TM30 Experience

CMBob

Where are the "Many reports of fines at the airport office"?

As I reported, my wife was NOT fined...

Be careful Nancy, once again making veiled insinuations.

Ooooooh, look, the internet police are back again. We are all grateful for the warning, Sergeant Website Monitor. Carry on smartly with your life's calling.

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a desk set up at Imm. Prom. for accepting TM28/TM30 reports and no accounts here on Thai visa of anyone being fined for submitting late reports there. The officers at Imm. Prom. are working in the open and I've never seen them collect fines in the times I've been at Imm. Prom. -- and I do try to watch everything going on. Actually, officers at that desk are very helpful in explaining a confusing process to landlord/renter pairs who come for service.

Many reports of fines at the airport office. At the airport office the reports are submitted in their "investigations" buildings behind the building that we normally use. That should tell you something. Those dudes are out for blood! Plus their work done in a closed environment where no one can observe what is going on. All the better for collecting "fines".

Thank you NancyL and all the others who have made positive replies. I hope I have all the answers I need for now on this subject!

Back to the OP who started this topic and thank you for starting it!

This is a quote from Ubonjoe

There seems to be somebody misinterpreting section 38 of the immigration act. The TM30 report is only needed once when the alien moves into the residence.

Section 38 : The house – master , the owner or the possessor of the residence , or the hotel manager where the alien , receiving permission to stay temporary in the Kingdom has stayed , must notify the competent official of the Immigration Office located in the same area with that hours , dwelling place or hotel, within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the alien concerned.

There is certainly no requirement to report every time they leave the residence for more than 24 hours. I think there is misunderstanding or perhaps misinformation about what immigration is asking for.

Possessor of the residence would be the person renting the property and was clarified in other TM30 topics in the Visa forum.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/877875-tm30-after-hotel-stay/

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/873945-thai-wife-has-to-register-falang-husbands-whereabouts/

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/871613-house-owner-report-to-immigration/

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/871350-tm30s-and-visa-extensions-nation-wide/

Immigration have clearly told me its every trip, where you use another accomodation (hence 24h) as this then generates a new TM30.. any hotel stay and it should be any stay with a private person too.

Mine is a total mess, my landlord is a judge, I havent spoken to him in 5 months, hes often in bangkok and Patts doing cases, never answers his phone, no way hes doing it.. Hes just ignored the whole thing. Immigration are pissed and say 'theres a fine on the system for him' but now say they cannot do my new TM28 having just flown in again until the fine is paid.

So I have the officers number, and make a point of dropping in to point out "been away, am back, not my fault' and have her private mobile number. The whole system is one with huge glaring holes, and simply a fine the farang mentality to drive it.

I also pointed out I may be flying in and out the country every few days later this summer.. Do they really think a judge is going to drive from bangkok to do this every time I come and go, every few days ?? She just sighed and rolled her eyes.. She said 'the Junta have told them they must track all non Thais' so this is the system.

This is a quote from Ubonjoe

There seems to be somebody misinterpreting section 38 of the immigration act. The TM30 report is only needed once when the alien moves into the residence.

Section 38 : The house – master , the owner or the possessor of the residence , or the hotel manager where the alien , receiving permission to stay temporary in the Kingdom has stayed , must notify the competent official of the Immigration Office located in the same area with that hours , dwelling place or hotel, within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the alien concerned.

There is certainly no requirement to report every time they leave the residence for more than 24 hours. I think there is misunderstanding or perhaps misinformation about what immigration is asking for.

Possessor of the residence would be the person renting the property and was clarified in other TM30 topics in the Visa forum.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/877875-tm30-after-hotel-stay/

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/873945-thai-wife-has-to-register-falang-husbands-whereabouts/

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/871613-house-owner-report-to-immigration/

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/871350-tm30s-and-visa-extensions-nation-wide/

Immigration have clearly told me its every trip, where you use another accomodation (hence 24h) as this then generates a new TM30.. any hotel stay and it should be any stay with a private person too.

Mine is a total mess, my landlord is a judge, I havent spoken to him in 5 months, hes often in bangkok and Patts doing cases, never answers his phone, no way hes doing it.. Hes just ignored the whole thing. Immigration are pissed and say 'theres a fine on the system for him' but now say they cannot do my new TM28 having just flown in again until the fine is paid.

So I have the officers number, and make a point of dropping in to point out "been away, am back, not my fault' and have her private mobile number. The whole system is one with huge glaring holes, and simply a fine the farang mentality to drive it.

I also pointed out I may be flying in and out the country every few days later this summer.. Do they really think a judge is going to drive from bangkok to do this every time I come and go, every few days ?? She just sighed and rolled her eyes.. She said 'the Junta have told them they must track all non Thais' so this is the system.

If you can not arrange documents with that addess and you feel compelled to arrange documents, just find a new address to do it with.

Or find another way to file the TM 28 and perhaps the absent TM 30 will go unnoticed. Have an agent, lawyer or friend drop it off saying you are sick? Can't this be done at Prominade or Airport? By mail?

Many of these immigration issues result from too much talking, perhaps your's is not that way but give it some thought.

At least send your landlord a registered letter explaining your problem and keep a copy so you have some record of trying to do what you feel that you have been asked.

^^ Its simply not my problem.. They want to go chase my landlord and fine him.. Fine you go knock yourself out.. I havent seen him in 5 months and no I dont have his address.. they have his ID card from my lease, they want him, they can do it. I signed a 3 year deal and he hasnt once visited, come to collect his mail, answer his phone, or anything.

I will do what I must do.. If I must report TM28s every movement, I will (I fly in friday night and leave monday ?? Thats workbale !!) when I can.. But if they want to make a dumb system that doesnt work, I am not responsible for it.. They want Thai people who rent property to do TM30 reports, fine deal with the Thai people involved. I am just the tennant. Its not my problem !! I also see no reason to even tell my landlord when I come and go.. Which can be as much as multiple times in a week, the whole implementation is a joke.

My last landlady of 5 years lived in switzerland.. I saw her once every year or two.. We sent SMS or emails.. Welcome to 2016, the idea every householder is sitting waiting to waste a day going and making reports in person every time I come and go is just farcical. They have invented a system that is so poorly thought through it cannot actually work on the kind of scale. When I point this out to the nice lady officer she just says things like "we dont intend to be too strict" or just kind of sighs and says "this is what the Junta told us we have to do".

So I go to do my TM28s.. When their system cant process it I just remind them I came.. I have the captains number to call in case anyone tries to fine me for it. Anything else is not in my control, I cannot force a Thai judge to go and comply with a Thai law, and he doesnt have the time to do so, is not here to do so, and does not know my movements to do so.. Smart system !!

All interesting theories, which nobody, incl. immigration officials, understand.

In the past it was required for businesses, such as hotels, to register their guests. Just as ubonjoe wrote.

Now someone (on both sides) got nervous through too much talking and rumors, and all the chaos started.

I am the owner of our house through usufruct with chanot entry. I certainly don't rent out to myself, so it's not a business. My wife can not legally make a TM30 report, as she is not the owner. I can not as I am the farang. So what the heck?

What would be the website for the mentioned online report? At least could give this a try as this should be a centralized system, not local interpretation.

Now someone (on both sides) got nervous through too much talking and rumors, and all the chaos started.

Captain at the airport told me that this was a direct top down command, that came right after the Erawan bombing.

You must know where all foreigners are at all times, within 24 hours.. Make it happen !!

Typical military paranoia and top down command.

MadMac, I have the same situation as you

As you own the house, you are the 'Housemaster', you need to complete TM30 and submit it to Imm Prom

I copied the relevant pages in my passport and copied my Yellow book

Both my wife and I are foreigners, so on the second form, I have myself and wife

FYI - I have never completed the form before, and I have lived here 13 years

The reason why I submitted the TM30 now, is I expect going forward IMM will check, and if you do not have then, maybe no visa extension and fines

Also, at present NO FINES at Imm Prom

Also from now on, when I return from overseas, I will submit within 24 hours

Yeah, well, my yellow tabien baan is from BKK as I own another house there :). But that I wont tell the local immi here, probably they can't comprehend and this would completely throw them out of any script they have...

Will try the TM30 when we're back from Europe end of May. New extension is due in June and it's better to have all what they may eventually ask for rather than missing something.

Captain at the airport told me that this was a direct top down command, that came right after the Erawan bombing.

You must know where all foreigners are at all times, within 24 hours.. Make it happen !!

My work permit, driving licence, bank account used to show immigration my bank balance, 90 day report and annual renewal all have my address on it, but they still don't know where I am?

My work permit, driving licence, bank account used to show immigration my bank balance, 90 day report and annual visa renewal all have my address on it, but they still don't know where I am?
And my wife's blue housebook, which is relevant since I'm on a spousal visa. If I go away for the night any hotel I stay in notifies immigration. My address hasn't changed for about 25 years either....... you've got to laugh.

My work permit, driving licence, bank account used to show immigration my bank balance, 90 day report and annual renewal all have my address on it, but they still don't know where I am?

Not when you go check into a hotel.. Then move to another hotel... Then go back 'home' then go to a Thai persons home..

Thats what 24h reporting is supposed to solve.. But the system is just hopeless and in its current design cant work.

And your phone no if they were really concerned biggrin.png

After 15 years of 90 day reporting and extending work permits,retirement visas etc I frankly have given up on there ever being any rational approach to

the whole issue of our "temporary " status.

And your phone no if they were really concerned biggrin.png

After 15 years of 90 day reporting and extending work permits,retirement visas etc I frankly have given up on there ever being any rational approach to

the whole issue of our "temporary " status.

Congratulations you finally made it, now you can relax and enjoy your day.

I did a TM30 with my landlord a couple of weeks ago, and a TM28. The staff member stapled the receipts for both in my passport. Seeing what's been going on here I also asked her if the landlord has to do a new TM 30 every time I enter LOS after a trip out. She said "yes, but you can do it too". Landlord signature etc only needed on first one.

Problem is, it doesn't matter what whoever thinks or even how 100% right they are, it's what the people in the uniforms behind the desk are working to.

Next time someone goes there for TM30, could you please ask for the website to do the online reporting, that was mentioned earlier here (not the 90 days).

I was told they (the householder or their agent) needs to go in person the first time to set this up..

Some members on here are doing it so they can confirm.

^ The online system is intended for hotels and accommodation providers. So it's not for guests/foreigners to use themselves.

( Also the website is seriously crap and basically requires an ancient version of Internet Explorer to work. )

In (friendly) discussion with the immigration captain in my pointing out how this system simply cant work in many situations.. She told me that once my landlord clears his fine, maybe he / I could sign up online (private householder) and I do my own TM30s on his behalf to stop him being fined..

I of course pointed out its not my job, and its the system which is flawed, but it was suggested that it could be used for a private house rental, and even that I as tennant and TM28 person, could in this case do it for him.

Just comes back around to it being a joke of a system.. Poorly thought out and implemented, and based as I said months ago at the start, on fining farangs to force the compliance of their landlords, which I refuse to do. Its also another straw on the camels back of people here long term, trying to comply and be legal. Its not 'the reason' but among many of the last 2 or 3 years has me establishing a foothold outside of the country again after 14 years. I dont especially want to, and it will be an expense to run another home somewhere with cars and the like, but I am not going to be a boiling frog gradually cooking by degrees and need to have the options in place to retain a clear perspective.

^ The online system is intended for hotels and accommodation providers. So it's not for guests/foreigners to use themselves.

( Also the website is seriously crap and basically requires an ancient version of Internet Explorer to work. )

In (friendly) discussion with the immigration captain in my pointing out how this system simply cant work in many situations.. She told me that once my landlord clears his fine, maybe he / I could sign up online (private householder) and I do my own TM30s on his behalf to stop him being fined..

I of course pointed out its not my job, and its the system which is flawed, but it was suggested that it could be used for a private house rental, and even that I as tennant and TM28 person, could in this case do it for him.

Just comes back around to it being a joke of a system.. Poorly thought out and implemented, and based as I said months ago at the start, on fining farangs to force the compliance of their landlords, which I refuse to do. Its also another straw on the camels back of people here long term, trying to comply and be legal. Its not 'the reason' but among many of the last 2 or 3 years has me establishing a foothold outside of the country again after 14 years. I dont especially want to, and it will be an expense to run another home somewhere with cars and the like, but I am not going to be a boiling frog gradually cooking by degrees and need to have the options in place to retain a clear perspective.

the benefactor of the lodged tm30 is you. you will need it for your next extension. as a tenant, a rent paying occupier of a dwelling, you become the possessor. there is nothing preventing you from filing your own tm30.

you do that, you get your receipt and you will get your extension without hassle.

it does not matter what you and i think about how 'poorly thought out and implemented' this is - the majority of government regulations all over the world fall into this category. it matters that you or someone else does not get fined next time you show up at immigration.

I took both the TM30, filled in by me, signed by the missus, and the TM28 to Promenada yesterday. Since the desk was initially unattended there was a short wait of maybe 10 minutes and then it was quickly processed (no-one waiting besides me). The TM28 was given back to me as if it wasn't needed and was not filled in by the officer, possibly because the TM30 is in my wife's name, and the Receipt of Notification was given to me. No fine.

I finally got to see Promenada, or at least a tiny part of it. It's a mall.

the benefactor of the lodged tm30 is you. you will need it for your next extension. as a tenant, a rent paying occupier of a dwelling, you become the possessor. there is nothing preventing you from filing your own tm30.

you do that, you get your receipt and you will get your extension without hassle.

it does not matter what you and i think about how 'poorly thought out and implemented' this is - the majority of government regulations all over the world fall into this category. it matters that you or someone else does not get fined next time you show up at immigration.

Go tell that to the airport immigration boss.. They have stated the owner, or the owners agent, or the owners friend or even (tee hee) the owners gik, can do it.. I on the other hand CAN NOT do my own TM30. The only person in the world it seems who cant legally do it, is me !!

I am responsible for my TM28.. I will comply, as best as is possible, considering my hectic travel schedules..

I am not responsible for my landlords TM30 filing, I have no way to ensure he does it, I am not in communication with him, I hope to not even see him year to year.. They want him to do something, best they contact him !! He doesnt answer my (or anyones) phone calls.

Go tell that to the airport immigration boss.. They have stated the owner, or the owners agent, or the owners friend or even (tee hee) the owners gik, can do it.. I on the other hand CAN NOT do my own TM30. The only person in the world it seems who cant legally do it, is me !!

I am responsible for my TM28.. I will comply, as best as is possible, considering my hectic travel schedules..

I am not responsible for my landlords TM30 filing, I have no way to ensure he does it, I am not in communication with him, I hope to not even see him year to year.. They want him to do something, best they contact him !! He doesnt answer my (or anyones) phone calls.

He answers the mia noi's calls every time.

He answers the mia noi's calls every time.

Actually my understanding is, hes sitting in court most days.. Judge etc cant be answering the phone non stop.

But thats just how I like it.. Leave me alone, dont come snooping around, I want nothing from him and have zero desire to be friends or have social interaction.

The very idea I am going to report my comings and goings on a daily basis is laughable.. I barely tell the wife that, you think I am calling some random I have a business arrangement with to explain he needs to take a day off and report something !! Get real !!

Archived