Four Americans arrested in Bahrain

webfact

Four Americans arrested in Bahrain
By Azadeh Ansari and Schams Elwazer, CNN

(CNN)Four Americans have been arrested in Bahrain for entering the country using false information and allegedly participating in "attacks on police," according to a police statement released Monday.

Bahrain officials said some of the arrested Americans were members of the international media but "had not registered with the concerned authority and were involved in illegal activities."

The family of one of those arrested released a statement, identifying one of the journalists as Anna Therese Day. The other three Americans were not identified.

Full story: http://us.cnn.com/2016/02/15/middleeast/bahrain-americans-arrested/index.html

cnn.com.jpg
-- CNN 2016-02-16

Wow.......... although I am sure they will be released ....(sometime) don't expect the wringing of hands or the screaming you may have got if some other nation (Iran--China etc) had arrested them.....especially from <deleted> --fair & balance news.

They are in the good hands of one of the USA's democratic loving Friends....Saudi Arabia. ---Yes, Saudi Arabia lies to the west and is connected to Bahrain by the King Fahd Causeway---they also have the same enlighten outlook as the Saudi's . (Their women runners were stone by a mob some years ago for showing their legs while running in the Olympics)

In November of 2001, US president G.W. Bush administration designated Bahrain as a major non-NATO ally

Therefor ---Please no reporters to embarrass our friends..................................coffee1.gif

Wow.......... although I am sure they will be released ....(sometime) don't expect the wringing of hands or the screaming you may have got if some other nation (Iran--China etc) had arrested them.....especially from <deleted> --fair & balance news.

They are in the good hands of one of the USA's democratic loving Friends....Saudi Arabia. ---Yes, Saudi Arabia lies to the west and is connected to Bahrain by the King Fahd Causeway---they also have the same enlighten outlook as the Saudi's . (Their women runners were stone by a mob some years ago for showing their legs while running in the Olympics)

In November of 2001, US president G.W. Bush administration designated Bahrain as a major non-NATO ally

Therefor ---Please no reporters to embarrass our friends..................................coffee1.gif

They lied about being journalists and then sneaked into a Shi'a village in the middle of the annual Valentine's day tyre burning and molotov cocktail throwing fest carried out by gangs of unemployed (and unemployable) Shi'a yobs who carefully follow instructions from their Hezbollah and Guardian Council paymasters.

There have been major explosive finds in Bahrain this year. Iran is trying to stoke up a Syria-style uprising, although the demographics are the reverse of Syria.

These chumps will have their memory cards and laptops confiscated and be sent on their way soon enough, along with a "Mind your own business" message from the government.

As for "their women runners were stone by a mob some years ago for showing their legs while running in the Olympics", that's pretty amazing, because I wasn't aware Bahrain had ever been awarded the Olympics.

There was an incident a few years ago where a few of the said teenagers lobbed a few stones at the annual Charity Fundraising Marathon Relay a few goes, presumably having been sent there by the local Mullah.

They moved the race from the backward villages and it still happens every year and raises lots of money for local charities (some of which work for the benefit of the same communities that send out these hooligans to do their dirty sectarian work).

Bahrain is not like Saudi Arabia. It has bars, nightclubs, pork in restaurants and shops, no laws against women wearing Western dress or driving cars, etc.

However, from what I hear the Shi'a would very much like to drag it back into the dark ages, just as they did in Iran.

Wow.......... although I am sure they will be released ....(sometime) don't expect the wringing of hands or the screaming you may have got if some other nation (Iran--China etc) had arrested them.....especially from <deleted>--fair & balance news.

Bahrain has been home of the US Navy's 5th Fleet since 1995...when Bill Clinton was president.

They lied about being journalists and then sneaked into a Shi'a village in the middle of the annual Valentine's day tyre burning and molotov cocktail throwing fest carried out by gangs of unemployed (and unemployable) Shi'a yobs who carefully follow instructions from their Hezbollah and Guardian Council paymasters.

There have been major explosive finds in Bahrain this year. Iran is trying to stoke up a Syria-style uprising, although the demographics are the reverse of Syria.

These chumps will have their memory cards and laptops confiscated and be sent on their way soon enough, along with a "Mind your own business" message from the government.

As for "their women runners were stone by a mob some years ago for showing their legs while running in the Olympics", that's pretty amazing, because I wasn't aware Bahrain had ever been awarded the Olympics.

There was an incident a few years ago where a few of the said teenagers lobbed a few stones at the annual Charity Fundraising Marathon Relay a few goes, presumably having been sent there by the local Mullah.

They moved the race from the backward villages and it still happens every year and raises lots of money for local charities (some of which work for the benefit of the same communities that send out these hooligans to do their dirty sectarian work).

Bahrain is not like Saudi Arabia. It has bars, nightclubs, pork in restaurants and shops, no laws against women wearing Western dress or driving cars, etc.

However, from what I hear the Shi'a would very much like to drag it back into the dark ages, just as they did in Iran.

I didn't say Bahrain was awarded the Olympic games Chicog---

But

They do take part in the Olympic games ,after the incident dressed like this---

Bahrain's Ruqaya Al Ghasara, a devout Muslim, was the first athlete to ever take part in an Olympics wearing a hijab.

Chicog-I do not find anything wrong with certain countries demanding a sense of modesty for their Athletes, There was an incident at the Sydney venue when beach ball was first featured as an Olympic sport---the officials had to back down when the Malay Indonesia & Japan all refused to play in Bikini swim suits for those games.--they Demanded & were granted to be able to wear shorts T shirts.

I know you spend some time in the area ----& your analyses of the situation may be correct---I admit--don't know.

My post was about "Watch the reaction or lack of it"

Last week a cartoonist had a problem with his visa because he also worked for another newspaper in the Middle east--but wanted a WP for Thailand......he was at first refused the WP....... it filled up pages of how bad the Thai's are....no respect for freedom of press etc..........These people have been arrested & placed in Jail----do you think this will get a response (page numbers wise) anywhere near what that did ?

Edited by metisdead
Copyrighted photo removed.

I didn't say Bahrain was awarded the Olympic games Chicog---

But

They do take part in the Olympic games ,after the incident dressed like this---

Bahrain's Ruqaya Al Ghasara, a devout Muslim, was the first athlete to ever take part in an Olympics wearing a hijab.

You said "Their women runners were stone by a mob some years ago for showing their legs while running in the Olympics".

The women runners in question were 99% expatriates, running in a Bahrain charity event. I don't recall any Bahraini (or any other) athlete having stones thrown at them at an Olympics. Do you?

And it was more than a decade ago when the IOC said Muslim women can wear headgear while competing. FIFA have also relaxed their rules.

What does this have to do with Four "journalists" sneaking into Bahrain and getting arrested for lying on their visa applications?

Would you expect me to get away with lying on my visa application to enter your country?

Edited by Chicog

DUBAI — An American journalist and her camera crew who were arrested in Bahrain and accused of participating in an illegal gathering have left the country after being released on Tuesday, their families said in a statement.

Bahrain had said security forces arrested four U.S. citizens on Sunday while they were "participating with a group of saboteurs who were carrying out riot acts" in the village of Sitra. They were found with cameras and computers.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/nation-and-world/4-us-journalists-arrested-bahrain-released-leave-country