Stonebridge College UK

gunnerterry

I've been teaching in Thailand for some time now and although i have a degree, Thai culture, Tefl etc I only have a teachers waiver each year because my degree is not in education. My family is here and life is here so i want to stay. I have been researching distance learning courses in the Uk as that is where i am from and i have come across Stonebrideg college. It seems legit? Has anyone had dealings with them? They offer a 140 hr course equivalant to 36 credits in Certificate in Education and Training QCF Level 4 it costs just under 1000 pounds. I am considering asking Krusapha if this will be accepted but i'm mindful that it depends who you ask and answers and opinions change! Does anyone know for sure if this will be accepted as an education qualification?. I don't want to waste my money if it isn't! I'm also mindful that rules change rapidly in Thailand so i don't want to spend too much money and time for something that may not be necessary in the future.

i' ve enrol with them after that i received an email from NCFE themself stated as follow:
Thank you for contacting us about Stonebridge Associated Colleges.
They have been accredited with NCFE’s Investing in Quality (IIQ) Licence which is designed to give formal recognition to an organisation’s bespoke programmes that fall outside the Qualification and Credit Framework (QCF). The licence is based on a number of Quality Statements which provide a quality assurance framework for the development, delivery and evaluation of their programmes. We’ve mapped the Quality Statements to a range of standards: ISO 9001, Investors in People, EFQM, The Common Inspection Framework, The Matrix Standard; and Recognising and Recording Progression and Achievement (RARPA).
In summary, NCFE hasn’t accredited their course as a ‘qualification’ but through their IIQ Licence we do give formal recognition to their training/courses which result in the ‘award’ of a certificate of achievement.

After receiving this email i contacted them for cancellation and refund but up till now they are still playing me. but no matter how smarter they think they are in ripping people's off, i ll surely get my money bk.

i' ve enrol with them after that i received an email from NCFE themself stated as follow:

They have been accredited with NCFE’s Investing in Quality (IIQ) Licence which is designed to give formal recognition to an organisation’s bespoke programmes that fall outside the Qualification and Credit Framework (QCF). The licence is based on a number of Quality Statements which provide a quality assurance framework for the development, delivery and evaluation of their programmes. We’ve mapped the Quality Statements to a range of standards: ISO 9001, Investors in People, EFQM, The Common Inspection Framework, The Matrix Standard; and Recognising and Recording Progression and Achievement (RARPA).

In summary, NCFE hasn’t accredited their course as a ‘qualification’ but through their IIQ Licence we do give formal recognition to their training/courses which result in the ‘award’ of a certificate of achievement.

After receiving this email i contacted them for cancellation and refund but up till now they are still playing me. but no matter how smarter they think they are in ripping people's off, i ll surely get my money bk.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Looks like this course won't be good enough for Krusapha then! Wishing you good luck with getting your refund.

I didn't type this.................. just a copy and paste. Just incase the grammar police kick in. Thanks.