Bangkok murder suspect Artur Segarra arrested in Cambodia

webfact

Is there any compelling evidence against this guy that directly links him to the murder and dismemberment…dna, fingerprints, weapon?

Transferring money from the dead guys account does not automatically suggest he killed the bloke.

It doesn't mean that he killed him, but it does "suggest" that he has something to hide!

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any compelling evidence against this guy that directly links him to the murder and dismembermentdna, fingerprints, weapon?

Transferring money from the dead guys account does not automatically suggest he killed the bloke.

It doesn't mean that he killed him, but it does "suggest" that he has something to hide!

Agree why would he make a run for it if he has nothing to hide.

Is there any compelling evidence against this guy that directly links him to the murder and dismembermentdna, fingerprints, weapon?

I would !

But, is it common practice for an embassy to attend a questioning???

That sounds odd to me. Would it mean that the guy may not be guilty... or at least that they may have some doubts?

I would !

That sounds odd to me. Would it mean that the guy may not be guilty... or at least that they may have some doubts?

Bearing in mind the grisly circumstances of the murder of a Spanish citizen by (supposedly) another Spanish citizen, and the reputation of the RTP for their meticulous attention to detail, I would suggest that other Embassies should follow suit when their citizens are in trouble, even if it's just for playing cards!

....bravo....

...good move....

...wish our countries would do the same....for any bloody charge.....

..seems a little too simplistic....a Spaniard...done in by a Spaniard....

...they never did explain how a foreigner could withdraw so much money...allegedly....or where the money is now....

...last time is was ' a Korean done in by a Korean'....but we never heard mum again.....

....really not feeling good....or welcome...being a foreigner here any more......

''Meanwhile, unconfirmed reports say that police in Thailand have arrested a Thai man on suspicion of assisting Segarra in the brutal murder. The man is believed to be a friend of Segarras Thai girlfriend.''

Yeah, right, a "friend".

That's all you take away from this series of events?

How very sad.

...they never did explain how a foreigner could withdraw so much money...allegedly....or where the money is now....

It wasnt stated exactly how much money was withdrawn , it just said "a large amount" .

The money is still in his bank account

Did you read the OP?

I would !

As anyone heard of the British Embassy attending any questioning of it's citizens?

There's a lot more to this than we are able to fathom just now...........wait and see what developed.

And yes....why would a wanted man with the RTP and Cambodian police on his tail, and he goes to Sihanoukville......?

If he had gone to Pattaya and avoided dives where bridge is played, he would still be OK.

Is there any compelling evidence against this guy that directly links him to the murder and dismemberment…dna, fingerprints, weapon?

Possibly just bad timing but it does look a bit ify though, especially as he fled the country, although considering the police reputation here i think i would flee as well. He is lucky that his embassy is taking an interest in the case, at least one embassy that looks after its citizens.

I would !

They know all about Koh Tao, they don't want one of their people stitched up, sounds reasonable

Yeah right, especially when you consider how honest and efficient the police are here.

While he denies any involvement, does he have a reason the money was transferred to him,

why the money was owed or being lent. He also made a run for it. After the body was

dismembered and thrown into the river he may not have expected the Thai police to be

as effective as they were at identification of the body and tracking ATM video. Thai police

take a hammering on there effectiveness here on Thai Visa. We shall see what explanations

he has. Most people are killed by people they know. Not to say he is guilty for sure but for

sure he is a prime candidate to be involved. Remember the adage, "follow the money" whistling.gif

The Spanish Embassy surely has a dual role here, to oversee the interests of both the victim and the defendant as they are both Spanish.

Regarding the innocence of the accused and huge sums of money transferred to his account whilst the victim was detained and then killed- if innocent, why run away?

The Spanish Embassy surely has a dual role here, to oversee the interests of both the victim and the defendant as they are both Spanish.

Regarding the innocence of the accused and huge sums of money transferred to his account whilst the victim was detained and then killed- if innocent, why run away?

Thailand, and Thai police is the reason. Wise to run whether guilty or innocent

I would !

They know all about Koh Tao, they don't want one of their people stitched up, sounds reasonable

:)

Well, it's like this guv (said in a Catalonian accent), he was last seen on the back of my motorbike on a CCTV camera leaving his apartment, then he or rather his dead body,appeared in various parts of the river,..... in the meantime quite a lot of his money was transferred to my bank account and I did take out a bit of it at ATMs...then when I saw my photo on the TV I immediately fled across the border....... Of course i'm innocent!!!!!

There may be compelling evidence but in Thailand that isn't necessary. Could just be that there were no Burmese migrants handy.

On the run, his face on the news and he didn't even try to change his look a bit? not even shaving his moustache? He must have been very confident indeed.

If you look at the photo of when he was captured, he had dark glasses and a baseball hat in his hand and he had covered his tattooed neck up, he had been on the run for a few days, so his shaved off mustache had grown back again .

Confident ? This guy throws body parts in the river and abandons his rented in his own name motorbike at the border , stupid, more like

He looks relaxed in the video , maybe already planned his escape.

Yes that is quite weird actually. He looks quite relaxed all the time, also during his deporatation and subsequent arrival in Thailand. I watched him on tv and never did he look worried or troubled, I think because he is a real psychopath.

Edited by luckyman