Multiple entry ED Visa

No language test since the ED visa can be issued for many kinds of education. But you might be asked to prove you are enrolled in a school and attending some course of study.

A multiple entry non-ed visa is still possible at many embassies and consulates with the correct paperwork. But not from one within the region unless it is your home country.

• Like 1

Short answer is no. If they started to talk to you in Thai, then they would be making the incorrect assumption you are studying Thai, when in fact you are either studying English or Japanese.

But unlikely you'd be getting that nowadays unless perhaps a master degree at a major Thai University or something along those lines. And those cost in the region of 300K per year.

Edited by lkv
  • Like 1

Although you can get one year Ed visas (from Universities) most school ed visas are for an initial 3 months which can be extended for a further 3 months at an immigration office , your School will give you the documents needed to get the extension and these documents will detail what you are studying and its at the immigration there that you may be tested on your language skills and they may decline your extension if they think that you arent actually studying

• Like 1

Although you can get one year Ed visas (from Universities) most school ed visas are for an initial 3 months which can be extended for a further 3 months at an immigration office , your School will give you the documents needed to get the extension and these documents will detail what you are studying and its at the immigration there that you may be tested on your language skills and they may decline your extension if they think that you arent actually studying

Schools do not do ED visas. They are on issued by an embassy or consulate.

Many embassies and consulates will issue a multiple entry non-ed visa that allows unlimited 90 day entries for a year with the proper paperwork from any school. Some will even do them for schools that are not registered with the ministry of education.

If studying at a university a one year extension of stay would be done by immigration since it is a formal school only informal school students get 90 day extensions.

Schools do not do ED visas. They are on issued by an embassy or consulate.

Many embassies and consulates will issue a multiple entry non-ed visa that allows unlimited 90 day entries for a year with the proper paperwork from any school. Some will even do them for schools that are not registered with the ministry of education.

If studying at a university a one year extension of stay would be done by immigration since it is a formal school only informal school students get 90 day extensions.

Yes, I did mean that Schools will provide you with the nessessary paperwork to get the Visa from the Embassy , rather then the Schools issuing the Visa themselves

• Like 1

I will be shortly looking for an embassy or consulate to go to for a multiple entry ed visa. I spent the last two years teaching, but want to study the language for a year at a language school. I need to go to Korea often for army reserve duty so would prefer the multiple entry. I am American, what are my embassy/consulate options?... if not local... maybe Korea?

I will be shortly looking for an embassy or consulate to go to for a multiple entry ed visa. I spent the last two years teaching, but want to study the language for a year at a language school. I need to go to Korea often for army reserve duty so would prefer the multiple entry. I am American, what are my embassy/consulate options?... if not local... maybe Korea?

You will not get one anywhere nearby. It would be a maybe for Korea.

You might have to go back to the states to get. There one of the honorary consulates would be best to get it.

• Like 1

I will be shortly looking for an embassy or consulate to go to for a multiple entry ed visa.

Which Visa do you intend to get ?

The Multi entry Tourist visa or the Educational Visa ?

The answer is now in bold.

I will be shortly looking for an embassy or consulate to go to for a multiple entry ed visa.

OK. I didnt think that it wasnt possible to get a Multi entry education visa for a year .

I thought that it was either an education visa for a year without multi entries or an METV good for multiple entries which is valid for six months .

Ive never heard of a Multiple entry Educational visa

OK. I didnt think that it wasnt possible to get a Multi entry education visa for a year .

I thought that it was either an education visa for a year without multi entries or an METV good for multiple entries which is valid for six months .

Ive never heard of a Multiple entry Educational visa

Every type of visa can in theory be issued as a single or as a multiple. Some embassies or consulates choose to restrict the issuing of a multiple entry because it leaves room for misusage.

But some places on this planet have lighter requirements.

• Like 1

"Every type of visa can in theory be issued as a single or as a multiple. "
So, I can get a single entry tourist visa that is valid for multiple entries ?

Yes.

Available from a Thai Embassy/Consulate in your home country.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/870548-the-multiple-entry-tourist-visa-topic-metv/

No, that is a METV, I specifically asked about the SETV .

Two very different kinds of Visas

You can get a tourist visa that is either a single or a multiple.

You can get a non B visa that is either single entry or multiple entry.

You can get a non O single or multiple, you can get a non ED single or multiple

Etc.

SETV is not a visa, it's short for single entry tourist visa, that belongs to the tourist visa category.

METV is short for multiple entry tourist visa.

Are you just playing with words or is that a genuine question?

Edited by lkv
  • Like 1

"Every type of visa can in theory be issued as a single or as a multiple. "
So, I can get a single entry tourist visa that is valid for multiple entries ?

Yes.

Available from a Thai Embassy/Consulate in your home country.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/870548-the-multiple-entry-tourist-visa-topic-metv/

No, that is a METV, I specifically asked about the SETV .

Two very different kinds of Visas

If you want an SETV to be multi entry you will have to buy a multiple re-entry permit. 3800Bht from an immigration office.

edited to remove typo

Edited by sunnyjim5

You can get a tourist visa that is either a single or a multiple.

You can get a non B visa that is either single entry or multiple entry.

You can get a non O single or multiple, you can get a non ED single or multiple

Etc.

SETV is not a visa, it's short for single entry tourist visa, that belongs to the tourist visa category.

METV is short for multiple entry tourist visa.

Are you just playing with words or is that a genuine question?

No, I was replying to your claim that any Visa can be valid for multiple entry and I asked whether that included the Single Entry tourist Visa .

Yes, as said above. A single reentry permit costs 1,000, a multiple reentry permit costs 3,800.

So depending on how many trips you would like to make, you can choose either one of them.

If you wish to depart 5 times on a SETV and come back, you can, using either 5 single reentry permits or one multiple reentry permit.

The reentry permit is only valid until the expiry of the permission of stay (stamp).

You can get reentry permits on the 60 days, as well as on the 30 day extension if you have one.

No, I was replying to your claim that any Visa can be valid for multiple entry and I asked whether that included the Single Entry tourist Visa .

Ok, any visa or most that I know of can be issued by the Embassy/consulate for either a single entry or multiple entries.

Edited by lkv

You might have to go back to the states to get. There one of the honorary consulates would be best to get it.

Thanks for the reply. I figured I would have a hard time getting it nearby. I checked out the Seoul consulate website and they show only a single entry for "private education Institute." A "government education institute" has the option for multiple entry. I am guessing this means the multi-entry ed visa is a no-go from Korea. http://www.thaiembassy.org/seoul/en/services/2532/31167-Studying-In-Thailand.html

Are honorary Thai consulates in the USA issuing multi-entry ed visa's for "private education institutes?" For those that enter on a single entry ed visa, I believe they are making people get an extension every 90 days up in Chiang Rai. It seems I may be stuck getting many single re-entry permits per year.

Thanks for the reply. I figured I would have a hard time getting it nearby. I checked out the Seoul consulate website and they show only a single entry for "private education Institute." A "government education institute" has the option for multiple entry. I am guessing this means the multi-entry ed visa is a no-go from Korea. http://www.thaiembassy.org/seoul/en/services/2532/31167-Studying-In-Thailand.html

Are honorary Thai consulates in the USA issuing multi-entry ed visa's for "private education institutes?" For those that enter on a single entry ed visa, I believe they are making people get an extension every 90 days up in Chiang Rai. It seems I may be stuck getting many single re-entry permits per year.

What makes you believe that " many single re-entry permits per year" would help your situation?

Which visa(s) do you anticipate using ?

What makes you believe that " many single re-entry permits per year" would help your situation?

"I need to go to Korea often for army reserve duty so would prefer the multiple entry."

I go to Korea many times a year (8-10 times). If i could get a one-year extension from a single-entry ed visa... no problem.... or just get a multiple entry ed visa from a consulate... no problem. But, they are only giving 90 day extensions from a single-entry ed visa(from what I gather in chiang rai) and many consulates are reluctant to give multiple-entry ed visas (for private language schools)... it's not the end of the world... just a pain...

Edited by jdlancaster

Yes, I tried Seoul a couple of years ago and they were only willing to give me a single entry ED visa for a private institute.

Quite a few years ago they did give me a multiple entry ED visa to study at a university.