Us ATM card not working

If at about the same time could be a communications outage - that happens with cards and why I have used local account for the past decade. Expect you might be able to go back and use in few minutes or hours but agree it is a PIA.

Remember this is also a very busy time for ATM usage at start of month - Bangkok Bank branch I visited 2 hours ago here in Bangkok had one ATM offline with no money and the working one only having 100 baht bills.

Be sure to try in various Thai bank ATMs, instead of maybe various ATMs of the same Thai bank.

If it's not working in say 3 different Thai bank ATMs...like Bangkok Bank...Kaiskorn Bank....Krungsri Bank, etc., (just pick three different banks) say today and tomorrow then your card-issuing bank has probably blocked the card and its not a communications issue....you'll need to contact your card issuing bank. Various problems can cause a card not to work. I know it can be frustrating.

Thanks All

Called mu US bank and they unblocked the card. Not sure why it got blocked in the first place.

Works fine now.

Maybe the bank upgraded to Win 10. tongue.png

Similar thing happened to me several years ago with my Schawb debit card. Had been using it monthly for several years in Thai ATMs to pull Bt30K. Then one day it just didn't work after trying various ATMs at different Thai banks...would get the ATM error message of Contact Your Card Issuing Bank.. Called Schwab while still standing frustrated in front of an ATM that had just rejected the card...they said the card had been blocked because I was in Thailand....I told them I have been here for several years and live here mostly during the year...they said OK, unblocked the card (supposedly permanently) and I been using the card since. Maybe that problem occurred with Schwab upgrading to Win 8. laugh.png

Seriously, a person just don't know when their card may stop working for whatever known or unknown reason so a person should have at least a second method to get cash (not implying you don't).

Thanks All

Called mu US bank and they unblocked the card. Not sure why it got blocked in the first place.

Works fine now.

nowadays most cards are blocked for international use by default.

Thanks All

Works fine now.

If you did not inform your US Bank about your expected travel outside the United States it would be blocked, especially if attempted use in South East Asia, a known area for fraud

While you were on the phone I hope you asked what your daily limit is, since if you exceed it, your card will be blocked again

Edited by Langsuan Man