Roses are insanely priced in Thailand!

Thaidude

Have a friend go buy them at the market and give them to her$ Should be 100-150 THB dozen!

At least one sensible post. Don't need to know the details but the OP must be early on in that relationship. Good luck to you and hope it works out. If it does then the occasional spontaneous gesture [even a small one financially] will beat a bunch of Valentine roses. that will be dead in a week in this climate. every time.

We were at a local market just outside Chiang Mai and roses were 20Baht for two dozen; obviously the grower didn't get their timing right! Come the 13/14th they will still only be 60Baht a dozen.

Roses are a waste of money why women are obsessed with these I don't know. One Chinese girl I dated said she was disappointed I didn't buy her flowers on every date. I own a house, have a 6 fig salary, fit and healthy.

After me she dated this British Chef, no money, no house, renter, brought her flowers every time - It was over in a month.

Where are peoples priorities? Why would I waste 50 bucks on bloody flowers for every date? how superficial.

Not against love and romance in fact have bought flowers before when in country no problem its nice gesture but bloody hell don't get obsessed with them!!!! Happy Valentines and remember if meeting kitty's parents or family the most important thing is to "Leave your wallet at home" and tell them you will never buy in Thailand as you already own house and land in Farangland and LOVE renting here tongue.png

... they are charging whopping 1000 Baht just for 2 roses.

Whatever the market will bear.

They could sell 100 roses at 50 baht each or 10 roses for 500 baht each and pocket Baht 5000 either way. They seem to have a commendable grasp on western capitalism as well as the farang notion of meaningless gestures designed to fluff their own self-importance. A couple of roses will demonstrate my priceless love for you as long as the price is cheap enough.

Supply-and-Demand-Graph.png

Edited by Suradit69

We had 500 at our wedding, big red roses at 10 bht each, but it was a few years ago now.

Still, I have a few time stumped up the fifty/sixty quid a dozen when I was away on Birthdays and Valentines.

Worth every penny.................................I get stuck with gold when I am here!

My mrs told me I don't have to get her anything as "you love me every day".

These Thai gold diggers, eh?

Ah yes.................... see how long you can get away with that?

Maybe buy her a non-stick saucepan, or some towels, or maybe an iron for Valentines, or at least a 10 iron, then nothing will be wasted..............except you!

My mrs told me I don't have to get her anything as "you love me every day".

These Thai gold diggers, eh?

Ah yes.................... see how long you can get away with that?

Maybe buy her a non-stick saucepan, or some towels, or maybe an iron for Valentines, or at least a 10 iron, then nothing will be wasted..............except you!

I said she told me I didn't have to, which doesn't mean either that I won't or that I'm unaware of a potential change of heart on her part come the 14th!

Valentines day....what a bunch of bs....just another way to bilk unsuspecting chumps.

I disagree. Any guy with half a romantic bone in his body is already looking forward to Steak, BJ and S - T - F - U Day on 14th March which is the perfect complement to February's foolishness.

What is <deleted>, a Sexually Transmitted ? ?

Just askin!!!!!!

That sucks! Anyone here who can do a favor for me? If you stay in bangkok, can you get in touch with me? It would be great if you could courier some Bouquet for me and I pay you through paypal if that works out. Please help you fellow brother biggrin.png

You'd actually trust one of these guys to deliver roses to your babe? Seriously? Well you can't...but you can trust me. Give me her phone number and I'll promise firm delivery and a happy ending. Ooops, that didn't come out right.

Are roses something you feel you should give her or what she feels you should give her? If she is Thai, perhaps Thais have a different expectation.

Darn, right they do, none of my other wives wanted 500 roses at our wedding. But then they only lasted 10 years apiece and she has lasted 20+ so far.

So go with the roses.

Thai girls (as a rule) don't work on the theory of "it's the thought that counts".

She'll think you're a total loon if you spend that sort of money on roses.

Send her a picture of a bunch of roses on FB or Line or whatever - cheap as chips and just as effective (or non effective) as the real thing. thumbsup.gif

That's what I do, and I'll probably use the same photo as last time too. I refuse to be trapped by a BS event that was manufactured by business to part mugs with their money. Sadly, the same applies to Xmas now, when the sheeple go into debt to conform to the consumer dictat.