90 Day Reporting

I normally do my 90 day reporting in BKK where I live, but timing wise it looks like I will be in Pattaya around the next 90 day reporting - I presume I can just do it there instead? (yeah, I know I can mail it, but will not bother with that). Cheers!

I normally do my 90 day reporting in BKK where I live, but timing wise it looks like I will be in Pattaya around the next 90 day reporting - I presume I can just do it there instead? (yeah, I know I can mail it, but will not bother with that). Cheers!

I too would like to have a definitive answer on this as, conversely, I will most probably be in Bangkok when my next report is due (I live in Pattaya).

As the sole purpose of the TM. 47 is to advise Immigration of your intention to stay longer than 90 days in the Kingdom, I would have thought that you could report to any Immigration Bureau.

However, the problem with that theory is that it is based on commonsense, which may well not apply... :o

Actually the TM.47 confirms your address. As you are required to report any change of address, by laws that are not always enforced, within 24 hours. So I would try to do it where you say you live myself.

That said I have used both locations in Bangkok; Suan Phlu and Ratchada One Stop. But I do note that the One Stop Center inputs data into computer now as you report so if this system is nationwide it really should not matter which office you use. Anyone used out of area offices?

Actually the TM.47 confirms your address. As you are required to report any change of address, by laws that are not always enforced, within 24 hours. So I would try to do it where you say you live myself.

That said I have used both locations in Bangkok; Suan Phlu and Ratchada One Stop. But I do note that the One Stop Center inputs data into computer now as you report so if this system is nationwide it really should not matter which office you use. Anyone used out of area offices?

Perhaps the TM. 47 does serve as a mechanism to confirm your address, but its primary purpose must surely be as the title of the form suggests?

TM47blank.pdf

The title of the form is Thai/English but what it means you are reporting your address after 90 day in Thailand.

The TM.7 that you obtained your extension of stay with told Immigration you were staying longer than 90 days.

From Pattaya Immigration Office web site:

Residence Notification the Aliens

An alien who has stayed in the Kingdom of Thailand over 90 days must notify his residence to immigration officer every 90 days.

The place :

- An alien who staying in Bangkok must notify at the immigration bureau.

- Others (staying up country) must notify at any immigration in his area.

I have no personal experience of what the deal is and have seen information from webs sites being incorrect before.

:o

I live in Chiang Kham, but at the time my first 90 day report was due I was in BKK to meet a friend on holiday. I went to the Suan Phlu office and submitted my TM47 there. It was accepted with no problem. The process took about an hour (I was a newbie and didn't know where to go). The person who processed my form told me I could go to Mae Sai or Chiang Mai if I wanted or I could mail in the next report. There was certainly no problem reporting in BKK.

Good luck

Dave

The title of the form is Thai/English but what it means you are reporting your address after 90 day in Thailand.

The TM.7 that you obtained your extension of stay with told Immigration you were staying longer than 90 days.

Sorry to disagree with you, but the English text on the form is an accurate translation of the Thai script as far as I can ascertain:

แบบการแจ้งอยู่เกินกว่า 90 วัน ของบุคคลต่างด้าว

(Baep gaan jaaeng yoo geuun gwaa gao sip wan khong buk khon dtang dtao)

seems to work quite well for: 'Form for alien to notify of staying longer than 90 days'.

Sorry to disagree with you, but the English text on the form is an accurate translation of the Thai script as far as I can ascertain:

'Form for alien to notify of staying longer than 90 days'.

If I were called upon to referee this bout I should say that Noel wins on points.

TM.47 does in fact say something to the effect of “Hello there. I have been in Thailand for 90 days now, and by the way, since you are asking me about it, my current address is so-and-so”

Of course, it could also be interpreted to mean "Hello there. Because I have now been in the country for 90 days already I feel duty-bound to report to you that my current address is so-and-so”. This would give the points to Lopburi.

As is my wont in such cases, I have dug to the bottom of it and asked myself “What is at the bottom of the requirement to submit this form?”, and I have come up with this from Section 37, paragraph 5 of the Immigration Act:

(5) ถ้าอยู่ในราชอาณาจักรเกินเก้าสิบวัน คนต่างด้าวผู้นั้นต้องมีหนังสือแจ้งให้พนักงานเจ้าหน้าที่ ณ กองตรวจคนเข้าเมืองทราบถึงที่พักอาศัยของตนโดยมิชักช้าเมื่อครบระยะเก้าสิบวัน และต่อไปให้กระทำเช่นเดียวกันทุกระยะเก้าสิบวัน ถ้าท้องที่ใดมีที่ทำการตรวจคนเข้าเมืองตั้งอยู่ จะแจ้งต่อพนักงานเจ้าหน้าที่ ณ ที่ทำการตรวจคนเข้าเมืองแห่งนั้นก็ได้

5. If the alien stays in the Kingdom longer than ninety days, such

alien must notify the competent official at the Immigration Division , in writing ,

concerning his place of stay , as soon as possible upon expiration of ninety days.

The alien is required to do so every ninety days. Where there is an Immigration

Office , the alien may notify a competent Immigration Official of that office.

Now, linguists to the fore! Why does the Immigration Act require the submission of TM.47:

1. to report the address

2. or to report the fact that one is staying longer than 90 days.

I am no linguist, but my money would be on number two, because the address reporting is in the main clause, whereas the mention of longer than 90 days is in the conditional clause (but these are probably not the correct grammatical terms. Let’s hear it from the professors! Or the lawyers?)

And does the original Thai text allow the same interpretation as the English translation?

---------------

Maestro

I live in Bangkok and usually do the 90 day report there but a couple of months ago I was in Pattaya and their was no problem doing the 90 day report although they did want a copy of my passport and copy of arrival card and visa.