Share your Pattaya/Jomtien breakfast wishlist here

thairookie

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My perfect Breakfast:

Fried egg - just one, fresh and cooked to perfection with firm whites, runny yokes - no crozzling!!

Scrambled eggs - two eggs, not too firm with a little diced onion and a light cheese coating.

Sausages - preferably a good pork breakfast sausage that isn't 95% breadcrumbs. Definitely not a Thai plastic sausage.

Bacon - preferably streaky that isn't full of water - three rashers thanks.

Hash browns - not the ones you buy at the supermarket or Mackers, but real home made ones.

Mushrooms - fresh (not canned), whole portabello and lightly sautéed in butter.

Beans - Heinz preferably.

Fried bread - cooked properly in dripping or lard. Yeah, 3 million calories a slice but uber tasty with the runny eggs.

Black pudding - just a little bit, and perhaps a little white pudding to boot.

Grilled tomatoes - fresh and not those disgusting canned abominations.

Lambs kidneys - grilled or fried.

Toast and Marmalade - I'll settle for Smuckers out here, it's not too bad.

And against my usual preference I'll finish with Tea rather than coffee. There's just something about the combined taste of tea and marmalade that brings back some fond childhood memories.

10 baht

4 tbs Rolled oats, 1 ts sugar, add water, micro wave 1.30 minutes. Aroy thumbsup.gif

No big fatty, eat out stuff for me in the mornings.wai2.gif

As above but replace the water and sugar with zero fat milk.

If that's not possible, Dutch Baby Pancakes from IHoP

Edited by chiang mai

Sex! The ultimate low calorie option.

i can do sex in my home country free and kiss my women on street without judical....tongue.png

im just jokethumbsup.gif enjoy your holliday biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Hopefully you are better at eating breakfast and having sex than you are at telling jokes ! Edited by Rajab Al Zarahni

10 baht

4 tbs Rolled oats, 1 ts sugar, add water, micro wave 1.30 minutes. Aroy thumbsup.gif

No big fatty, eat out stuff for me in the mornings.wai2.gif

As above but replace the water and sugar with zero fat milk.

If that's not possible, Dutch Baby Pancakes from IHoP

And add fruit. I put mango, apple, pear, etc, in there. Fantastic. Topped with a bit of yogurt.

Breakfast is, perhaps, my most important meal. I miss chicken fried steak (hopefully, made with top quality ground round from the USA/Canada), w/ gravy, hashbrowns, eggs over-easy, and biscuits.......very healthy (not).

post-110622-0-06566500-1456553569_thumb.

post-110622-0-38018900-1456553577_thumb.

I am willing to pay 220 bhat (no more). So, that pretty much means that I will not be seeing this anytime soon.

But why can't anyone make real hash browns (actually, the Continental does but they give it some Swiss name.....rosti?).

Breakfast is, perhaps, my most important meal. I miss chicken fried steak (hopefully, made with top quality ground round from the USA/Canada), w/ gravy, hashbrowns, eggs over-easy, and biscuits.......very healthy (not).

attachicon.gif7375.jpg

attachicon.gifhHYufmJ.jpg

I am willing to pay 220 bhat (no more). So, that pretty much means that I will not be seeing this anytime soon.

But why can't anyone make real hash browns (actually, the Continental does but they give it some Swiss name.....rosti?).

serious question ........ what is the whitish 'gravy'/sauce ?

attachicon.gif7375.jpg

attachicon.gifhHYufmJ.jpg

serious question ........ what is the whitish 'gravy'/sauce ?

It is "cream gravy," and here is how to make it: 1) 2 tblsp of "healthy" lard/bacon fat, 2) one tblsp of flour, 3) make a roux, 4) add milk (maybe 1.5-2 cups or so), 5) small amount of salt and good deal of pepper, 6) let it thicken (stirring the hell out of it). If too think, add more milk........etc.

http://www.unclejerryskitchen.com/recipes/southern-white-gravy-just-like-moms/

Great with SOS, biscuits, CF steak and ice cream.

My perfect Breakfast:

Fried egg - just one, fresh and cooked to perfection with firm whites, runny yokes - no crozzling!!

Scrambled eggs - two eggs, not too firm with a little diced onion and a light cheese coating.

Sausages - preferably a good pork breakfast sausage that isn't 95% breadcrumbs. Definitely not a Thai plastic sausage.

Hash browns - not the ones you buy at the supermarket or Mackers, but real home made ones.

Fried bread - cooked properly in dripping or lard. Yeah, 3 million calories a slice but uber tasty with the runny eggs.

And against my usual preference I'll finish with Tea rather than coffee. There's just something about the combined taste of tea and marmalade that brings back some fond childhood memories.

Try the George Pub in Jomtiem,very good breakfast and with most of the above homemade hash browns. They have a Facebook page,wish I was,there now.

My perfect Breakfast:

Try the George Pub in Jomtiem,very good breakfast and with most of the above homemade hash browns. They have a Facebook page,wish I was,there now.

Yep I've done the George, and before when it was Yorkies and then Coco's. However I have to say that the brekkie at The Caddy Shack on Thepprasit soi 8 is generally tastier and has the same menu.

To be fair the best brekkie in Jomtien is at my place when I can be arsed to get everything organised on a day I haven't got a hangover so I can cook it. My girl does a fair imitation but not as good as me.

Mind you, I taught her how to poach an egg properly and make hollandaise sauce and she's better at eggs benni than me now. The Bitch. coffee1.gif

She turns out poached eggs better than most chefs. Mind you, I taught her the secret. thumbsup.gif

My perfect Breakfast:

how much you weigh? 400+ pounds?

I normally have an oat meal in the morning, porridge with cinnamon and brown sugar. 4 minutes in the micro. One package for 50 baht at Big C will give me 20 healthy breakfasts. If Im in the mood for an omelette and toasted bread , beans, fried tomato etc I just make it at home. Money saved, still healthy.

If I'm lazy one day I visit Irish Wolfhound and get a decent breakfast for 100 baht.

Edited by balo

My perfect Breakfast:

how much you weigh? 400+ pounds?

Nuh, 78kgs but gotta lose 3kgs to get back to my ideal weight. I blame those bloody grilled tomatoes!

Seriously, 78 kgs. Drink like a fish, smoke two packs of cigs a day. Just had a medical at home to renew some life insurance, everything from cholesterol, blood sugar, right down to the prostate test is uber perfect. I piss my doctor off no end. I think that's why despite what the blood tests say, he still does a manual check on the prostate. blink.png

Matzoh brie. (Cooked in olive oil rather than butter.)

No restaurant in Thailand sells it.

The way that U.K. people seem to tend to fetishize breakfast amuses me.

Most chefs think breakfast is the stupidest meal.

It's a base for the COFFEE, innit?

Brunch? Well that's something else.

That said, Pastrami and Rye is doing a good job with Yankee brekkies, if you can drag your tuchus over there before noon.

I think cultures that eat "normal" food for breakfast are on to something. Why not a hot and spicy stir fry with rice as the first meal?

Edited by Jingthing

I am staying in Jomtien but truth is I am very very happy with the Retox (Soi Lengkee-

off Buakao) baht -buster English breakfast for 98 baht, (best value in Pattaya, and

excellent quality). It has a little bit of everything. If I am staying in Jomtien I have the

Norwegian or English at the Monkey House on Soi 7, Jomtien (beside the LEK hotel)

They are 160-170 baht respectively, but you had better be hungry they are large. 3

eggs in the English and three pieces of toast in both. You will be stuffed. I recommend

everyone try both places. thumbsup.gif

Tomatoe sandwiches! You use really good bread, not the Wonder bread kind, then butter, and slice tomatoes on it. Have to use good tomatoes, not the kind that are picked green and turned into red god knows how. Then cut some dill, salt and ground black pepper. Dill is super important and often overlooked.

I'd like a breakfast place that offers those, I eat usually 10.

I am staying in Jomtien but truth is I am very very happy with the Retox (Soi Lengkee-

off Buakao) baht -buster English breakfast for 98 baht, (best value in Pattaya, and

excellent quality). It has a little bit of everything. If I am staying in Jomtien I have the

Norwegian or English at the Monkey House on Soi 7, Jomtien (beside the LEK hotel)

They are 160-170 baht respectively, but you had better be hungry they are large. 3

eggs in the English and three pieces of toast in both. You will be stuffed. I recommend

everyone try both places. thumbsup.gif

The OP is asking what you'd like and is NOT available here in Pattaya