TM30 Experience

CMBob

Your Chinese friends are not correct, and last week I did not have to provide it for my annual extension at Promenada.

Some visa agents want to be sure this document has been submitted so they don't get "called out" if it hasn't been done, so they ask for a copy of the receipt that the housemaster is suppose to have. If the person hasn't traveled since the TM30 was submitted (i.e. the departure card number on the TM30 is the same as the one in the person's passport) there is no need to file another TM30.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As of 1 August at the CM Airport Investigations Office, it was NOT necessary after a return from out of country to do anything other than have the existing TM30 receipt (kept in the passport) "validated" by an additional stamp.  Again, it was not necessary to submit a new form of any sort.  This confirms exactly the same experience one month prior at the same location.  The receipt from the original report should be kept in the passport.  It can even be copied and reduced for convenience.  The process took less than five minutes including a short wait.

The officer (different one each time) confirmed that a new TM30 report is only necessary should a foreigner move his or her place of previously reported residence.  In that case, the householder must submit a new report.

If the householder is not available, the foreigner may submit a new report IF he or she has authorization from the householder. A copy of the form provided by Immigration is attached.

Foreigners not living in private residences should check with their management regarding initial reports and returns to the residence after trips away.

It may be that frequent travelers might need to get a new receipt copy since the old receipt might end up "over-stamped" or mutilated after time.  That can be done simply by the officer just ripping off a blank receipt from a blank TM30 form and filling it in.  Voila!  No new householder report needed until the foreigner moves.

Partners who are noted jointly on an original report (page 2) by the householder have one name inked in on the receipt below the name of the first partner listed by the receiving officer if only one receipt is provided.  Just photocopy it so that each partner has a copy in his or her passport.  That suffices for individual travel.  There is even space there to ink in the names of dependents who appear on the initial report.  Just crank up the photocopier.

What is the experience now with reporting at Promenada ?

TM30 Proxy Form.pdf

• 1 month later...
On 17 February 2016 at 11:20 PM, LivinLOS said:

Immigration have clearly told me its every trip, where you use another accomodation (hence 24h) as this then generates a new TM30.. any hotel stay and it should be any stay with a private person too.

Mine is a total mess, my landlord is a judge, I havent spoken to him in 5 months, hes often in bangkok and Patts doing cases, never answers his phone, no way hes doing it.. Hes just ignored the whole thing. Immigration are pissed and say 'theres a fine on the system for him' but now say they cannot do my new TM28 having just flown in again until the fine is paid.

So I have the officers number, and make a point of dropping in to point out "been away, am back, not my fault' and have her private mobile number. The whole system is one with huge glaring holes, and simply a fine the farang mentality to drive it.

I also pointed out I may be flying in and out the country every few days later this summer.. Do they really think a judge is going to drive from bangkok to do this every time I come and go, every few days ?? She just sighed and rolled her eyes.. She said 'the Junta have told them they must track all non Thais' so this is the system.

ive also been told that but i doubt they bother to much as long as its done at least each time you leave country 

On 20 February 2016 at 9:40 AM, LivinLOS said:

In (friendly) discussion with the immigration captain in my pointing out how this system simply cant work in many situations.. She told me that once my landlord clears his fine, maybe he / I could sign up online (private householder) and I do my own TM30s on his behalf to stop him being fined..

I of course pointed out its not my job, and its the system which is flawed, but it was suggested that it could be used for a private house rental, and even that I as tennant and TM28 person, could in this case do it for him.

Just comes back around to it being a joke of a system.. Poorly thought out and implemented, and based as I said months ago at the start, on fining farangs to force the compliance of their landlords, which I refuse to do. Its also another straw on the camels back of people here long term, trying to comply and be legal. Its not 'the reason' but among many of the last 2 or 3 years has me establishing a foothold outside of the country again after 14 years. I dont especially want to, and it will be an expense to run another home somewhere with cars and the like, but I am not going to be a boiling frog gradually cooking by degrees and need to have the options in place to retain a clear perspective.

you can refuse as much as you want but in end it wont do you any good at all believe me after being here 30+ years best just go along with it even if its not your job 

11 hours ago, icare999 said:

you can refuse as much as you want but in end it wont do you any good at all believe me after being here 30+ years best just go along with it even if its not your job 

got it handled.. Have a house in europe !! 

I wont do extensions any more.. Only 1 year visas and 90 days with holidays.. 

My refusals working out just fine so far. 

Spot on. This is unfeasible for anyone working/traveling. So either I'll get the next extension in BKK or just a visa as you said. Not interested in this local timewasting pointless BS. Hope they figure it out in the next 5 years.

13 hours ago, LivinLOS said:

got it handled.. Have a house in europe !! 

I wont do extensions any more.. Only 1 year visas and 90 days with holidays.. 

My refusals working out just fine so far. 

Yep I am thinking of something similar when we move back.

Either do as MadMac said & register in another Jangwat at inlaws home etc or

do a yearly visa or a multi entry...

But have to agree CM Imm has become an overtly corrupt mafia that is obviously allowed too much leash.

Other areas do not report such nonsense

CM immigration... Went to Bangkok 1 night the other day and came back home to CM. Yes, we have to check back in every time. I am thinking better to chip us. Very much infringement on privacy and human dignity.

Anyway, don't be fooled, it is every time you travel and check in on radar at any hotel. .

CM immigration are ok, just do what they want/need you to do.

Still a bummer as we are 3rd class people with virtually no chance to become Thai or a real resident. So sad of then..

On 14 May 2016 at 10:20 AM, tolsti said:

The Condo management are there to look after the common area in accordance with the Condominium Act, not to control who lives there. Very nice that your management do this for you but they should have told Immigration to go away and talk to the co-owners as they are the ones responsible for their tenants and reporting for the purposes of the TM 30.

Nonsense condo managment are there as directed by co owners so co owners who let

out are happy for them to do it. If you dont like it and are an owner bring it up at annual GM meeting of owners and ask doe a vote. Also if you dont get it done they will refuse your visa and tell you to pay fine until they will renew it. Go with flow its no real hardship or do you prefer to try and fight everything you dont like here in which case your totally wasting your time. 

Went to buiding 3 today to make TM 30 report, finned 1600 baht!

Given a receipt for the report and a receipt for the offense, paper states I have been charged of (printed with a rubber Thai stamp) something.

Arrived Chiang Mai on Friday, I work outside Thailand. Immigration closed on weekends so can't report. I always stay in a Condo unit in purchased in my name. Showed chanute and utility receipts. I filed this 30 TM once already when I purchased the condo (years ago).

50 or 60, does it matter? The penalty is 1600 baht. Now I know and have no problem stopping by building 3 everytime I return even though some of the most knowledgeable think the law is being misinterpreted. Thailand Elite recently sent notification to all members stating TM30 is required every time. I thought I was OK writing address on arrival card. I have no other reason to go to Imm now they don't do COR. By the way what I saw today (angry old people complaining in loud voice and "hipsters" dressed in rags, covered by piercings and tatoos) I feel for the immigration staff there. If it was not for people making these reports the office would have been empty. People are having problems getting extentions etc. as their landlords are not complying or in BKK, etc.

44 minutes ago, Dipterocarp said:

50 or 60, does it matter? The penalty is 1600 baht.

No, suppose it doesn't.  But I don't believe you weren't fined because of your entry on Friday* but because you had 50-60 other times that you didn't report.  Once you have your TM30 Receipt of Notification, all you need is show up and they'll re-stamp the same form in your passport.  Given you're back and forth so much, it'll be a pain for you and I would think they'd put in a new Receipt of Notification form in your passport once they plaster the original with a load of stamps.

*They've made it very clear to me that I can show up for the re-stamping within 7 days of coming back into the country (in spite of the law supposedly saying 24 hours).  I re-entered the country again on September 10th and went to get my "re-stamping" when I got around to it 5 days later (and they were perfectly happy with that).

Logically, if you arrive on a Friday, the earliest you could report is Monday

Immigration are not open at the weekend

Therefore, as suggest the fine was for NOT PREVIOUSLY REPORTING, not arriving on a Friday then reporting later

Not sure if legally, a grace period is allowed?

No, suppose it doesn't.  But I don't believe you weren't fined because of your entry on Friday* but because you had 50-60 other times that you didn't report.  Once you have your TM30 Receipt of Notification, all you need is show up and they'll re-stamp the same form in your passport.  Given you're back and forth so much, it'll be a pain for you and I would think they'd put in a new Receipt of Notification form in your passport once they plaster the original with a load of stamps.

*They've made it very clear to me that I can show up for the re-stamping within 7 days of coming back into the country (in spite of the law supposedly saying 24 hours).  I re-entered the country again on September 10th and went to get my "re-stamping" when I got around to it 5 days later (and they were perfectly happy with that).

Nothing was attached to my passport. I got a receipt for the 1600 baht. Also a bit of paper, lower part of a single sheet with official stamp regarding my report.

If I lose that paper will I be finned by Immigration again?

Is it really OK if I do it within seven days? That would be more convenient.

They as in who are in the office will have the fine him/her or not final call. Crap shoot. They can fall back on that there is the 24hr computer log in (all in Thai) and that is the reason there is no excuse.... For me, the computer is the way if cannot stop in. Who wants another possible listed violation on the owners record. This law is the absolute worst.

And BTW. They told me  5 days ago u[on return from BKK that every hotel or guest house inside Thailand I stay at will register me, and then upon return to home, I/ WE ALL MUST REPORT IN. there was no if and or but(t) on that one.

These TM30 papers are not entered into the computer. Lose the slip, pay up again.

Simple solution, ignore the whole crap unless you really need to do something with CNX immigration in person and have no alternative like going elsewhere or sending a 90 days by mail.

25 minutes ago, MadMac said:

These TM30 papers are not entered into the computer. Lose the slip, pay up again.

Simple solution, ignore the whole crap unless you really need to do something with CNX immigration in person and have no alternative like going elsewhere or sending a 90 days by mail.

I returned from a short trip in August.  I went to the office in the back that is on the road to the airport to report (TM30). the following day.  They did enter information into a computer, then stamped the receipt that was in my passport.

Could be one would have to pay up again if they lost the slip, but I watched the lady input the information.

4 minutes ago, hml367 said:

I returned from a short trip in August.  I went to the office in the back that is on the road to the airport to report (TM30). the following day.  They did enter information into a computer, then stamped the receipt that was in my passport.

Could be one would have to pay up again if they lost the slip, but I watched the lady input the information.

May be the ones they don't charge 1600B. Not to leave traces. Who knows.

Friend of mine flew into Chiang Mai yesterday (Monday) and asked the manager / owner of his condo to complete the TM30 for him to take to Immigration today. They refused to complete the TM30 and said he had to do it and it was"nothing to do with them". What does he do, go to immigration and explain to them? Then what does immigration do if the the Housemaster/Owner won't comply?

Regards,

Joe

12 hours ago, MadMac said:

I was just there about 3 weeks ago and, as I noted elsewhere, had prepared the TM30 form and the raft of attachments which I handed to the officer along with my passport (with the TM30 Receipt of Notification stapled in it).  The officer handed me back all the paperwork and told me that you only need to show up with your passport after the first reporting at the same address.  He then went to his computer, pulled up the original filing information, and then re-stamped my TM30 Receipt of Notification.

So, yes, the filing is entered on their computer system.  If somebody loses their Receipt slip or for some reason never got one in the first place, I would think you can go back to the same Immigration office and they'll print out a new one for you. 

Yesterday, for the first time, I saw the printout generated by the online TM30 reporting and that paper looks quite different than the Receipt of Notification that I have.  Nancy has mentioned she gets that form from her condo management and staples it in her passport so perhaps she can confirm this comment.

4 minutes ago, Shoeless Joe said:

Friend of mine flew into Chiang Mai yesterday (Monday) and asked the manager / owner of his condo to complete the TM30 for him to take to Immigration today. They refused to complete the TM30 and said he had to do it and it was"nothing to do with them". What does he do, go to immigration and explain to them? Then what does immigration do if the the Housemaster/Owner won't comply?

Regards,

Joe

While I think their condo management people are being unhelpful and unreasonable (presuming they didn't file one online for the friend), it's actually the responsibility of the landlord (usually the owner of the unit) and not the management.  So, I'd think your friend ought to ask the landlord to file it.  Alternatively, they can file it themselves if they feel the need (but, to do so the first time, they'd need copies of the owner's tabien baan and ID card at a minimum along with the other stuff so some cooperation from the owner landlord would be needed).

What's frustrating about this whole TM30 deal is (1) there are a raft of people who never have one filed for them by their landlord (or condo management) and usually nothing seems to ever happen because of that and (2) rarely (but on occasion in the last year or so) somebody reports that Immigration or some visa agent won't do this or that service until a proper TM30 is filed and occasionally we're hearing about somebody being fined for not filing it.  Supposedly only the owner/landlord can be fined as it's that person's responsibility to file it.

19 minutes ago, Shoeless Joe said:

Regards,

Joe

If your friend asked the condo manager, then yes its not their responsibility. If your friend asked the owner, then yes the owner is responsible. Its my understanding that if the house master fails to submit a TM30, thats between them and immigration, and they can fine them. 

If you are not the house master (owner of your own condo) then a TM30 does not concern you. If the owner/housemaster doesnt submit one, nothing to do with a tennant or hotel guest. 

The impression that I am getting at the moment after renewing my extension , is that you may not be granted an extension unless a TM30 is filed and entered on their system.

Whilst  I was at building 3 at the airport immigration site filing my own and wife TM30 a chap beside me was told that he needed the landlord to file a report . at which the person said he did not know how to contact his landlord, basically the reply was that is not our problem from the immigration officer, the chap was getting really agitated as he had an extension to renew.

As has been stated before allow enough time to contact your landlord  so they may file a report.

BTW it all may change tomorrow and we will all need a TM????

PS lived here 3 years never filed one before and yes I did get fined 1600 Baht

I arrived from Sweden 3 weeks ago. I wrote my name on arrival card. Have spouse O-visa. I have Yellow book and last week a nice officer at my Amphur Hang Dong give me the pink ID.  We live in our house since four years ago.

As I understand. Now - my wife have to report me - as staying at the home adress on TM 30?

The next time I have  errands at CM Immigration, they will fee me 1600 bath?

Archived