Thunderstorms expected in 37 Thai provinces, warnings issued

webfact

Thunderstorms Expected in 37 Provinces, Warnings Issued
by CityNews

CityNews – The Department of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation has released a warning to 37 provinces in the north and northeast regions to prepare for more cold weather, strong winds and rainstorms during the first week of February (2nd – 7th February).

storm-warning-786x1024.jpg
The North Region:
1. Kamphaeng Phet
2. Pichit
3. Nakhon Sawan
4. Uthaithani
5. Phitsanulok
6. Tak
7. Sukothai
8. Uttaradit
9. Phetchabun
10. Lampang
11. Mae Hong Sorn
12. Chiang Mai
13. Lamphun
14. Chiang Rai
15. Phayao
16. Nan
17. Phrae

The Northeast Region:

Read more: http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/news/thunderstorms-expected-in-37-provinces-warnings-issued/

cn.png
-- Chiang City News 2016-02-01

We really need the rain, I did see the largest lake here in Sukhothai last week and a local said that it was only 10% water left in it and you could see the water pumps standing there in nothing but dirt...
I think that the same goes for Phichit, but there they have been working on it for a long time. Bueng Sifai used to be Thailand largest lake but now it's not even a contender for the top 10...

The news showed just 2 weeks ago how they drilled for water in the dried up riverbed in Phitsanulok, they had to go about 20 meters to find ground water and that's just beneath what use to be Nan river one of the great rivers of Thailand that in the end tributes to Chao Phraya river.

The Thai people really need to learn to manage the water supplies and reserves otherwise it will become like just look at California where they now are pumping groundwater that started it's trip true the ground 20,000 years ago! Basically that means that it will take another 20,000 years to replenish to that level because the water that was above that and would eventually get to that point is already pumped up!

Edited by Kasset Tak

We really need the rain, I did see the largest lake here in Sukhothai last week and a local said that it was only 10% water left in it and you could see the water pumps standing there in nothing but dirt...

I think that the same goes for Phichit, but there they have been working on it for a long time. Bueng Sifai used to be Thailand largest lake but now it's not even a contender for the top 10...

The news showed just 2 weeks ago how they drilled for water in the dried up riverbed in Phitsanulok, they had to go about 20 meters to find ground water and that's just beneath what use to be Nan river one of the great rivers of Thailand that in the end tributes to Chao Phraya river.

The Thai people really need to learn to manage the water supplies and reserves otherwise it will become like just look at California where they now are pumping groundwater that started it's trip true the ground 20,000 years ago! Basically that means that it will take another 20,000 years to replenish to that level because the water that was above that and would eventually get to that point is already pumped up!

"The news showed just 2 weeks ago how they drilled for water in the dried up riverbed in Phitsanulok, they had to go about 20 meters to find ground water and that's just beneath what use to be Nan river one of the great rivers of Thailand that in the end tributes to Chao Phraya river. "

Which riverbed were they drilling in? The Yom or the Nan, both pass through P'Lok province?

Can you clarify what you mean by "use to be" ?

I am sure you aren't suggesting that the Nan has dried up?

"The news showed just 2 weeks ago how they drilled for water in the dried up riverbed in Phitsanulok, they had to go about 20 meters to find ground water and that's just beneath what use to be Nan river one of the great rivers of Thailand that in the end tributes to Chao Phraya river. "

Which riverbed were they drilling in? The Yom or the Nan, both pass through P'Lok province?

I have not been there by my self but the news was talking about Nan river and they where drilling in the riverbed so therefor I wrote "used to be" as there was no water where they where drilling. It might have been a tributary to Nan but as far as I could understand they where talking about Nan river.

I forgot to write that when I visited my friends in Kampheng Phet this last weekend they told me that you can now cross Ping river (another tribute to Chao Phraya) on foot, without using a bridge... usually the water edge goes right by my friends land but now there is about 30-50m of sand (also riverbed) between their land and the water edge.

La nina expected coming in March which causing massive flood.

Always helps to add a link.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-01-05/el-nino-peak-has-weather-forecaster-warning-of-possible-la-nina

World globalists are now making an attempt to control El Nino and his sister. These two do just as they like and that's not appropriate according to them (the globalists)

They feel they loose face after they control almost all of this world, don't they.

The weather is the ultimate free one. Euh...controlled by the universe probably

I have not been there by my self but the news was talking about Nan river and they where drilling in the riverbed so therefor I wrote "used to be" as there was no water where they where drilling. It might have been a tributary to Nan but as far as I could understand they where talking about Nan river.

I forgot to write that when I visited my friends in Kampheng Phet this last weekend they told me that you can now cross Ping river (another tribute to Chao Phraya) on foot, without using a bridge... usually the water edge goes right by my friends land but now there is about 30-50m of sand (also riverbed) between their land and the water edge.

Maybe you are confusing the Nan river with the Yom which is very low if not dry at this date. It runs through Sukhothai and P'Lok province and on into Phichit .

The Ping may well be very low after its trip through Bhumibol dam, but I posted two pictures of the Nan which were taken around 23 of Jan 2016.

see : http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/890707-more-than-half-of-thailand-short-of-water/page-2

Since the river passes within 100 feet of my home and is a bit lower this week, I see no likelihood of it being dry, however, it may be possible to walk across from my side to the west bank, I just haven't tried it.smile.png ,

I just found this page where you can see daily (sees hourly) data and maximum levels: http://www.hydro-1.net/08HYDRO/HD-06/HOURLY.html

Nan river, Nan province.
N.64 measuring station, 0.82m and 19m3/s. The maximum (bank overflow) is 9.5m and 1060m3/s.

Yom river, Phrae province.
Y.1C measuring station, 0.32m and 4.8m3/s. Max 8.2m and 1000m3/s.

Ping river, Chang Mai province (so way before Bhumibol dam)
P.1 measuring station, 1.23m and 6.83m3/s. Max 3.7m and 490m3/s.

Edited by Kasset Tak

Accurate weather predictions seem to be few and far between in Thailand, have 3 apps and check the Government website as well, all had different predictions during the cold snap in CM last week.

The only one that got close was Weatherbug, who picked 11 when the top temp was 10, then 14 the day it hit 12.

Weatherbug predicting some cooler weather, top temp of 23 on Sunday and cloud but not rain, then 25 on Monday and partly cloudy, I'll trust them over this given during the cold spell the official Government weather was predicting 18 the day it got to 10.

Accurate weather predictions seem to be few and far between in Thailand, have 3 apps and check the Government website as well, all had different predictions during the cold snap in CM last week.

The only one that got close was Weatherbug, who picked 11 when the top temp was 10, then 14 the day it hit 12.

Weatherbug predicting some cooler weather, top temp of 23 on Sunday and cloud but not rain, then 25 on Monday and partly cloudy, I'll trust them over this given during the cold spell the official Government weather was predicting 18 the day it got to 10.

I trust Baldrick agrees with your comments.wink.png