Material for Washroom Ceiling in Condo - Where to Buy?

Where can I buy material for a drop-down condo washroom ceiling in Pattaya? What are the different type of material available? I checked homepro and homeworks and both do not sell ceiling materials. Wood is not suitable because of potential termites and poor fire rating. The material should also be suitable for a wet/damp environment so gyproc or sheetrock or gypsum board are not suitable.

Gypsum board is ideal - dunno why you think otherwise. Properly sealed and painted it will last for decades.

The only issue with gypsum is that the washroom above my washroom, leaks water when it rains. The owner above, is an absentee owner, and condo management are uninterested in resolving the leaking matter.

Do you know where in Pattaya I could buy gypsum board?

Cigar7: That seems to me a real rough break on the landlord not fixing the important issue of a roof leak. I've used Viva Board as a subroof and it is a great product. Widely available in Thailand at Home Building Supply Stores. Global House Store and family owned Building materials stores stock Viva Board in Buriram province so it must be available in Pattaya. Viva Board weighs more than the excellent Kanuf Most Shield Board. I hope you find a solution to your leaking bathroom ceiling.

post-20604-0-56879400-1455465051_thumb.j