Bangkok murder suspect Artur Segarra arrested in Cambodia

webfact

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And whoever arranged his illegal exit from Thailand and illegal entrance into Cambodia should be thrown in jail with him.

daft comment. He rode his bike to the border area, dumped his bike and walked for several hours undetected into cambodia illegally. read the article again dude

He was arrested in Cambodia presumably by the police there after he was recognised by locals and is detained in Cambodia. Good job by the Thai police ?

Even though in a month of Sunday's you'd never concede it, yes, a good job.

The investigation is a RTP one which established that he may be in Cambodia and they asked their counterparts there to assist. What more could they have done considering that they have no jurisdiction in Cambodia?

Without the Thai police investigation there would never be any reason for him to have been apprehended.

They established he was in Cambodia and informed the authorities there.

The simplest of what should be normal procedure.

Why have you amended my post by adding the last sentence and then quoted it?

Calm down, sometimes, a post can accidentally be placed in the same box as the quoted one.

Done it many times myself.

That's exactly what happened. I have no need or interest to amend someone else's post.

Funny how Thai girls dumb up and don't know anything then for the police to discover her friend helped with the murder...

That just shows how different Thais are to everyone else in the world .

Everyone else in the world, when the Police ask them anything, they always immediately confess to everything

"We'll make an arrest within 48 hours", the BiB proclaimed recently. Same last year with the Bangkok Bomber. But it seems that the BIB couldn't arrest a church mouse without the Cambodian Police. I hope they acknowledge this publicly and maybe give them an award, me thinks.....

Of course, the reward money will be paid forthwith (to the Cambodian police) that's before they have a chance to put him before the law and establish guilt, normal proceedure - money up-front... questions later.

Is it just my imagination or does this guy have those eyes that look through you that are so associated with sociopaths and psychopaths.

Nah, it just the Man U jacket that makes him appear so (I am Man U fan, btw)

Why the <deleted> didn't he wear a City tracksuit, would have saved alot of embarrassment!!!!

Spanish gruesome murder suspect arrested in Cambodia

G0DL5oPyrtt5HBAi4FsMueG55koXgEaqWERZETSC

BANGKOK: -- Spanish murder suspect Artur Segarra Princep was arrested last night by Cambodian police at Cambodia's famous beach resort town Kampong Som while trying to slip out by ship.

Cambodian police told Thai authorities that the 36-year-old suspect wanted in Thailand for the gruesome murder of his countryman David Bernat was arrested before midnight at a Cherry Happy foodshop at this famous resort town of Kampong Som or known as Sihanoukville.

He was trying to escape out of the country by sea, according to Cambodian authorities.

His Thai girlfriend Pritsana San-ubon confirmed the arrest of Mr Artur after she was shown by Thai authorities of the man arrested by Cambodian authorities.

Artur dressed in sports jacket, a blue Jean, wearing a dark glass and a sports shoe.

He was reported to be very exhausted upon his arrest last night.

A press conference will be held this morning by Cambodian police.

Artur was suspected by the police of murdering Spanish businessman David Bernat, chopping up his body in different parts and dumping them into the Chao Phraya river.

The suspect’s Thai girlfriend Pritsana has told the police in Surin province that the suspect came to stay with her at her house in Ban Nai in Tambon Sameong, Muang district of Surin since January 31 and left her house on Saturday. She however denied any involvement in the murder.

Earlier yesterday Pol Gen Panya Mamen, an advisor to the National Police Office, said that police were gathering evidences before asking the court for an arrest warrant for the suspect.

He said that police had the clues about the location where the victim was kept, killed and dismembered but he declined to elaborate.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/149921

thaipbs_logo.jpg

-- Thai PBS 2016-02-08

What's up w/ that guy on the left?

Is his face permanently like that or does he expect a reward or what?

Weird.

He has probably already got it !

reply to post 8, good work by the RTP, ?? it was them that let him slip away to Cambodia, the Cambodian Police caught him,keep up !!

Maybe the BIB should open the borders for all crims' and let the Cambodian police do the job of the BIB seeing as how they don't seem to catch many murderers, although, must say they are excellent on bringing bridge-players to heal..... especially if tipped-off by the public .....

Is it just my imagination or does this guy have those eyes that look through you that are so associated with sociopaths and psychopaths.

Nah, it just the Man U jacket that makes him appear so (I am Man U fan, btw)

Why the <deleted> didn't he wear a City tracksuit, would have saved alot of embarrassment!!!!

Not in Leicester it won't...

sihanoukville is one of the first places i would be looking into if i were a thai cop.

idiot.

From start to finish the criminal "mastermind'' has acted like an idiot.

Transferring the money to an account in his name was moronic in the extreme.

How not to commit The Perfect Crime:

- get distinctive tattoo on neck

- use your own bank accounts

- throw floatable body parts in major river

- avoid disguises

- smile ! for ATM camera

- getaway on own scooter

- abandon scooter close to border

- head for obvious tourist spot

- eat in restaurant

The glaring deviation from the criminal masterminds handbook, was not wearing a "wife beater" shirt.

These formulas as set down for good reason.... No wonder he got caught!

Spanish gruesome murder suspect arrested in Cambodia

G0DL5oPyrtt5HBAi4FsMueG55koXgEaqWERZETSC

BANGKOK: -- Spanish murder suspect Artur Segarra Princep was arrested last night by Cambodian police at Cambodia's famous beach resort town Kampong Som while trying to slip out by ship.

Cambodian police told Thai authorities that the 36-year-old suspect wanted in Thailand for the gruesome murder of his countryman David Bernat was arrested before midnight at a Cherry Happy foodshop at this famous resort town of Kampong Som or known as Sihanoukville.

He was trying to escape out of the country by sea, according to Cambodian authorities.

His Thai girlfriend Pritsana San-ubon confirmed the arrest of Mr Artur after she was shown by Thai authorities of the man arrested by Cambodian authorities.

Artur dressed in sports jacket, a blue Jean, wearing a dark glass and a sports shoe.

He was reported to be very exhausted upon his arrest last night.

A press conference will be held this morning by Cambodian police.

Artur was suspected by the police of murdering Spanish businessman David Bernat, chopping up his body in different parts and dumping them into the Chao Phraya river.

The suspect’s Thai girlfriend Pritsana has told the police in Surin province that the suspect came to stay with her at her house in Ban Nai in Tambon Sameong, Muang district of Surin since January 31 and left her house on Saturday. She however denied any involvement in the murder.

Earlier yesterday Pol Gen Panya Mamen, an advisor to the National Police Office, said that police were gathering evidences before asking the court for an arrest warrant for the suspect.

He said that police had the clues about the location where the victim was kept, killed and dismembered but he declined to elaborate.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/149921

thaipbs_logo.jpg

-- Thai PBS 2016-02-08

What's up w/ that guy on the left?

Is his face permanently like that or does he expect a reward or what?

Weird.

Caption for cop on left: "I catch farang. he in my jail. he know ATM pin number. must take all money out of bank for evidence. I rich."

This man, Artur Segarra, is one of life's losers. We all know one (perhaps even more than one!).

His face was not his fortune. Two, or more, failed businesses. Who knows what else?

And then he sinks to the ultimate low. So utterly sad that someone else had to pay with his life.

Somehow, Fate decided that their paths must cross . . .

For once I can say of the RTP, good job.

SIHANOUKVILLE: Police in Cambodia have arrested the main suspect in the murder of a Spanish businessman whose dismembered body was found in the Chao Phraya river last week

which is quite logic if a criminal is in cambodia thai police cannot arrest him.

the guy slipped over the (porous) border illegally coffee1.gif