Heart-broken tom boy, 28, attempts suicide by jumping off Sarasin Bridge

rooster59

Heart-broken tom boy, 28, attempts suicide by jumping off Sarasin Bridge

Eakkapop Thongtub

post-247607-0-56031800-1455437297_thumb.

PHUKET: A 28-year-old Phuket 'tom boy' is safe but still heart-broken following an attempted suicide jump from Sarasin Bridge last night.

At 9pm last night (February 13) Thachadchai Police were informed by residents that a "tom boy" had attempted to commit suicide by jumping off Sarasin Bridge, but was rescued by a speedboat nearby, whose operator had witnessed the incident.

The 28-year-old tom boy, named as Ueuang Namsamut, was brought to shore where rescue workers rushed her to Thalang Hospital.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/heart-broken-tom-boy-28-attempts-suicide-by-jumping-off-sarasin-bridge-56213.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2016-01-14

Why the need to refer to the woman as a tom boy? With quotation marks even. Nice of them to name her also....

Thai slang for masculine presenting lesbian. Yes, definitely a woman. Thais aren't into PC stuff, so when in Rome, and all that.

Yes i know what a tom boy is.

My point was why is it needed in the article. Would it not he weird if an article read: A 28 year old "hetrosexual man" attempted suicide..."

Why the need to refer to the woman as a tom boy? With quotation marks even. Nice of them to name her also....

Thai slang for masculine presenting lesbian. Yes, definitely a woman. Thais aren't into PC stuff, so when in Rome, and all that.

Yes i know what a tom boy is.

My point was why is it needed in the article. Would it not he weird if an article read: A 28 year old "hetrosexual man" attempted suicide..."

Wouldn't happen.

post-37101-0-18325800-1455441700_thumb.j

surprised they didn't hack her phone and post private photos with the article.

coffee1.gif

They cant do this whistling.gif

The phone went for a swim with her facepalm.gif

I was a stupid kid but even as a needy 15-year-old in matters of the heart, I knew that anything as preposterous as suicide over it would mean that my actual existence, my entire being, was completely defined by some other person. Maybe that's what suicide hotlines tell you, I don't know. "First of all, I can tell you're a good person. The world would be poorer without you. Secondly, we must never define our entire existence on this earth by some other person." Something like that.

Ah, Saphaan Rak Sarasin, one of the great romantic films featuring heartthrob Jintara (Good Morning Vietnam). It was a take on the classic poor boy and wealthier girl not being allowed to marry. And yes, you can guess the Romeo and Juliet style ending implied in the title of the film. I got to meet Jintara once very briefly at the Chiang Mai Orchid Hotel, back when it was the top hotel in Chiang Mai, and she was just as cute in person as on film.