in mind and are notoriously low.. I'm sure some of you have had some frights on nearly going over, I know I have.

Maybe very old buildings but newer apt and condos have pretty standard height even for farang. And you're making very general assumptions that all farangs are tall and most Thais are short. With nutrition improving everywhere you'll find average heights in Asia are no longer what they were before.

According to World Health Org., Thailand's suicide rate is tied at 56th place worldwide with Cuba, behind such "advanced" societies as S. Korea (#2), Russia (#14), Poland (24), Finland (33), Belgium (34) France (47) and USA (50)

Those figures are meaningless to us.

Taking an EDUCATED guess, the numbers of deaths of foreigners in Thailand per proportion of the foreign populations living or staying temporary in the country must be exceedingly high.

Use to surprise me when I read about one [and quite oftem two] of these death at least once a week.

Now I am surprised when i don't see a TV headline after 1 week saying - "Foreigner falls to his death from Apartment Building"

I think sooner or later, farangs will be prohibited from living in condos with a balacony.

Edited by Straight8

Perhaps the maxim to the stories of these ongoing falls from high balconies is that in the interests of longevity all single farangs should live on the ground floor. If you are married then good fortune should allow you to take your chances on the second floor. Going any higher is taking a risk. TIC.

I'm surprised there are not many more Farang suicides, many Farangs come to Thailand thinking if they have a few Million Baht they can live a life of luxury forever, over the years I have seen many like this some are able to go home and get their lives back, some end up in a Thai jail for trying to get quick money the Drug Mule way, and yes, some kill themselves, just like thousands of people in Europe kill themselves every year.

I live in a Condo on the 13th floor, we did have a suicide here a couple of months ago, German guy with financial problems, but he took the burning charcoal route after he had sealed up his bathroom.

I'm surprised there are not many more Farang suicides, many Farangs come to Thailand thinking if they have a few Million Baht they can live a life of luxury forever, over the years I have seen many like this some are able to go home and get their lives back, some end up in a Thai jail for trying to get quick money the Drug Mule way, and yes, some kill themselves, just like thousands of people in Europe kill themselves every year.

I live in a Condo on the 13th floor, we did have a suicide here a couple of months ago, German guy with financial problems, but he took the burning charcoal route after he had sealed up his bathroom.

I'm just wondering how many of these posters who make jokes about Thailand's suicide rate have at least thought of committing suicide before?

Shit happens and it happens all the time. I have to admit that I had suicidal thoughts before. Life can be extremely complicated.....blink.png

He must be a british pervert then .... Never saw a murican pervert who was overweight or had bad eating habits.... :)

Edited by Ks45672

It would be interesting to see stats on high rise deaths in popular tourist towns like Costa del sol Miami, Caribbean , Surfers Paradise and Denpassar.

My guess is Thailand will top the charts just as it does with most countries own stats on deaths overseas.

LOS is definitely a chart topper.

Yes that's your guess jaiansantiwong....because your to lazy to just Google it...& anyway if you did you would miss the chance to slag off Thailand.....one again.

Miami had nearly 3,000 suicides last year---that's nearly 9 a day--as it only has a population of 2.6 million (that's if you count the whole of Dade county in with it) & BKK has about 10 million.....there must be over 90 a day in BKK just to equal Miami....That's your guess jaiansantiwong isn't it...?

Get your facts first,--- then you can distort them as you please.-----Mark Twain

Suicide is a real problem in the west---not so much in Thailand----no matter what your Guess is

Miami

3rd leading cause of death for 15-24

2nd leading cause of death for 25-34

4th leading cause of death for 35-44

5th leading cause of death for 45-54

Not at all, thanks to StarTrek, they have made splitting the infinitive acceptable.

"Rummaging" is at least a common American word for going through odds and ends looking for something. You might have a rummage sale which would be selling odds and ends from around the place. You might rummage through your closet looking for something. I don't know where the word came from other than apparently an American?

RIP. There are too many.

Off topic, I know, but I'm English and comments such as the one quoted make me wonder, why do Americans think that they invented the English language?

The English language is a bastardisation of many old European and Scandinavian languages. The word Rummage is an extremely common word used in the UK. It originates from the late15th century: from Old French arrumage, from arrumer 'stow (in a hold)', from Middle Dutch ruim 'room'. In early use the word referred to the arranging of items such as casks in the hold of a ship, giving rise (early 17th century) to the verb sense 'make a search of (a vessel').

All America has done for the English Language is spell everything with a "zed" to make it easier for their simple minds.

But never let the facts get in the way of bigotry and ignorance

It would be interesting to see stats on high rise deaths in popular tourist towns like Costa del sol Miami, Caribbean , Surfers Paradise and Denpassar.

My guess is Thailand will top the charts just as it does with most countries own stats on deaths overseas.

Yes that's your guess jaiansantiwong....because your to lazy to just Google it...& anyway if you did you would miss the chance to slag off Thailand.....one again.

Miami had nearly 3,000 suicides last year---that's nearly 9 a day--as it only has a population of 2.6 million (that's if you count the whole of Dade county in with it) & BKK has about 10 million.....there must be over 90 a day in BKK just to equal Miami....That's your guess jaiansantiwong isn't it...?

Get your facts first,--- then you can distort them as you please.-----Mark Twain

Suicide is a real problem in the west---not so much in Thailand----no matter what your Guess is

Miami

But never let the facts get in the way of bigotry and ignorance

Miami

And never let mathematics get in the way of his rant about statistics... :)

Bcoz Everyone knows 2.6million is one tenth of 10 million...

Another farang teacher in the house lol

They forgot to mention the cigarette butts or lack of any. They did however correctly point to "signs of a struggle". In this case, apparently, lack of any. I see they have found a new word "rummaging". Although this could be the newspaper's thesaurus working overtime.

Rummaging, to rummage, is a word well known and used in Canada. Just means to

search around or look for something in a disorganized way. I think it comes from the

French. thumbsup.gif

Sadly accidents do happen, and as Thailand is officially pressing ahead to become the Hub of all Accidents it is only natural that the more educated members of TV suspect something fishy.

wai2.gif

'More educated members of TV'

Sorry, but I do not see what part your education plays when you reach whatever assumption you do as to what happened.

We both know and understand that the safety regulation between Western architecture and construction is years ahead in the terms of safety as compared to Thailand. High railings, double railings with with monitored buffer-zones at the building edges (meaning you have to climb to jump), windows that don't fully open to allow a full-grown body the ability to squeeze through the hole, enclosed balconies. It' not impossible to jump from a western constructed building, but you've got to work at it. Here in the LOS, one slip on slick cement, a bump into a top railing that is below your center-of-gravity, and welcome to the Thailand Flying Club. How many are suicides and how many are accidents,

and how many are murders - it ain't that hard to push a bloke over a low railing on a high-rise building.

Still don't get your point of 'more educated members of TV'.

That means educated BY TV. On the job training from the TVF: CSI, the sharpest group of Sherlocks in the world. It's equivalent to a degree in Criminology. They don't miss a trick: forged suicide note? Pffft! No need to be on the scene: from a poorly-written news blurb they quickly deduce and reach the only possible conclusion. And you know what it must be. smile.png Ah, stupid BIB. How dare they speculate.

So just keep readin', esp. the balcony dive threads. You'll be educated too! biggrin.png

Educated by TV !

Not sure so many are actually educated by reading TV.

Have a nice day.

You don't find it odd that more people "fall" from their balcony here in Thailand than anywhere else in the world?

I haven't read one incident so far from the Scandinavian countries in 5 years, not so say it doesn't happen, but I do find it odd that of hundred of cases, it's 1 Thai and 99 farrangs. (rough estimate).

I think a vast majority are "jumpers" sad to say.

another farang suicide..., good Police work boys, let's go get some breakfast....

"Police stated they were still probing if this was an accidental fall from the balcony or a suicide, they are looking for more witnesses and evidence. The matter is under investigation."

Don't know if you read the above but it's probably relevant.

crikey ! I hope he wasn't trying to change the balcony lightbulb.

I make it a point to have only wall mounted lights in narrow balconies...

Very good point, I had a condo with ceiling light on the balcony, at a hight over 2.5m & the balcony was very small (triangular, apx 1m2 ,balcony 0.9m high) noway would I change the bulb ...or ask anyone else too, thankfully it never failed.