Thai Health Min to start mosquito extermination Feb 14

webfact

MOPH to start mosquito extermination Feb 14

mo.jpg

NONTHABURI, 11 February 2016 (NNT) – The Ministry of Public Health (MOPH) has instructed it provincial offices to ready themselves for the mosquito extermination campaign.

Permanent Secretary of Public Health Sopon Mekthon has convened a teleconference with the chiefs of provincial public health offices across the country to discuss preparations for the campaign to eliminate mosquitoes.

The MOPH has heightened its disease control measures in response to the recently confirmed case of the Zika virus. Mosquitoes are blamed for several viral diseases such as dengue fever, Zika fever and Chikungunya. Dr. Sopon has ordered all hospitals and public health offices nationwide to strengthen mosquito elimination in their workplaces and nearby communities from February 14 until April 13.

Dr. Sopon has also urged public health officials to concentrate surveillance measures on risk-prone groups, including pregnant women, children, visitors from countries with known outbreaks of Zika fever, and those exhibiting symptoms including fever, rashes, joint pain and conjunctivitis.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-02-11 footer_n.gif

1.4 mn public health volunteers deployed to prevent mosquito-borne diseases

BANGKOK, 11 February 2016 (NNT) - The Ministry of Public Health will dispatch more than 1.4 volunteers to campaign against dengue mosquitoes and eliminate their breeding sites in an effort to prevent three major diseases carried by the mosquitoes.

Director-General of the Department of Health Service Support MD Boonrueang Trirueangworawat said the volunteers would eliminate mosquito larvae in hospitals, schools and temples every Friday from now until April this year. They would also urge people to help reduce the mosquitoes, said the director-general.

Dengue mosquitoes tramsmit the three major diseases including dengue fever, Chikungunya and Zika.

The ministry would also instruct the volunteers to work with the Family Cate Teams in monitoring Zika patients in each community, MD Boonrueang said. He advised those with high fever, rash, red eyes and joint pain, especially pregnant women, to consult their doctors immediately.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-02-11 footer_n.gif

The real reason this is a massive global public health emergency is Guillain–Barré syndrome

Look it up and do some research, it's much, much worse than is being reported in a lot of places but the truth is all out there on the web if you go looking for it.

One house below my condo has a roof full of water Has been for years Like a swimming pool of Stagnant Water A breeding ground for Mosquitoes How do I let the authorities know about this ?

I wouldn't waste my time with blank stares from the 'authorities'.

Is there any way you can nuke it with chlorine?

Chlorine kills all.

If the place is accessible from your condo (straight down), pour some bleach in a bucket and give it one quick pour.

Don't try slugging bleach out of a bottle.

You might get caught and yelled at by pouty-lipped neighbors if you get caught trying to conduct a public service.

needs to be more intense than using volunteers....

here's a simple repellent....

Big bottle Blue cheap mouthwash,

3 cups of Epsom salt,

3 stale 12 oz

cheap beer....

mix those three ingredients together until salt is

dissolved...

Spray anywhere you sit outside , around pools , will not

harm plants or flowers...

Mosquitoes gone from that area for apprx. 80

days..

One house below my condo has a roof full of water Has been for years Like a swimming pool of Stagnant Water A breeding ground for Mosquitoes How do I let the authorities know about this ?

Chlorine kills all.

If the place is accessible from your condo (straight down), pour some bleach in a bucket and give it one quick pour.

You might get caught and yelled at by pouty-lipped neighbors if you get caught trying to conduct a public service.

There is something you can put in ponds as well and doesn't even kill fish...it kills mosquito's...It's a course powder.

Chlorine kills all.

There is something you can put in ponds as well and doesn't even kill fish...it kills mosquito's...It's a course powder.

Don't the fish eat the mosquito Larva?

Chlorine kills all.

Don't the fish eat the mosquito Larva?

Yes they do but not all fish i guess.

The powder is to kill mozzy's in standing water. We use it in bowls who are under plants since my wife fears them to lay eggs if there's water in the bowls.

Maybe somebody knows the thai word for that powder, pondshops sell it.

Perhaps a closer reading of the actual news reports here is in order

As for this supposed big national campaign...

Director-General of the Department of Health Service Support MD Boonrueang Trirueangworawat said the volunteers would eliminate mosquito larvae in hospitals, schools and temples every Friday from now until April this year.

Ya, and, what about everywhere else in the entire country where mosquitoes breed with abandon???

There should be constant research for spreading a killer bug that only kills the mosquito eggs and young mosquitos,under a controlled environment. It will not

happen overnight,and will probably take several decades,and we must be sure it will not effect the environment.

I see this as being the only way of eradicating the world of this world killer! seperate poisons are not enough,and only attack seperate reletively small pockets !

Another way of putting it would be a program of breeding death to be passed on to the next generation of mosquito,or their sterile eggs !