Re-entry permit at Chiang Mai airport

annabel

Yes, that's the only day you can get it at the airport because you require a valid boarding pass to enter the area. You can obtain the re-entry permit any time there is an international flight departing.

The booth is to the left, after security but prior to the passport control desks.

Note that you cannot get a re-entry permit at cnx if your flight is only to bangkok and your not checked into the international flight to remain airside.. A domestic hop and connecting international exiting immigration in Bangkok requires the re-entry to be applied for in bangkok so allow time for this process.

Fairly obvious but worth stating for the record.

Now that's a good point. We have a flight in May with BKK Air to BKK and from there with Austrian. Not sure if it's possible to use the immigration in CNX and check through with CIQ or if I have to go through immi in BKK. Would need a re-entry permit in either case.

Depends on the ticketing - if booked via 'Austrian' with BKK Air on 1st leg you'll probably EXIT Th at CNX and be CIQ thru BKK.

I've done both ways on outbound flights and easy as. Make sure you have photo for CNX departure but if BKK they'll take a digital pic.

Depends on the ticketing - if booked via 'Austrian' with BKK Air on 1st leg you'll probably EXIT Th at CNX and be CIQ thru BKK.

I've done both ways on outbound flights and easy as. Make sure you have photo for CNX departure but if BKK they'll take a digital pic.

Question. What if you don't have a pic at CNX? Do you not get the re-entry permit?

Question. What if you don't have a pic at CNX? Do you not get the re-entry permit?

I haven't noticed any digital photo setup at CNX but, then again, I don't look for that as I always take a photo and the proper paperwork with me. Presuming they have no ability to take your photo there and somebody chooses (inexplicably) to take no photo with them, you can guess the outcome.

Agreed.. you need your photo, failing to have one would be entirely your fault and your choice to miss the flight or lose your extension.

I keep a pack of them in my travel purse ticket wallet, a habit as flying in and out of cambo I needed them every time.

They took a photo for me, but told me to bring one next time.

Re "opening hours" (OP), if there's an international flight, they're open.

I haven't noticed any digital photo setup at CNX but, then again, I don't look for that as I always take a photo and the proper paperwork with me. Presuming they have no ability to take your photo there and somebody chooses (inexplicably) to take no photo with them, you can guess the outcome.

And you would guess wrong. See post 9.

• 1 year later...
58 minutes ago, sfokevin said:

What it the cost?

1000 baht for a single entry, 3900 baht for a multiple-entry (as Bill said, the usual costs).

You mention "day of departure" and I'm hoping you mean right before you leave on an international flight.  The re-entry desk/counter is to your left as you pass through the final passenger line upstairs (i.e., you need a valid boarding pass to get through there).

Get it before you go. Just think about how screwed you would be if the AP office were closed, employee sick, toilet break, snack break or any number of reasons.

I have walked through there when there was no one at that station.

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 0:22 PM, TheAppletons said:

Yes, that's the only day you can get it at the airport because you require a valid boarding pass to enter the area. You can obtain the re-entry permit any time there is an international flight departing.

The booth is to the left, after security but prior to the passport control desks.

Easy to miss it and just go to the passport control. Need to look for it.

7 hours ago, Bill97 said:

Get it before you go. Just think about how screwed you would be if the AP office were closed, employee sick, toilet break, snack break or any number of reasons.

I have walked through there when there was no one at that station.

It's open if there is any international flight leaving so I wouldn't worry about it being "closed."  I've gotten re-entry permits there even just prior to an international flight departing at one minute to midnight.

An immigration officer sometimes is not hanging around that counter (although normally there is an assistant there) and, in those cases, one of the immigration officers at the immigration/passport lanes ahead will come back to the counter to complete the process.

But I do agree that the only people who should plan on getting re-entry permits at the airport are those who are fully aware of how to do it (have already properly completed a TM8 form, have the proper photo, and have the proper passport copies, etc.).