Anti-semitic French comedian Dieudonné forced to leave Thailand

webfact

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting case. Thailand does give a s%$* about antisemitism. There must been pressure from very very very high to kick him out. Think about all the Hakenkreuz shirts and tatooes around the country. I have meet a Thai guy around 21 year of age who had many Hitler based tattoos on his body and was very proud of it. I spared my time to explained him that his would probably get in trouble if he trouble with this in Europe.

Why do people always identify the swastika as exclusively a Nazi symbol, and thus calling it an antisemitic symbol?

Hmm, let me think on that one..

Oh, I know,

Because it is.

Don't show so quickly your ignorance. Use google and search for Swastika, and you might learn that the symbol is way older than the Nazi.

Interesting case. Thailand does give a s%$* about antisemitism. There must been pressure from very very very high to kick him out. Think about all the Hakenkreuz shirts and tatooes around the country. I have meet a Thai guy around 21 year of age who had many Hitler based tattoos on his body and was very proud of it. I spared my time to explained him that his would probably get in trouble if he trouble with this in Europe.

Why do people always identify the swastika as exclusively a Nazi symbol, and thus calling it an antisemitic symbol?

Because, to most people that is exactly what it is. Most are unaware of the thousands of years of history behind this symbol.

Hitler did with the swastika what McDonalds did with the letter M post-9891-0-30544500-1454299007_thumb.pn

openly condemns the Palestinian genocide... !

Now that IS funny, cheesy.gif there has never been any such thing

what about what's happening at the moment?... call it whatever you like but the israelo-palestinian conflict resembles genocide to me.

Yeah, my thoughts exactly, Thailand does not have clue and could not care less normally.

I remember that a few years ago a huge Hitler sign along Sukhumvit rd in Pattaya as pr for local Madame Tussaud show, that sign had to be removed.

And I remember a Catholic school in Chiangmai did a 'historic' school day all pupils dressed like ss, parading in the streets, St Mary's was it I believe.

Edited by luckyman

I've never heard of this Dieudonne guy before but I've heard of the 'streisand effect'.

He's already very famous.

He popularized the "Quenelle" in France.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quenelle_(gesture)

I actually googled him and it looks like he was booted out of Hong Kong just a few days ago as well.

He wasn't booted out , he was never allowed in.

Kudos to the Isreali ambassador for being so vigilant, I wonder however how he knew about that upcoming show?

The show was cancelled due to final request of French ambassador.

The comic is a French and Cameroonese citizen. Israel has no legitimate request to do to Thailand. The previous shows (criminal or not?) happened mainly on French soil and souvereignty.

A judicial blunder from the Israeli ambassador to ask to the theatre owners, because it's out of his jurisdiction.

Asking also to the Thai Governor and cc to the PM was also out of his international judicial powers.

He was backed up by the CRIF, the French AIPAC, which 'arranged' an official French request from the French ambassador in Thailand, through minister of foreign affairs...Laurent Fabius, a French Jew...to the Thai authorities...

His show was mainly based on jokes like that...

Edited by Thorgal

i saw the article of his venue to phuket...some french were interested but the price for the show seem a bit expensive.... and i dont think much would have pay for his show anyway this dude ain't funny at all....Period.

i remembered i met some jewish at phuket couple years ago.. LMAO ...They were newbie...they didnt have any visa and they were in thailand for the past three years....i was like..... LOL ..they will cry soon ...... funny people lol

I'm still not clear why anti semitism can get you banned or deported from so many countries, while anti Muslim sentiment gains approval world wide.

I don't subscribe to belifs on either side of the equation, but something seems out of balance.

Good.clap2.gif Happy to hear Thailand kicked out that horrible Jew hater.

Not so long ago a Thailand was selling Hitler T- Shirts and putting on a Hitler pagent.

Thailand could not give a rats a-rse who he is.

Bit hypercritical coming from one of the most xenophobic countries in the world.

I wonder if the same would have happened if it was an Israeli telling jokes about Palestinians ?

Good.clap2.gif Happy to hear Thailand kicked out that horrible Jew hater.

Not so long ago a Thailand was selling Hitler T- Shirts and putting on a Hitler pagent.

Thailand could not give a rats a-rse who he is.

Bit hypercritical coming from one of the most xenophobic countries in the world.

I wonder if the same would have happened if it was an Israeli telling jokes about Palestinians ?

There are many Israeli jokes about Palestinians:

post-112137-0-06030600-1454306541_thumb.

Edited by reggaebkk

I am neither anti-Semite nor in particular favour of the jews; let them go their way as long as they let me go my way.

Yet I wonder what kind of audience this gentleman would have attracted, if any, in Phuket? I am not aware that there is a big French-speaking Thai community nor any particular anti-semite community for that fact. And most likely the "show" would have been in French rather than English. Another query is the name of the venue.

The only thing which was definitely achieved is, that this - to me completely unknown "artist" - got the full lime light straight on him; had he had his show the venue would have been almost empty, not repeated and a frustrating event for everybody!

Yes, I'm a little surprised that this was taken seriously at a high level and acted on in a short space of time.

Something's changed, I'm sure we all remember the 'Hitler Fried Chicken' incident from a few years back.

I don't recall that the Israeli embassy got involved in that one, but I know you're totally wrong, nothing's changed. Israel and Thailand have decent relations, simple as that.

So nothing's changed in Thailand about that.

But a place that has changed is in FRANCE.

The antisemitism there is as bad as its been since World War 2 and a significant percentage of French Jews don't feel safe living there anymore.

There are almost no Thai Jews, but France includes the third most populous Jewish population in the world, after the USA and Israel.

Interestingly a country doesn't need to have any or many Jews for there to be rampant anti-semitism (neighboring Malaysia is a classic example of that) but antisemitism in Thailand (among Thais) is not at all severe.

Yes, well Malaysian former PM Mahathir made it his lifelong career to tell his people whom to hate. Since this began long before the internet, and Malaysians are an intellectually passive lot (to put it kindly) they now have one of the unfriendliest, most corrupt countries in Asia. Don't let those gracious hotel staff and shopkeepers fool you. Vietnam and Thailand are so much nicer in terms of their people, you can compare them to fresh apples and oranges while Malaysia is a rotten durian.

The last thing zionists want is for the truth and all of their lies to be exposed. Always playing the victim but responsible for most of the hate and murder that's gone on in the world for the last 150 years. Who controls the world banking system, mass media, US foreign policy and who were the bolsheviks that were responsible for the genocide of countless millions of Russian and Ukranian christians? Wake up and stop listening to their drivel and please no accusations or lectures about me being an anti semite. Plenty of jews are anti zionist.

Don't believe me? Click on the video link for a good short film.

^^ these type of jewis are against zionism and the state of israel because of radical religious reasons, ie. god did not choose the state of israel, people did. therefor according to them zionism and the state of israel are evil.

this been said: imo denying the holocaust should be allowed, same as insulting jesus or mohammed. sure, it's stupid and provocative to deny the holocaust but if that is the guy's opinion. opinions don't kill people......

a great advocate for peace?...

How some people can say that, he publicly denies the holocaust and it's ok for you to have some people like that doing shows around the world saying this?....

Please share with us any links/articles, where "he publicly denied the holocaust" ... you won't find any.

If he had, it's a serious offense in France:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gayssot_Act

If he is not funny and nobody wants to see him then it should not matter as nobody would turn up for his show, right?

I know nothing about this guy, but censorship is always wrong.

Thailand, the hub of censorship.

So you openly support people who promote terrorism and hatred. What a nice person you are.

a great advocate for peace?...

How some people can say that, he publicly denies the holocaust and it's ok for you to have some people like that doing shows around the world saying this?....

Please share with us any links/articles, where "he publicly denied the holocaust" ... you won't find any.

If he had, it's a serious offense in France:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gayssot_Act

I have no opinion on the subject, but one thing life taught me is this:

when it is forbidden to say something, it is because it is usually the truth for when it is a lie it can proven wrong and used against the emitter.

So it's not the holocaust denial that worries me but the fact that debating it was made illegal.

This said, I was not yet born and I don't care about it more than the native American, Tutsi, Armenian and any other horrible holocaust that may or may not have happened as long as we don't make new ones in the future (nor in the present).

I am neither anti-Semite nor in particular favour of the jews; let them go their way as long as they let me go my way.

Yet I wonder what kind of audience this gentleman would have attracted, if any, in Phuket? I am not aware that there is a big French-speaking Thai community nor any particular anti-semite community for that fact. And most likely the "show" would have been in French rather than English. Another query is the name of the venue.

The only thing which was definitely achieved is, that this - to me completely unknown "artist" - got the full lime light straight on him; had he had his show the venue would have been almost empty, not repeated and a frustrating event for everybody!

i agree 100% ....they made from a sand bucket a big mountain....this guy is...well was... popular only in france/ quebec and only in french so....but the israelit are every where and dont forgive nor forget....!

he should have done is show first and later make publicity of it ..!