trying to buy on aliexpress

what a joke aliexpress is. i placed an order on 2-17 for $66.21USD, payment accepted and credit card debited.

the next day 2-18 i get an email that my order was cancelled for security reasons and i will have to verify who i am. they reversed the charge to my account.

what a joke they are.

i guess they do not want customers. they state that this verification will be done for every order.

they will not get any business from me.

have other people had these issues??

what a joke aliexpress is. i placed an order on 2-17 for $66.21USD, payment accepted and credit card debited.

the next day 2-18 i get an email that my order was cancelled for security reasons and i will have to verify who i am. they reversed the charge to my account.

what a joke they are.

i guess they do not want customers. they state that this verification will be done for every order.

they will not get any business from me.

have other people had these issues??

I had to verify with Gearbest due to using my card from Australia and having the item delivered here, was easy to do and they thanked me and had no problems since.

Aliexpress is the problem. I had the same problem last year even though I had made more than 20 orders already. It took them 4 months to respond after I provided passport and all other kinds of information that they requested to prove I was legitimate.

Now only last month after having placed another 10-20 more orders all the sudden my credit cards (any of them) are not working even though they work everywhere else and I have plenty of credit.

I suspect they adjusted their algorithm and because my bank accounts are in the US and being shipped to Thailand it is causing problems. Can't be bothered to contact them again and wait 4 more months for them to reply.

Unfortunately I have not been able to find an alternative with the same prices. Any suggestions?

Edited by THAIJAMES

OP I don't agree with you at all. I have used them several times using an Australian credit card to pay for items and I've never had any problems other than one time which wasn't their fault.

I ordered a portable dental water flosser and the food and drug administration of Thailand gave me a hard time regarding its delivery and in the end I needed to obtain a letter from my dentist in support for allowing it to be imported into Thailandblink.png

other than that everything else through Ali express has been smooth and very satisfactorysmile.png

Yes, this is not uncommon on the first order with AliExpress especially if your debit/credit card registered address does not match the shipping address.

Happened to me on my first order with AliExpress where I used a U.S. credit card registered with a U.S. address but was shipping to my home address here in Bangkok. I did some googling and found out it was not an uncommon issue especially on their first order and when some addresses don't match-up.

The order initially took, but the next day it was cancelled from AliExpress for security reasons. I got an notice from then that I would need to send them a copy of the credit card (front side), copy of card statement, and copy of some ID....or something along those lines...this was basically required to prove I was actually the in procession and owner of the card. I scanned the stuff and emailed/uploaded it to them on my AliExpress account. I still have the email response I got from them a day or so later saying they had completed the security review and could now use the credit card for orders....see below for partial quote. I replaced the order and it went through fine, but I haven't ordered anything since simply because I haven't had a need to order from AliExpress again...and I really like the online tracking of the order's shipping status as it made it's way from China to Bangkok.

Congratulations, your payment information has been verified.
We have successfully reviewed and verified the documents you provided. You can now continue to use this card/bank account to make payments on AliExpress.com.
If you would like to reorder your previously cancelled orders, please visit My AliExpress > My Orders.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.
If you have any further questions, please visit our Help Center at http://help.aliexpress.com
Sincerely
AliExpress Order Verification Team

Yeap, what the OP experienced, and what I experienced, is not uncommon with AliExpress especially when card registration and shipping addresses do not match up....and I expected AliExpress has other security flags on certain orders. And I know it can be disconcerting to be asked to provide some copies of stuff to complete their security review with all the scammers out there...but in this case it's just AliExpress playing is safe with some orders/new customers.

I bought several times from AliExpress last year without any problem. smile.png

I paid with a Thai e-Card from KasikornBank and delivery at my adresse in Thailand.

Never got any "verification" problem with them.

As said above, if your card doesn't match the delivery country & address, I'm not surprised you get problems.