Soi Cowboy bar owner dies following Bangkok condo fall

webfact

Soi Cowboy bar owner dies following Bangkok condo fall
Staff Writer

sc.jpg
Image: Thairath

BANGKOK:-- The American owner of a well known Soi Cowboy go-go bar has died in what police have said was a tragic accident.

The body of Darel Wayne Davenport, 54, was found on the second floor of a house located next to his condo on Sukhumvit Soi 19 at 2.30pm on Monday, reported Thairath.

Police say Darel had locked himself out of his 39th floor condo and fell after trying to climb into his room from the condo opposite.

Pol Capt Pongsak Nonthahote said that Darel told the owner of the condo next door that he had forgotten his keys and asked the owner if he could try and climb into his condo.

It was whilst he was attempting to enter his condo that he fell to his death.

Darel was the owner of The Dollhouse, one of the oldest and best known go-go bars on Soi Cowboy.

Described by those who knew him as a well liked, friendly and eccentric character, Darel was also skydiving enthusiast. However, he is also believed to have had a long battle with addiction and depression.

Darel is also thought to have experienced problems related to the The Dollhouse and recently posted photographs on Twitter where he alleged he had been attacked by members of staff.

Following the announcement of his death, friends and people who knew him have been paying tribute to Darel in a memorial page on Facebook.

Henry Boger wrote “RIP Darel. You were one of a kind and will be greatly missed.”

“Farewell my friend. We shared many skydives, Records and good times together way back when....Fly Free," wrote Steve Woodford.

Source: Thairath

tvn.png
-- 2016-02-09

No disrespect to the deceased but is climbing over condo balconies at 39 floors high the best way to to go about gaining entry to your condo after forgetting or losing your keys.

The guy was obviously a business man and therefore had access to money,why would you not stay in a cheap hotel for the night and or attempt to gain entry with the aid of the condo management or a lock smith.

Extremely sad way to lose your life for the sake of opening a door,could have kicked the damn thing in and replaced it as a last resort.

Suspect there is more to this than meets the eye as usual.

RIP.

There are probably not many who would do this, but I did exactly the same thing back in my drinking 'daze'. I survived this unusual event. I, also, was not afraid of heights. RIP

• Like 2

No disrespect to the deceased but is climbing over condo balconies at 39 floors high the best way to to go about gaining entry to your condo after forgetting or losing your keys.

The guy was obviously a business man and therefore had access to money,why would you not stay in a cheap hotel for the night and or attempt to gain entry with the aid of the condo management or a lock smith.

Extremely sad way to lose your life for the sake of opening a door,could have kicked the damn thing in and replaced it as a last resort.

Suspect there is more to this than meets the eye as usual.

RIP.

There are probably not many who would do this, but I did exactly the same thing back in my drinking 'daze'. I survived this unusual event. I, also, was not afraid of heights. RIP

My wife did it once when we lived 11 floors up. We had just found out she was pregnant as well. I wasn't there (obviously) and had no idea until she told me about a week after.

I flipped big time. Shes quite a sensible lady as it goes so I'm not sure what was going through her head when she decided to risk hers and the baby's life.

RIP to the deceased.

• Like 1

sad and unnecessary. if you're locked out of you room at my place the security guy calls a locksmith 24hrs. comes in 15 mins daytime a little longer at night - you can see these street locksmiths all over bkk. 200 baht job done.

If you are in a normal state of mind, obviously from the way he was behaving recently the guy was disturbed and not acting normally. Strange nobody was around to help him, did he not have a wife or g/f, or was that part of the problem? Sad end anyway.