DHL offices

thainet

Have used both DHL and FedEx for shipments to UK / Dubai / Egypt / india.

Have found FedEx to be cheaper than DHL and no obvious difference in shipping times. So tend now to use FedEx.

The FedEx office is located on Naklua Road at Windmill Plaza. That's about 1/2 mile up from Dolphin roundabout on the right hand side.

• 1 month later...

The one in Thip Plaza is not a actual DHL shop, it is independently owned and they do NOT accept any responsibility for lost or delayed packages.

Kurt

That probably explains why their charges are so high. I had used them in the past but recently changed to FedEx which I found to be quite a bit cheaper - e.g. Dubai was Bt2,200 by DHL but Bt1,450 by FedEx.

However, I recently decided to give the DHL online service a go and was pleased with both the cost and the pickup / delivery efficiency. Again it was a document courier to Dubai (0.5kg) and was collected from my home in East Pattaya around noon and delivered to the address in Dubai around 4pm next day. Cost was Bt1,200. The driver phoned me to confirm my location and pitched up within 10-15mins of contact. It saved me the hassle of driving into Pattaya as well as being a cheaper option.

I certainly plan to use the online service again.

The one in Thip Plaza is not a actual DHL shop, it is independently owned and they do NOT accept any responsibility for lost or delayed packages.

Kurt

Incorrect. It is DHL's main Pattaya office and the only one listed on DHL's global website. I always get my inbound packages sent to that address for personal collection. I also drop off my outbound packages at the same office.

• 1 year later...

I'll start here, though I may have to start another thread concerning DHL Intl shipping. I have a document that needs to send here to Pattaya from Los Angeles, CA.. Is possible to pay for that document here, then have it picked up, or have the label send to the pick up address? Then  returned to a DHL office in L.A. and shipped to my local address here in Pattaya?

Thanks

DP.

Edited by Dillpickles98

On 4/24/2017 at 10:34 AM, Dillpickles98 said:

I'll start here, though I may have to start another thread concerning DHL Intl shipping. I have a document that needs to send here to Pattaya from Los Angeles, CA.. Is possible to pay for that document here, then have it picked up, or have the label send to the pick up address? Then  returned to a DHL office in L.A. and shipped to my local address here in Pattaya?

Thanks

DP.

I am not sure if DHL in the US allows for single package pickup/drop-off/collection for an individual via an online portal like DHL UK does but you can check. They may be like FedEx in that regard where an account needs to be set up first. AFAIK, you won't be able to pay in Thailand for a shipment that is originating in the US. Maybe you have someone who can do it for you from the US and you square away with them via online banking or PayPal, google wallet or similar? I have heard that revolut is a good payment method as well.

For example, I book and pay online for a DHL UK collection from my sisters home with ultimate delivery to me c/o DHL in Pattaya. I email the labels and customs declaration to my sister in the UK, who prints them out and does the needful at her end when the DHL guy comes to collect. Three days later, DHL calls me to come and collect at their Pattaya office.

Hi Nanlaew, I thought I'd be able to do the same, but here is the reply from DHL Thailand:

"Hi Khun Dillpickles98

Thank you for your enquiry through DHL website.

Please be advised that we provide the transport collect service to our corporate customer only, please advise your import account number (95/96XXXXXXX) if you are corporate customer.

Apologize that we could not support on your requirement if you do not have the import account number with us. 

We could only suggest you contact your sender to send as pre-paid from the United States to Thailand."

Just a thought to make things easier for the sender, he seems to be thinking I could do it the same as you. I was thinking I could fill out the DHL delivery form online, and send to him email, but that's not possible either. As you know our addresses can be complicated for someone not familiar. But I'll do as first thought, send him my address in email form and hope he gets correct.  I have one more option to call the DHL Office closest to him, and see if I do it that way. 

Thanks for the reply.

DP.  

Edited by Dillpickles98

1 hour ago, Dillpickles98 said:

Hi Nanlaew, I thought I'd be able to do the same, but here is the reply from DHL Thailand:

"Hi Khun Dillpickles98

Thank you for your enquiry through DHL website.

Please be advised that we provide the transport collect service to our corporate customer only, please advise your import account number (95/96XXXXXXX) if you are corporate customer.

Apologize that we could not support on your requirement if you do not have the import account number with us. 

We could only suggest you contact your sender to send as pre-paid from the United States to Thailand."

Just a thought to make things easier for the sender, he seems to be thinking I could do it the same as you. I was thinking I could fill out the DHL delivery form online, and send to him email, but that's not possible either. As you know our addresses can be complicated for someone not familiar. But I'll do as first thought, send him my address in email form and hope he gets correct.  I have one more option to call the DHL Office closest to him, and see if I do it that way. 

Thanks for the reply.

DP.  

Yes, DHL USA is very much geared towards the commercial customer rather than the private individual although I think one can still do a DHL drop-off in person at the likes of Kinko's and other similar businesses. FedEx are the same now. I set up an account with them quite a while ago which was handy as nowadays, they don't offer it to individuals any more. UPS is the worst IMHO since they will cancel your account if you don't use it which is a pain in the ass as setting up the account is a real chore.

If you (or your nominee) do go with DHL and use their online facilities, be aware that their drop down tables and look up lists for addresses in Thailand may reject the address if their database can't match it. For example Banglamung and Chonburi is the correct 'amphur-before-changwat' address format for Thailand Post but DHL online won't accept it unless it is reversed with Chonburi as the town and Banglamung as the state. Having the correct Thailand postal code doesn't solve that particular issue but will help in the long run.

Good luck!

PS. The main DHL office in Pattaya is the one in Thip Plaza but make sure that you include "c/o DHL" in the addressing as their published address of 219/1 M10 T. Nongprue covers ALL of the businesses operating in Thip Plaza! I had a cocked up shipment from the UK that some bright spark decided to send via UPS and omitted the 'c/o DHL'. I was lucky as the UPS delivery guy thought outside the box and wandered into DHL (rather than the cigar shop or restaurant that share the address) and left it there for me. The girl at DHL recognized my name and called me to advise it had arrived ... eventually!

Hi Nanlaew, Yeah now only use DHL, in Tipp Plaza. There is a delivery service area facility just walking distance from me, that only does deliverys in this area, on the RR Road near Soi khalnoi. 

Though I like making money just as anyone else, Fed Ex is not my preferred method. 2 yrs. ago they paid me a total of $400.00 plus the cost of shipping for lost documents. Sent from Thailand to the U.S., each time paid $100.00 plus shipping charges, sometimes lost in route, other times lost in the U.S.. That was just in one year, I have had a long history of stuff  being lost with Fed Ex. Unfortunately they will not insure documents, as I wanted to insure them for $10,000.00. Of course the clerk looked at me like I was crazy. I told her that's what they are worth to me. That Fed Ex office was also in Tipp Plaza, but no longer there now. 

DHL gets them there on time, and will call the delivery address if they miss the first attempt at delivery. I have my deliveries sent straight to the house, missed them once, doorbell battery dead at the gate. Went to their facility, and they called the motorbike guy who was in the area, and I met him at my gate. But the facility near me is only for deliveries in the area, they can't sent anything from there.

Thanks for sharing your experiences with me, I'll call the office nearest my U.S. residence and see if I can make it easier for my buddy to send it to me, if it was just documents, we'd do email but it's something I must process.  In the past I kept my U.S. Tax guy, at tax time it meant sending me forms to sign, and then send them back then finally we were doing it by email. I have since found a guy in Bangkok, cost a bit more, but I go home with all my paper work done, and don't have to wait until he's ready to send them. 

Thanks,

DP. 

Edited by Dillpickles98