End of Look Thep mania: 'Child Angels' dumped as orphans at Thai temple

webfact

End of Look Thep mania: 'Child Angels' dumped as orphans at temple
By Coconuts Bangkok

look_thep.jpg
File photo of Look Thep dolls owned by the famous creator "Mama Ning." Photo: Prae Sakaowan/ Coconuts Media

BANGKOK: -- Look Thep 'Child Angels' Around 20 Look Thep dolls, which were still a popular craze just a week ago, have reportedly been dumped at a temple on the outskirts of Bangkok as their owners presumably started to feel embarrassed about carrying around a doll.

Sarawuth Pailonrin, the temple’s warden, said Look Thep owners have been leaving their spirit dolls at the temple after the once-popular doll fad was heavily criticized by skeptics.

"Some people don't feel comfortable [keeping Look Thep] anymore so they dumped the dolls under our Bodhi tree. Some came at night. Some talked to the abbot, who allowed them to leave the dolls here,” Sarawuth told Thairath TV.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2016/02/02/end-look-thep-mania-child-angels-dumped-orphans-temple

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2016-02-02

Christ this whole thing was utterly weird.

I didn't ever witness anyone carrying one of these freakish looking things, I live in the heart of BKK.

Saw a young couple carrying one last Saturday night at talard rot fai, behind Seacon Square.

I didn't ever witness anyone carrying one of these freakish looking things, I live in the heart of BKK.

First saw one a friend had a few months ago- she swears it's grown since we last saw her- the doll that is whistling.gif

First saw one a friend had a few months ago- she swears it's grown since we last saw her- the doll that is whistling.gif

Clearly her I.Q has not though.

I heard there's a few working down Soi 6 right now. Mum and dad didn't get any luck with the lotto on Saturday so next best Jai Dee thing to do, as any responsible parent would, get the kids working.

clap2.gifthumbsup.gif

.....I did not put it politely last time......

...but seriously....it is not something to be encouraged.......

...so many dysfunctional families....so many children abandoned......

...get real......get a real one.....and take care of it.....