What are my options with a tourist visa expiring soon?

First, I got a double entry TR visa from Vientiane right before they stopped doing them and it will expire soon, but i want to remain in Thailand.

Here is a rundown of my visa exempt and visa history:

3 visa exempt stamps in 2014

2015...1 tourist visa in Ho Chi Minh followed directly with 2 back-to-back double entry visas from Vientiane. So, that's 3 tourist visas all back to back.

Now, if I go back to Laos, i think they will deny me a visa...at least Vientiane will.

And I am honestly tired of this visa run and spending money on a Laos visa.

Since I obtained a visa prior in Vietnam, would I be denied there? I'd rather go to Vietnam than Laos...for many reasons.

If i cannot, how about Penang or Phnom Penh?

And finally, if i did not want to get a visa, but instead flew back to Thailand, would I be able to get a visa exempt or would i run into problems? For example, if i flew to Vietnam or Hong Kong once my visa is finished, but then flew back a little while later to Thailand, would I be able to get a visa exempt?

To summarize, i have several visa exempt stamps from 2014 and 3 tourist visas from 2015. I want to get another tourist visa with no problems, or if not, just do visa exempt.

Thanks for the help.

Edited by JacksSmirkingRevenge

Vientiane was doing 3 back to back 2 entry visas when they could do them. I am certain you can get a single entry visa.without a problem.

You should also should not have a problem getting a single entry tourist visa anywhere with your history.

It will also will not be a problem to get a visa exempt entry with your history.

• Like 1

• You should have no problem flying in an getting a visa exempt entry although given your recent history you might get questioned about what you do here. The airline might want an onward flight out of Thailand, dated within 30 days, before letting you board.

If you don't have any warning stamps from Vientiane they will probably issue you with a SETV. You should be able to get a SETV from the other locations you mention, but Penang would be the alternate choice if you don't go back to HCM.

"I'd rather go to Vietnam than Laos...for many reasons. If i cannot, how about Penang or Phnom Penh?"

Sounds like you are a little all over the place....

Cambodia does a one year multi entry business visa for $ 280.

Not sure about Vietnam

"I'd rather go to Vietnam than Laos...for many reasons. If i cannot, how about Penang or Phnom Penh?"

Not sure about Vietnam

What are the requirements for this multi entry business visa ? Apart of $280 of course ?

Cheers

Not sure about Vietnam

What are the requirements for this multi entry business visa ? Apart of $280 of course ?

Cheers

Found this searching the Interwebs.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293939-i9162-k8563417-1_year_business_visa_for_tourists-Cambodia.html

Hope it helps, not confuses......

You're Welcome!! smile.png

Edited by Mr Money Bags
  • Like 1

Not sure about Vietnam

I think the OP is asking about getting Tourist Visas for Thailand in those countries? Not about getting visas to stay in them

Vientiane was doing 3 back to back 2 entry visas when they could do them. I am certain you can get a single entry visa.without a problem.

You should also should not have a problem getting a single entry tourist visa anywhere with your history.

It will also will not be a problem to get a visa exempt entry with your history.

I would go with the above and add that you should only use the visa exempt option if you have to.

One important aspect which you have not mentioned is how much longer you plan to stay. If you are going to be off in the short ish term then the answer would not be same as if you plan to hang around for a while. You used to be able to get a triple in HK if you were a British passport holder. Not done it myself and I understand it could be a bit hit and miss but it does make you think. You might be able to get an METV over there if you hold a British passport.

For more information on METVs please go to this link.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/870548-the-multiple-entry-tourist-visa-topic-metv/

Since I quoted member ubonjoe I really should ask a question.

I heard some time back that Thailand and Cambodia had come to some visa agreement. If you got a Cambodian visa then it would also cover a single entry into Thailand. I presume this would be a 60 day entry rather than a 15/30 day entry because otherwise nothing changed. It is just a visa exempt entry.

Edited by notmyself