Beautiful scarf, but what material?

Atum

Hello ladies. Today I bought a beautiful scarf at the new 'Outlet Mall Premium' in Kad Farang in Chiang Mai. The label was all in Thai, so I asked the clerks in the shop what material it was made of. They did not know, but claimed it was "made from a tree" and made in Thailand. I don't know which part of the tree they meant. The scarf is big, purple and cost 910 baht, discounted down from 1300 baht. It's a beautiful soft scarf with what feels like long fibres. It's not silk, I think. It has a warm feeling when you put it next to your skin, unlike silk which I think has a cold feeling to it. Anyone care to hazard a guess as to what material the scarf is made of. I am going to give it to my mother as a gift - and she is bound to ask me what the scarf is made from. Help! biggrin.png

Sorry, I'm not a lady.

Do you have the label it came with or does it have a care label?

Post a scan in the Thai Language forum.

I felt stupid enough already, but now... The scarf will be a gift, so I asked the shop to cut off the price tag. They did - and now I noticed that they also threw away the price tag. The scarf does not have a label sown to it, so the price tag was the only thing that had any information on it. And it did have info besides the price: Made in Thailand plus three very short sentences in Thai. But it's gone.

My wife tells me now that the scarf is made in Thailand from a tree with white flowers. I don't know if that will help.

I suppose I could go back to the shop and ask them to write down the name of the tree, in Thai. If they even know it.

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/Thai-Bamboo-Silk-Blend-Scarves_104281749.html

Thai Bamboo Silk Blend Scarves.
Made from bamboo Fiber and Thai Silk, Super soft scarves in 12 colors.

So, my scarf could be both silk and bamboo fiber.

I don't think I'm going to get much further on this -- I'll just tell my mother the scarf is made from both thai silk and thai bamboo. That has a nice ring to it - and it might even be true! tongue.png

Archived