TM30 Experience

CMBob

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I rented a new house recently from a Thai. She said she'd never heard of this form before.

I had someone translate every word and make it very clear that there is a law which requires registration and if she doesn't do it she will be fined.

This information went in one ear, bounced around the empty space a little bit and then came out the other ear.

I'm going to tell immigration that she hasn't filled this form out just to piss her off.

I rented a new house recently from a Thai. She said she'd never heard of this form before.

I had someone translate every word and make it very clear that there is a law which requires registration and if she doesn't do it she will be fined.

This information went in one ear, bounced around the empty space a little bit and then came out the other ear.

I'm going to tell immigration that she hasn't filled this form out just to piss her off.

the tm30 form is both in thai and english - what exactly did you have to translate?

the tm30 form is both in thai and english - what exactly did you have to translate?

I didn't have the form, this form is nothing to do with me, I only mentioned it to her as a courtesy as I know she's a bit dim. I was renting a house and I told her of this forms existence. She speaks no English at all.

The explaination that the form exists and it's a requirement of Thai law for someone renting a house to a foreigner to fill it out was translated to her. She completely ignored this advice.

She will get caught out...

It is the duty of the "housemaster" not the condo management

Correct, but the condo management is doing is as a service to the condo owners. Besides, they were the ones who got raked over the coals a few months back when CM Imm visited the condo office and wanted to see their files of copies of passport photo and visa pages for the foreigners living in the building. It was evident that they didn't know who was actually occupying some of the units, so they had to get their act together.

The Condo management are there to look after the common area in accordance with the Condominium Act, not to control who lives there. Very nice that your management do this for you but they should have told Immigration to go away and talk to the co-owners as they are the ones responsible for their tenants and reporting for the purposes of the TM 30.

The Condo management are there to look after the common area in accordance with the Condominium Act, not to control who lives there. Very nice that your management do this for you but they should have told Immigration to go away and talk to the co-owners as they are the ones responsible for their tenants and reporting for the purposes of the TM 30.

Do you know that the management did not get the owners permission/instructions/orders to do this for them?

Do you think the owners of hotels file the TM-30s themselves?

I'm so glad our condo building office is set up to file TM30s on-line just like a hotel does for their guests. They do this for everyone who lives here, renters and owners. Just love 'em for it. They print out a nifty screen shot of their filing from the Imm. website that we can staple in our passports for "proof" that a TM30 has been filed.

A condo can use the same online system that hotels do, Nancy would never tell a lie.

I'm so glad our condo building office is set up to file TM30s on-line just like a hotel does for their guests. They do this for everyone who lives here, renters and owners. Just love 'em for it. They print out a nifty screen shot of their filing from the Imm. website that we can staple in our passports for "proof" that a TM30 has been filed.

A condo can use the same online system that hotels do, Nancy would never tell a lie.

Well, I appreciate the vote of confidence. Yes, the condo is using the same online system that a hotel uses. They had someone in the office get trained to use this system and apparently it's as clunky as all the other Imm. systems like the on-line 90 day reporting and the now-defunct on-line queue. The poor gal had to make a couple trips to Imm. to finally figure out how to make it work.

Since the condo mgt acts as a property mgt agent for some of the non-resident owners in renting out their units, then they probably do have the responsibility to file TM30s in the eyes of Imm. So, since they had to get up-to-speed to do on-line filing of TM30s for some people in the building, they might as well do it for everyone.

There is a desk set up at Imm. Prom. for accepting TM28/TM30 reports and no accounts here on Thai visa of anyone being fined for submitting late reports there. The officers at Imm. Prom. are working in the open and I've never seen them collect fines in the times I've been at Imm. Prom. -- and I do try to watch everything going on. Actually, officers at that desk are very helpful in explaining a confusing process to landlord/renter pairs who come for service.

Many reports of fines at the airport office. At the airport office the reports are submitted in their "investigations" buildings behind the building that we normally use. That should tell you something. Those dudes are out for blood! Plus their work done in a closed environment where no one can observe what is going on. All the better for collecting "fines".

Where are the "Many reports of fines at the airport office"?

As I reported, my wife was NOT fined...

Be careful Nancy, once again making veiled insinuations.

My gf was fined 1600 Baht there last year even she isn't the landlord. Their lame excuse was that her name is on the rental contract too so it is "her" responsibility. Go figure

I was in a condo in Phuket last year. The MC didn't do TM30s for people there. Then again, the MC was crap and hardly ever did anything anyway. So it's hardly a benchmark. I think their company logo was 'Difficult by design'.

If people rented from owners, the owners did the forms. If they rented via agents who worked for established companies the companies were allowed to do them and provided letters on company letterheads that the tenants then took with them to immigration.

That's how mine worked there. Never a problem.

Posted via Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Question: is a TM30 required to apply for an extension of stay based on marriage in Chiang Mai? These applications are sent to Bangkok for approval and it is not a requirement there. Any experience? In worst case one could now go to building 3 at the airport immi and pay some fine, but why if not required....

Question: is a TM30 required to apply for an extension of stay based on marriage in Chiang Mai? These applications are sent to Bangkok for approval and it is not a requirement there. Any experience? In worst case one could now go to building 3 at the airport immi and pay some fine, but why if not required....

To answer that myself, no TM 28 or 30 is required when applying for an extension of stay. Makes actually sense, as it is the responsibility of the property owner, not the applicant. Neither is that 3 pages personal details form required or any similar personal details many people panic about. So it's a lot of hot air in the interwebs with barely any meat on it. Jai yen.

To answer that myself, no TM 28 or 30 is required when applying for an extension of stay. Makes actually sense, as it is the responsibility of the property owner, not the applicant. Neither is that 3 pages personal details form required or any similar personal details many people panic about. So it's a lot of hot air in the interwebs with barely any meat on it. Jai yen.

The tm28 is the non thai nationals responsibility.. however my experience seemed to show that if the landlord did not do a tm30 you could not do multiple ( my first one worked) tm28s as "they do not link up" without the landlords record in the database.

'Had been out of Thailand on holiday and returned last week. 'Popped into Building 3 at Airport Immigration with my landlord today around 1:30. TM 30 took all of 4 minutes. I suppose the wait was so long because there was a nice landlord with multiple tenants already there when we arrived. No penalties. No pain!

Great idea, piss your landlord off and you deride HER intelligence!

My wife did my tm 30 today,10 mins, they did not need the form.they

just altered the date of the one i already had,

regards Worgeordie

Meaning it is not tracked anywhere, as I expected. Just a piece of paper to make some extra money from fines and people's life miserable.

My wife did my tm 30 today,10 mins, they did not need the form.they

just altered the date of the one i already had,

regards Worgeordie

Meaning it is not tracked anywhere, as I expected. Just a piece of paper to make some extra money from fines and people's life miserable.

But he did tell her,it was all in the computer, I have never been out of the country

for quiet a while,so was surprised that on the arrival card,they now want to know

how much money you earn per annum,only applicable to Foreigners, next they

will be wanting to know your inside leg measurement !

regards worgeordie

That was on the arrival card for the last 20 years or so. Unrelated to that TM30 thing, which is not your responsibility but that of the house master which must be Thai, regardless what the legal facts are. That's why immigration also does not ask for it, only if you like to play with your luck in building 3. Up to you as they say :)

If I want to do a TM30 in Chiang Mai what suppoting documents are needed? I own my condo unit.

. Chanote? Residence certificate? Letter from Juristic Person manager? Utility bills? Photos? Passport copies?

That was on the arrival card for the last 20 years or so. Unrelated to that TM30 thing, which is not your responsibility but that of the house master which must be Thai, regardless what the legal facts are. That's why immigration also does not ask for it, only if you like to play with your luck in building 3. Up to you as they say smile.png

no, the house master is the house master.

if you happen to be the occupier of the premises where the alien resides and if you pay rent for these premises - you have do your own tm30.

as for the previous poster - you do not need any documentation.

fill in the form you download from the immigration website and file it at your local immigration office. if there is no such thing in your 'area' file it with the local police office.

why? because it will serve as a prove of address / residence when you buy a car / get married / want insurance. you will also need it to do 'extensions of stay'.

I will be doing a 90 report next week. Wondering if I should take filled out a TM 28 with me? Here is my history since last 90 day report. Is there a possible fine I should have money in my pocket to cover?

I rented a room in Sept 2015. Did a change of address at my 90 report in Oct to reflect new place.

I exited the country in late Dec 2015 and returned Mid Jan 2016. I paid rent on the room while I was gone, so no break in landlord reporting.

First of February I move to a new condo. Landlord says they have completed all of the immigration paperwork necessary.

My 'enter before date' on the non imm O-A visa is March 16 so I exit the country and return on the 13th of March. Permission to stay until March 2017.

When I returned this time I used the new address (the place I moved to one the first of Feb) on the Arrival card.

I did file a certificate of residency to obtain Thai drivers licenses in January.

Great. I did a TM 30 when I bought my condo years ago, don't know where the receipt is right now.

I write the same info on my arrival cards, nothing seems to be tracked anywhere anyway.

I do not do 90 day reports as my job requires constant International travel. Would like to stay "legal", however going to Imm constantly would not be any fun..

The only "benefit" for me at this time of filing a TM 30 would seem to be the risk of being fined if I walk in to Airport or pro-Mena Dah' to file one.

post-84769-0-09402000-1464825741_thumb.p

Why isn't a TM30 required for Extensions in CW/Bangkok?

It's not required in Chiang Mai either. You are not even supposed to have that receipt as it belongs to the Thai house master who reports you or should so.

Archived