Guardiola to become Man City manager, replacing Pellegrini

Jonathan Fairfield

What on earth are you wittering on about??

I think you have been sniffing too many beer mats!!

Couple of points which I took from your inane drivel.... 1) Looking over our shoulders trying to compare ourselves to United?? You are right inasmuch as we ARE looking over our shoulders at United. Not comparing ourselves but p!ssing ourselves laughing at you lot lagging further and further behind playing some incredibly boring football. Carry on living in the past if that excites you.

Secondly, if you want to come on a football thread and ask someone to 'Look up' a word to see what it means...... do me a favour....get the word right!!laugh.png "Pellegrini has commended respect"?? Might have made sense to Nobby Stiles in the 60s, but I think you meant " Pellegrini has commanded respect".

Considering you only rise above the parapet when you win a game, probably see you again in a couple of monthsthumbsup.gif

gigglem.gif Jack

Been there and seen it all before regarding City fans optimism,come back in a few years time when the Premiership has been won a few times and throw in some Champions,League achievements then you can be taken seriously.

Yes history is yesterday but it is all we have to look back on and acknowledge as fact-as regarding what may happen tomorrow/in the future, no-one can predict.

Guardiola who many feel is the best manager in the game at present will be City,s 16th manager in the last 20 years,what will be the excuses if it all goes tits up for you once more?

Hope and optimism may be fine but reality is another matter........thumbsup.gif

Couple of points which I took from your inane drivel.... 1) Looking over our shoulders trying to compare ourselves to United?? You are right inasmuch as we ARE looking over our shoulders at United. Not comparing ourselves but p!ssing ourselves laughing at you lot lagging further and further behind playing some incredibly boring football. Carry on living in the past if that excites you.

Secondly, if you want to come on a football thread and ask someone to 'Look up' a word to see what it means...... do me a favour....get the word right!!laugh.png "Pellegrini has commended respect"?? Might have made sense to Nobby Stiles in the 60s, but I think you meant " Pellegrini has commanded respect".

Considering you only rise above the parapet when you win a game, probably see you again in a couple of monthsthumbsup.gif

gigglem.gif Jack

Been there and seen it all before regarding City fans optimism,come back in a few years time when the Premiership has been won a few times and throw in some Champions,League achievements then you can be taken seriously.

Yes history is yesterday but it is all we have to look back on and acknowledge as fact-as regarding what may happen tomorrow/in the future, no-one can predict.

Guardiola who many feel is the best manager in the game at present will be City,s 16th manager in the last 20 years,what will be the excuses if it all goes tits up for you once more?

City fans and the word Optimism, do not go hand in hand.

We are probably the most pessimistic fans out there, but we dont take ourselves too seriously, because we will ALWAYS find a way to either screw it up or make it more difficult than it need be..

Right now we are living in the moment. Thankful that we have a great owner..... not a shyster like Peter Swales, or fur coat and no knickers Franny Lee, but someone who has and will continue to put money into our club. We are now a profitable company. Football has changed forever.... its big business now, whether we like it or not.

From a personal point of view I am taking more delight now regarding Uniteds sad plight, than I did when Denis Laws neat little back heel put your lot down.

Call it payback for years of arrogance from United fans, but right now I am loving every minute.

And you are worried that we may, just may, get even stronger under Guardiola and your lot wont get a sniff in for a long long time.

We are probably the most pessimistic fans out there, but we dont take ourselves too seriously, because we will ALWAYS find a way to either screw it up or make it more difficult than it need be..

Right now we are living in the moment. Thankful that we have a great owner..... not a shyster like Peter Swales, or fur coat and no knickers Franny Lee, but someone who has and will continue to put money into our club. We are now a profitable company. Football has changed forever.... its big business now, whether we like it or not.

From a personal point of view I am taking more delight now regarding Uniteds sad plight, than I did when Denis Laws neat little back heel put your lot down.

Call it payback for years of arrogance from United fans, but right now I am loving every minute.

And you are worried that we may, just may, get even stronger under Guardiola and your lot wont get a sniff in for a long long time.

Not at all Jack,we have had a great run under SAF and as the saying goes "all good things must come to an end" if that is the case with United then fine I have no issues with it,we will re-group and go again.

Peter Swales was not a "shyster" as you describe but a guy who loved the club too much and virtually bankrupted it trying to keep up with United.

Many of my friends are long term fans of City and we have enjoyed the banter over the years,but they all begrudgingly accept Uniteds dominance certainly during Fergie,s reign.

It is an exciting time to be a City fan but please do not get too carried away, be patient,give the new manager at least 3 years before you start to judge him,the English league is the most physically demanding in the world and he will need time to adapt to this, plus the difference between the bottom clubs and those at the top is not as great as it is in Spain or Germany,competition here is much fiercer.

Looking forward to tonights game against Leicester (well managed by Ranieri who wasn,t good enough for Chelski) plus United tomorrow.

As a footnote Jack I have it on good authority that United are planning to expand the main stand at OT subject to being able to purchase the land which carries the railway,if successful it will raise the ground capacity to almost 100,000............thumbsup.gif

Considering you only rise above the parapet when you win a game, probably see you again in a couple of months:thumbsup:

gigglem.gif Jack

Had to go shopping earlier, so didn't have time to reply to Peter's post. Now I don't need to cos you've just said it all.

Let Peter live in the past jack, cos he knows Uniteds future is bleak and silverware will be sparse

As a footnote Jack I have it on good authority that United are planning to expand the main stand at OT subject to being able to purchase the land which carries the railway,if successful it will raise the ground capacity to almost 100,000............thumbsup.gif

On a serious note, that may not be a good thing Peter. More and more of the "bigger" clubs are expanding to let in the "tourist" supporters which is ruining the atmosphere's of grounds all over the country. Crystal Palace to name one, have a really good atmosphere but United, Arsenal and yes City are all going more quiet.

Not at all Jack,we have had a great run under SAF and as the saying goes "all good things must come to an end" if that is the case with United then fine I have no issues with it,we will re-group and go again.

Peter Swales was not a "shyster" as you describe but a guy who loved the club too much and virtually bankrupted it trying to keep up with United.

Many of my friends are long term fans of City and we have enjoyed the banter over the years,but they all begrudgingly accept Uniteds dominance certainly during Fergie,s reign.

It is an exciting time to be a City fan but please do not get too carried away, be patient,give the new manager at least 3 years before you start to judge him,the English league is the most physically demanding in the world and he will need time to adapt to this, plus the difference between the bottom clubs and those at the top is not as great as it is in Spain or Germany,competition here is much fiercer.

Looking forward to tonights game against Leicester (well managed by Ranieri who wasn,t good enough for Chelski) plus United tomorrow.

Back in the 90s, I used to regularly have a drink with Malcolm Allison in a place called Yarm.

I got from the horses mouth, the type of person Swales was. Transfer of Steve Daley, a million?? Yeh right. Swales and the Wolves chairman had it away between them!!

Ask Paul Lake what he thinks about Swales.

What are you talking about being patient for??

The last few years we have won 2 Premierships, FA Cup, League Cup. Its the here and now peter, not a matter of being patient......here and now!!!laugh.png . So carry on thinking of the 60s and the 90s. If only the Tardis was real, you would be well happycheesy.gif .

On a serious note, that may not be a good thing Peter. More and more of the "bigger" clubs are expanding to let in the "tourist" supporters which is ruining the atmosphere's of grounds all over the country. Crystal Palace to name one, have a really good atmosphere but United, Arsenal and yes City are all going more quiet.

Interesting that you should say that, as apparently Merchandise United look like they are going to close an entire tier of the Rednose stand because they can't fill the stadium on a Spursday night.

And that with a 25% discount on tickets....

Manchester United are to close the top tier of the Sir Alex Ferguson stand for the home leg of their Europa League last-32 tie as supporters turn their backs on the competition.

Around 4,000 seats in that part of Old Trafford will remain empty as United accept they will not fill their ground for the second leg of their game against Danish champions Midtjylland on Thursday, 25 February.Prices have been reduced by 25 per cent but with season-ticket holders able opt out of purchasing tickets – which has not been the case for all competitions but which was also permitted for this season’s Capital One Cup fixtures – the game is proving a hard sell.

• 11 months later...
On 05/02/2016 at 1:02 PM, jellydog said:

Interesting to note the big difference between Barcelona in 2007-08 and then 2008-09 when Pep became the manager. No silverware the year before Pep arrived and the first Treble in Spanish football history his first year. Pep's decision to ditch the Brazilian night owls Ronaldinho and Deco was the first move.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007%E2%80%9308_FC_Barcelona_season

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008%E2%80%9309_FC_Barcelona_season

So for the critics that are wont to accuse Pep of walking on to a fully constructed, trophy winning squad...it wasn't exactly the case.

The EPL is proving a tougher nut to crack then?

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/01/2017 at 3:00 PM, smokie36 said:

I only resurrected this thread to remind you all that City won't be sacking Pep if they finish 6th.

:laugh:

He will  walk away at the end of the season and join a big club

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 5:26 PM, PT Paul said:

He will  walk away at the end of the season and join a big club

I'd be extremely interested to hear your criteria of what makes a "big" club.

Is it attendances? Nah, can't be.

o21hzEahfSKNn9Iw0R4Fjyzr4nfdmpGegPborPkv

Is it revenue? Nah, can't be that

h+GzDomXfUQzQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

DwPoPeIm8F5rAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

Is it Premier League titles? Nah, can't be that  as Liverpool are absent on that list.

OV7nGzAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

I give up. What constitutes a "big" club?

5 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

I give up. What constitutes a "big" club?

My guess is that they had to be big before they abolished the goalkeeper handling the Back Pass from the half way line.

Edited by Chicog