TM30 Experience

CMBob

2 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

If your friend asked the condo manager, then yes its not their responsibility. If your friend asked the owner, then yes the owner is responsible. Its my understanding that if the house master fails to submit a TM30, thats between them and immigration, and they can fine them. 

If you are not the house master (owner of your own condo) then a TM30 does not concern you. If the owner/housemaster doesnt submit one, nothing to do with a tennant or hotel guest. 

Yeah and then the immigration won't be concerned with you or what you want. Catch 22?

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

If your friend asked the condo manager, then yes its not their responsibility. If your friend asked the owner, then yes the owner is responsible. Its my understanding that if the house master fails to submit a TM30, thats between them and immigration, and they can fine them. 

If you are not the house master (owner of your own condo) then a TM30 does not concern you. If the owner/housemaster doesnt submit one, nothing to do with a tennant or hotel guest. 

Your logic only points to people on short term visas or tourists. Long time 1yr extenders do a 90 day check in and yearly in city visa extension interview. Bad info my friend! If it is your arse, then it is your responsibility to make it happen by whom ever you need to.

For the record. I too can confirm it is logged into the immigration computer every time. Also can confirm that your home owner whomever that is needs to check you back in every time you stray from home coming back to home whether domestic or international abroad. If the hotel or place of night's stay doesn't sign you up asking for id, then never mind. Some guest houses just take the money is what I mean.

This enforced immigration rule is a Complete Load of Puppy poo poo though!

What I don't understand is how my wife is supposed to know about this.

I have been staying in CM for the last 17 years, first few years on visa exempt entry, then on Non-O multi basis of marriage.

I work contracts outside Thailand, and exit/enter around 8 or 10 times every year.

I only know about this now from Thaivisa.

Even if I missed some notification in my visa application form, is there some instruction on the TM6 (The half that is not stapled to my PP?)

Curious as to how the requirement is notified.

^ So once the tm30 is submitted to immigration what is returned to the house owner and then given to the foreigner to place in his/her Passport?... The receipt of notification part of page one of the. .pdf? - this makes no reference to any foreigner by name - all names are on page two

When doing a 90 day report what copy of the tm30 is immigration asking for a copy of?... again the receipt part makes no reference to a specific named foreigner?

1 hour ago, sfokevin said:

^ So once the tm30 is submitted to immigration what is returned to the house owner and then given to the foreigner to place in his/her Passport?... The receipt of notification part of page one of the. .pdf? - this makes no reference to any foreigner by name - all names are on page two

When doing a 90 day report what copy of the tm30 is immigration asking for a copy of?... again the receipt part makes no reference to a specific named foreigner?

The receipt part will have your name on it and a number filled in by hand by the immigration officer.

I filled my report 2 moths ago after 8 years , no fine.

Last month i came back from a holiday overseas , had to go to immigration with passport only so they made a new stamp on the same old receipt.

Cheers.

4 hours ago, sfokevin said:

The receipt of notification part of page one of the. .pdf? - this makes no reference to any foreigner by name - all names are on page two

Mine has my name on it (in the blank area just above the language "who notify the residence where aliens have stayed")....and my name is inserted there even though it was my landlord/owner who signed the TM30 as owner (although I did accompany him when he filed it).   The Receipt of Notification looks a fair amount like Receipt of Notification you get for doing your 90-day deal (excepting, of course, it doesn't mention 90 days and doesn't have a stamp when you must next report).

The second page of the TM30 form indeed has more detailed info about the foreigner (name, nationality, passport number, port of entry, etc.) but no part of that page becomes the Receipt mentioned.

Hi,

I did this TM30 form (with condo managment) many years ago, and get a receipt and kept in my passport. Leaving the country for holidays if I remember, the immigration officer told me that this TM30 should not be in my passport, but must be kept on me or anywhere else, but not in the passport ... so many years passed, new passport etc, and I have now no idea where this small piece of paper is.

Do you think  If I am going to Airport, they can print it again for me ? Or Do I have to do it again ? Anyone tried it before ?

Thks

Phil.

1 minute ago, khunphil said:

Hi,

.... if I remember, the immigration officer told me that this TM30 should not be in my passport, but must be kept on me or anywhere else, but not in the passport ... so many years passed, new passport etc, and I have now no idea where this small piece of paper is.

Do you think  If I am going to Airport, they can print it again for me ? Or Do I have to do it again ? Anyone tried it before ?

The Immigration Officer told me to keep the Receipt in my passport....and he stapled it there (where it remains).  Yes, since you've already filed one, they'll have it on their computer and I would think there would be no problem going out there, telling them you lost the TM30 Receipt of Notification, and I would think they'll print out a new one for you.  For people that come into and out of the country a lot, I would guess that they occasionally will replace the Receipt with a new one as the form isn't that big and the circular stamp they use every time is about 2 inches in diameter.

KhunPhil, unfortunately I don't think this will work. My wife filed a TM30 a couple of years ago but, when I took the old receipt slip in to renew/update/...? a couple of weeks ago, they said that there was no record of the earlier filing and we had to do the whole thing again. 

Thanks for answers ... so we need it for renewing 90 days , understood ... but as I am leaving the country before my 90 days for a business trip, do you know if they are asking for it at entering the country ?

Other question : I would be changing apartment maybe at the end of the year ... so I will have to do again, as soon as I register there. Exact ?

Phil.

1 hour ago, khunphil said:

Thanks for answers ... so we need it for renewing 90 days , understood ... but as I am leaving the country before my 90 days for a business trip, do you know if they are asking for it at entering the country ?

Other question : I would be changing apartment maybe at the end of the year ... so I will have to do again, as soon as I register there. Exact ?

Phil.

You're leaving before your 90-day address report is due so your new 90-day time period will start when you return.  As to whether Chiangmai Immigration is requiring proper TM30 forms to be filed before allowing the filing of a 90-day address report, I don't personally know that (although 2-3 people (see this and another thread) are saying that Immigration and/or visa agents are beginning to make that claim). 

When you re-enter, nobody at the involved airport Immigration queue is going to bother with the TM30 form but, presuming you're returning to the same address, you're supposed to go out and re-register (technically within 24 hours but they've told me "within 7 days" a couple of times).  If you return to another address or later move, your landlord is supposed to file a TM30 for you then (but, presuming you get the proper document copies from him, you can file it for your landlord as "possessor" of the property). 

If/when Chiangmai Immigration truly requires a proper TM30 to be filed before accepting any 90-day reports or before approving an annual extension, then a whole lot of people will be scrambling to get a TM30 filed. 

• 2 weeks later...

I think a change may have happened, possibly as they realise the workload they might be getting.

I was under the understanding that if you go stay in another place in Thailand, maybe a hotel where they register your stay with IMM, you have to get to your local IMM and re-report address.

We were told quite clearly today at CM IMM that internal travel does not require any subsequent visit to IMM.

We were also told that external travel does require a visit to IMM within a reasonable time..

I can vouch for what  we were clearly told with a repeat of the same question for certainty.

I can't guarantee it's veracity, but it was straight from the source.

Can I ask a question?

I am under the impression the TM30 Receipt Slip which goes in your passport stays there when you travel abroad and is simply stamped on your subsequent visit to IMM. My wife disagrees and says they remove it.

Am I right?

Never seen them remove a 90 day report, and I got the same story last week about internal travel.  What % of farang even have a tm30 in their passport?  Maybe once an IO took it because they had never seen one.....I have mine along with the receipt for my fine with the details of my confession.

On 10/10/2016 at 4:59 PM, CMBob said:

If/when Chiangmai Immigration truly requires a proper TM30 to be filed before accepting any 90-day reports or before approving an annual extension, then a whole lot of people will be scrambling to get a TM30 filed. 

I now do 90 day reports and annual visa extension through Assist Thai visa.  They did my 90 day report last week.  "So a TM30 is not required for a 90 day?" I asked.  "Not yet, but TM30 are now required for annual extensions.  We've needed one for every extension we've done for the last 2 months."

"Does your landlord have to go to immigration?"

"No, they can do the TM30 online through the Thai immigration website including the first time with the fine."

Can anyone verify this last part?

1 hour ago, luther said:

I now do 90 day reports and annual visa extension through Assist Thai visa.  They did my 90 day report last week.  "So a TM30 is not required for a 90 day?" I asked.  "Not yet, but TM30 are now required for annual extensions.  We've needed one for every extension we've done for the last 2 months."

"Does your landlord have to go to immigration?"

"No, they can do the TM30 online through the Thai immigration website including the first time with the fine."

Can anyone verify this last part?

I doubt if "private" landlords, like those with only one house to rent out, have access to the same system as hotels, and therefore cannot do the TM30 online, plus the fact that many of them have never heard of TM30.

I have a specific question, I would be grateful if anyone has a proven answer within exactly this terms (the whole thread is full of variations which can be a little misleading):

Terms:

-I am the owner of a condo, I have both blue and yellow book

-I already have a TM30 filled out a few weeks ago (my wife, also foreigner, did it while I was away and yes she had to pay fine of 1,600B at Airport Immigration, the amount is not per head but per family)

-I travel abroad often, maybe 1-2 per month, but always come back to the same address

Question

do I have to submit a TM-30 every time I come back to Thailand???

(and if answer is yes, can I do it online and at which site)

thanks in advance

8 hours ago, cheeryble said:

Can I ask a question?

I am under the impression the TM30 Receipt Slip which goes in your passport stays there when you travel abroad and is simply stamped on your subsequent visit to IMM. My wife disagrees and says they remove it.

Am I right?

You're right (and I'll let you tell your wife she's wrong if you have the courage....hehe).  On subsequent visits, all you have to do is show up with your passport [you don't need to prepare a new TM30 form (oh....unless you're returning to a different address) or have other documents with you].  They'll simply look you up on their computer and then place another circular stamp on the same TM30 Receipt you have in your passport.  Takes maybe 5 minutes if they're not too busy back there.

I was at Airport Immigration yeserday picking up my marriage visa and stopped in at the office at the back and asked if I need to report back to them if I travel within Thailand and was told yes, but only if my passport details were taken when I checked into a hotel, since that would update my status on the computer. 

Archived