Rainmaking Operation Units open in north Thailand

webfact

Royal Rainmaking Operation Units open in north

BANGKOK, 1 March 2016 (NNT) – The Northern Royal Rainmaking Operation Center has been approved to open two Royal Rainmaking Operation Units in fiscal 2016 starting from March 1.

The rainmaking units will help drought-affected areas, adding water to reservoirs and relieve haze problems in northern Thailand.

The Chiang Mai Royal Rainmaking Operation Unit is responsible for Chiang Mai, Mae Hong Son, Chiang Rai, Payao, Nan, Prae, Lampang, Lampoon, Bhumibol Dam, Mae Ngad Somboon Chon Dam, Mae Kuang Udom Thara Dam, Kiew Lom Dam and Kiew Khau Ma Dam.

The Pitsanulok Royal Rainmaking Operation Unit is responsible for Uttaradit, Sukhothai, Pitsanulok, Pichit, Petchaboon, Kampaeng Pet, Tak, Sirikit Dam and Kwae Noi Bamroong Daen Dam.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-03-01 footer_n.gif

Last year they really ramped up the cloud seeding and it was frequently in the news about all the rain they were making. It gave visions like after every flight they were high fiving and celebrating. But despite their boasting and congratulating themselves, in the end it was one of the driest years on record. I guess the strategy it to keep claiming success and expanding the project no matter what happens.

Tell me..keep reading about this over the years..does it actually work!? Not convinced but I'm sure someone knows better than me..serious question.!

Their last efforts were highly praised for being successful then in no time it was announced LoS is facing the worst drought in 20 years ?

Given the full name of the unit especially the first word I wonder if that's why nothing negative about ' success ' is ever said ?

Edited by NongKhaiKid

Success is truly minimal , the clouds they are looking for have to have the moisture contained within, If the success rate was so true ,

Places like Saudi Arabia , who have shit loads of money to spend on this if the success rate as claimed, (when i was working there if i could have brought a water diviner there and was successful i would be a very rich man and in constant demand ) Same for Africa , the science is sound but reality of success is small, costly and if the Saudi's put it on the back burner that is telling you something.

Water diviner i have seen first hand work but another story.

As I understand you still need potentially rainy clouds for this to work.

So for example when they see rainy clouds, this unit will fly planes into the clouds and release sea salt and dry ice in order to enhance water condensation. As a result more amount of rainfall is expected to fall over the area.

Again, I reiterate that you need rainy clouds in the sky for this to work.

Tell me..keep reading about this over the years..does it actually work!? Not convinced but I'm sure someone knows better than me..serious question.!

Their last efforts were highly praised for being successful then in no time it was announced LoS is facing the worst drought in 20 years ?

Given the full name of the unit especially the first word I wonder if that's why nothing negative about ' success ' is ever said ?

You hit the nail on the head, especially with your last sentence

Use that word in the front of anything and the spectre of Article 44 comes to mind

So for example when they see rainy clouds, this unit will fly planes into the clouds and release sea salt and dry ice in order to enhance water condensation. As a result more amount of rainfall is expected to fall over the area.

I think you're right. It's not about producing rain that isn't already there in the form of clouds but trying to control when it falls so it doesn't rain after it's passed over the the area where it's needed.

From what I've read the results sometimes good but not necessarily very reliable.

Edited by kimamey

Is it really sea salt? That doesn't seem like something you would want coming out of the clouds ever, but especially not during a drought.

Big rain making operation starts to ease troubles from expected worst drought this year

66-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The government yesterday launched the big ever artificial rain making operation to ease the expected worst drought in 20 years in the Central Plains, starting first in Nakhon Sawan where more than 30 aircrafts were used.

The operation was declared open at a ceremony chaired by Gen Patamapong Patompat, assistant to the agriculture and cooperatives minister, at the Royal Rainmaking and Agricultural Aviation Department’s airfield in Nakhon Sawan.

The operation involved more than 30 rainmaking aircrafts consisting of 22 aircrafts from the department and 8 aircrafts from the Royal Thai Air Force.

It is aimed to help increase water supply for agricultural activities in the Chao Phraya River basin and the Pasak River basin covering Nakhon Sawan, Phichit, Uthai Thani, Chai Nat, Ayutthaya, Lopburi, Suphanburi, Ang Thong and Phetchabun provinces.

The government hoped that the operation will help fill up dams situated in these areas.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/153013

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-03-01

I remember that for years, it was HM the king pet project to take care of this cloud seeding operations,

he knows the subject inside out, but since he got out of the day to day taking care of the country's needs,

it left to others less competent people to do the job.....

It never worked in any other country, that's why no other country wastes their time with it these days.

But in Thailand they still say success follows. How curious . . .

Only in Thailand.

Slowly I can not believe it anymore, every day another ridiculous news. And if you think it can not get worse someone will at least try to be on the top of the list of the worst decisions done ever.

Only in Thailand...

In the 1950s in the Southwest United States they used a silver nitrate mixture too "seed " clouds with some limited success.Several years ago LOS added some other chemical and claimed patient for it..

"The Pitsanulok Royal Rainmaking Operation Unit is responsible for Uttaradit, Sukhothai, Pitsanulok, Pichit, Petchaboon, Kampaeng Pet, Tak, Sirikit Dam and Kwae Noi Bamroong Daen Dam." We will be happy with 3 or 4cm of rain dropped on Noen Maprang if their in the area about this time next week. Thanks in advance.

What will they do when BKK runs dry, sell imported bottled water at B 100 each ? Anyone with a brain cell knew at the end of 2014 that there was a El Nino building, but no action was taken. We are now more than a year later at yet no water restriction have been imposed, they rather just cut water supplies off them there isn't enough water (see news of the massive water feature that was filled recently). The lack of water have caused wars and ended civilizations lets see what this one bring about.

It never worked in any other country, that's why no other country wastes their time with it these days.

But in Thailand they still say success follows. How curious . . .

Only in Thailand.

they wilkl get sucess !!

Next rainy season for sure !!!

more rain as today for sure

8 aircrafts from the Royal Thai Air Force

The Thai Air Force has weaponized rainmaking!

When rockets, bombs and strafing fail, drown the enemy. wai2.gif

they will bomb - destroy the dams -

enough water for the next 7 days in all farmings,

free swimming pools in BKK !!

Happy happy 5555

Well.......The rainmaking was apparently a great success six months ago. May as well roll it

back out. From the headline in the last article is has already showing great success.

Keep up the good work. tongue.png

Erm, never heard of this before today and forgive me if i am missing something but why would you need to encourage rain clouds to release rain? They are already rain clouds aren't they?

Is it in case they don't release the water in the right place or something? Frankly I don't really understand this.

Erm, never heard of this before today and forgive me if i am missing something but why would you need to encourage rain clouds to release rain? They are already rain clouds aren't they?

Is it in case they don't release the water in the right place or something? Frankly I don't really understand this.

You probably never will understand it so don't bother to google "What are clouds and how do they form?" or "Cloud Seeding".

Watch some sport instead.