Share your Pattaya/Jomtien breakfast wishlist here

thairookie

JT - how on earth can you seriously state this ............."Most chefs think breakfast is the stupidest meal" (#24) ?

What actually you mean? What are you trying to say ?

Talk to a bunch of chefs and you'll get it.

Most people want BORING, SAME OLD SAME OLD for breakfast.

Decent chefs can do that with their eyes closed.

Customers tend to be more open to innovation for lunch and dinner.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JT - how on earth can you seriously state this ............."Most chefs think breakfast is the stupidest meal" (#24) ?

What actually you mean? What are you trying to say ?

Talk to a bunch of chefs and you'll get it.

Most people want BORING, SAME OLD SAME OLD for breakfast.

Decent chefs can do that with their eyes closed.

Customers tend to be more open to innovation for lunch and dinner.

well if MOST guys as you say want then they want.

What's the problem?

is it that it doesn't meet your expectations ?

I don't really care. I'm just telling the truth. Typically chefs think breakfast is the least interesting meal and I agree with them.

Because most people want BORING and FAMILIAR for breakfast, almost all the time.

I'm the same way at home.

I almost always eat it at home and it's basically a revolving menu of the same thing, day after day.

One day a cereal meal. One day an oatmeal meal. One day a sardine meal. One day an egg meal. Repeat.

I like it but I wouldn't like the same repetitiveness for lunch and dinner.

Edited by Jingthing

I am staying in Jomtien but truth is I am very very happy with the Retox (Soi Lengkee-

off Buakao) baht -buster English breakfast for 98 baht, (best value in Pattaya, and

excellent quality). It has a little bit of everything. If I am staying in Jomtien I have the

Norwegian or English at the Monkey House on Soi 7, Jomtien (beside the LEK hotel)

They are 160-170 baht respectively, but you had better be hungry they are large. 3

eggs in the English and three pieces of toast in both. You will be stuffed. I recommend

everyone try both places. thumbsup.gif

The OP is asking what you'd like and is NOT available here in Pattaya

I know that but there is nothing that is NOT available that I want. I could say a moose

steak because I am from Canada, but I don't want that. If you look hard enough everything

is available here, and this are my two favorite places and what I like.

10 baht

4 tbs Rolled oats, 1 ts sugar, add water, micro wave 1.30 minutes. Aroy thumbsup.gif

No big fatty, eat out stuff for me in the mornings.wai2.gif

This is certainly a healthy breakfast, but it seems a bit small. Does it last you until lunchtime or do you have a snack in between?

10 baht

4 tbs Rolled oats, 1 ts sugar, add water, micro wave 1.30 minutes. Aroy thumbsup.gif

No big fatty, eat out stuff for me in the mornings.wai2.gif

This is certainly a healthy breakfast, but it seems a bit small. Does it last you until lunchtime or do you have a snack in between?

It doesn't sound healthy to me. It's better to eat a more ample, balanced, and nutritious breakfast.

Oatmeal is great but better to add some fats like nuts, some fresh fruit, some cinnamon, and some soy milk or dairy to it.

Edited by Jingthing

Tomatoe sandwiches! You use really good bread, not the Wonder bread kind, then butter, and slice tomatoes on it. Have to use good tomatoes, not the kind that are picked green and turned into red god knows how. Then cut some dill, salt and ground black pepper. Dill is super important and often overlooked.

I'd like a breakfast place that offers those, I eat usually 10.

Sounds great! Where to find the tomatoes? Thai tomatoes have no taste ... perhaps it's too hot here.

I don't really care. I'm just telling the truth. Typically chefs think breakfast is the least interesting meal and I agree with them.

Because most people want BORING and FAMILIAR for breakfast, almost all the time.

I almost always eat it at home and it's basically a revolving menu of the same thing, day after day.

One day a cereal meal. One day an oatmeal meal. One day a sardine meal. One day an egg meal. Repeat.

That's a problem unique to chefs in Thailand.

That's a problem unique to chefs in Thailand.

No it isn't. It's not necessary a problem. Just the way it is.

Tomatoe sandwiches! You use really good bread, not the Wonder bread kind, then butter, and slice tomatoes on it. Have to use good tomatoes, not the kind that are picked green and turned into red god knows how. Then cut some dill, salt and ground black pepper. Dill is super important and often overlooked.

I'd like a breakfast place that offers those, I eat usually 10.

Sounds great! Where to find the tomatoes? Thai tomatoes have no taste ... perhaps it's too hot here.

Yup, can't be found here, prolly too hot for them. Secret of tasty tomatoe is to let it grow until it's red and ripe, but you have to eat it, can't be shelved in grocery stores for months and months. We have to make our own little garden indoors and airconned, and those UV lights, we could grow lots of nice stuff.

Hearty breakfast:

A bed of fried potatoes and onions covered with bacon or ground pork gravy and two sunny side eggs on top. Fresh buttermilk biscuits, butter, apple butter, black coffee, and gin bloody Marys.

Light breakfast:

Fresh papaya, lime and salt with toasted muffins, cream cheese, and black coffee.

Some great breakfasts available in Pattaya, so there is nothing else l want.

Can't go past Casa Pascal on 2nd Rd.

Great Buffett breakfast, bacon cooked on bbq grill. Fantastic choice of breads.

Thats the place l had in mind when l made my original comment!

Excellent value. Almost too good to enjoy every day!

Lads, that food is gonna kill ya.

Try this. The smell of Noi's psy first thing in the morning then after that. Go and get some Jok Moo or even healthier Kaho Tom or even settle for a nice curry has got to be better than bacon and eggs, dont have to give it up, but limit it to say once a month or once a week but not every day.

Slight diversion but how about what does get served up but I wish they wouldn't!

Eggs that were fried up god knows when and have been left out and gone cold for a while. They look at you like you are a nuisance if you ask for some freshly cooked ones. (Normally they are then done in 45 seconds and still snotty!)

Those truly awful deep fried butterflied hot-dogs.

Salted OJ.

Harsh bitter coffee.

Peas and carrots in a milky sauce!

Cold baked beans.

A few years ago maybe 2005-6 I was in Pattaya. I stayed at Asia Hotel just out of Pattaya and I went to have breakfast at a small bar restaurant just across the road from the hotel. The breakfast menu had amongst other items 'English' breakfast and 'Irish' breakfast. I noted the only difference between them was the Irish breakfast had Black Pudding. (Black Sausage). I couldnt believe that a small restaurant tucked away in this part of the world had even heard of Black Pudding. I ordered the Irish breakfast and I must say it was the best Black Pudding I ever tasted. I enquired as to where they get it from and was told Bangkok. The cost of this full breakfast of bacon n eggs, baked beans sausage and black pudding with coffee or tea included was 160baht. I may add that tucked away on one of the side streets in Pattaya main I also had Rabbit Pie it was just like my grandmother made.