TAT moves to expand tourism from Iran and Oman

webfact

TAT moves to expand tourism from Iran and Oman

tat.jpg

BANGKOK, 2 February 2016 (NNT) – The Tourism Authority of Thailand has pushed to expand foreign tourist arrivals from Iran and Oman, following a recent government delegation to the Middle Eastern countries.

TAT Governor Yuthasak Supasorn said the Middle East is considered a “high-end market.” He revealed that the average Middle Eastern tourist spends 6,500 baht per day on a trip to Thailand, beating out European tourists who spend an average of 5,500 baht per day.

The TAT Governor added that Thailand’s healthcare and hospitals have also gained the trust of Middle Eastern tourists. On this official trip led by Deputy Prime Minister Somkid Jatusripitak and six ministers, several agreements have been brokered with the Omani government on providing healthcare for public officials in Thailand and packages for medical tourism.

Similar healthcare deals were struck in Iran, where the TAT will also work in collaboration with Mahan Air to schedule new flights.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-02-02 footer_n.gif

It's really all about the money isn't it ! No else matters !

It reminds me of some girls when i was a teenager. They tried every boy in the club, first the handsome ones with money, then only handsome, then just average looking ones, then ugly ones, and at the end went home with a tomboy who dumped her the next morning.

Pattaya, Phuket and Hua Hin will need a lot of burqa beaches soongigglem.gif

Well have you seen how the Thai go swimming? Not much difference with a burqa...

Small bikini's will be banned i guess. Oh and what will they do with the soidogs?

I have been in Oman for the past 5 years. The direct Oman Air flights to BKK are usually full. Omani men go for the usual reasons. Couples go for shopping. Older people go for medical treatment. The Thai hospitals that want their business would be well advised to specialize in treating diabetes, hypertension, and heart disease. These afflictions are widespread in the oil rich Gulf states.

Pattaya, Phuket and Hua Hin will need a lot of burqa beaches soongigglem.gif

Out of political correctness, they will have to cover all Buddha images. Closing all Wats as to not offend Muslims would be a good start. And no ringing bells at the Wats during morning and evening prayer.....it will offend also.

Edited by connda

They love ladyboys. giggle.gif

Yes, I know a ladyboy (and not one of the pretty ones that you cannot tell) that had an arab paying 40,000THB a night in a resort who with that sort of money could had the best Thai hooker but preferred to be with her/him. Incredible taste.