Thailand Cow Price in 2016 - Any idea ?

Hi,

Where to find the Thai french company to buy meat ? And is there any other company selling acceptable meat in this country ?

The only good one I found is imported.

Thank you.

The Charolaise meat is the same ,but it is storing of the meat is not the same ,in Farang land most meat is hung in a walk in fridge type of thing ,for up to 14-20 days ,here in Thailand ,I would say only the Thai French company in Isan would hang the meat for any length of time ,they use a Charolaise cross breeds , same as the other beef company in Supanburi .,if it is a local breed more than likely it will be grazing in the morning and on a market stall the following morning

You are right they do mix breeds here ,the reason is a 100% Charolaise will not do in the heat of Thailand ,will suffer from heat stress, also the breed will have less resistance to ticks ,which will cause Anaplasmosis and Babesiosis , both tice born diseases , and very often fatal to cattle .

So, most are crossed with Brahman ,the best is 60% Charolaise and 40% Brahman like the Kampang Phet and Tark breeds ,gives you an breed that can tolerate the heat and has a lot more resistance to tick born disease .

Also they can still grow on the diet they receive which will be short of energy ,and poor fibre/roughage, which is very often just low quality rice straw ,as the 100% Charolaise will not grow on a poor low energy diet.

Thai French Meat Company is on the south side of highway 22 between Sakon Nakhon and Tat Phanom in Sakon Nakhon Province, just before you get to Nakhon Phanom Province. Another company that patterns its self after Thai French, and has the same quality beef, if not better, is Nong Sung Meats in Mukdahan Province, it is on Highway 12 on the south side of the road just across from a Green Leaf Petrol Station. It is about 3 kilometers east of the police box on Highway 12 in Nong Sung.

-buythisdashcam-

I live about 135 km away from their slaughterhouse and main farm = Thai French meat Group= just outside Sakhon Nakhon city on the way to Mukdahan,

http://www.thaifrenchbeef.com/PYK_ENG.html

They have a meat shop on that premises and I buy there, check their Website, I think they have a shop in Bangkok too and 1 or 2 other places.

About 20 cattle a day are slaughtered. I am ok with the meat quality for the price I pay.

Not as good as the Imports, but much cheaper too and much better as the normal Thai stuff. thumbsup.gif

There is also a Restaurant there, Rustic style wink.png, that offers many steaks, to a good price,

could be, worth the flight from Bangkok including shopping for some Kilo in a cool bag whistling.gif

and a very nice cattle liver in sauce! tongue.png

Edited by ALFREDO

• 9 months later...

Thai French Meet Company, and Nong Song Meats, both very similar in their approach and both deliver good meet. Is it as good as imported? Obviously every person you ask will have a different answer, for me, unless you have more money than you know what to do with, the price difference makes their meat better than imported especially if you buy the higher end cuts. The only problem I have is the way they butcher it. I was at Nong Song Meats today and they had some lovely looking T-Bone, at 600 a kilo, but the steaks were in the 625 gram range, way too big for me.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Issangeorge said:

Thai French Meet Company, and Nong Song Meats, both very similar in their approach and both deliver good meet. Is it as good as imported? Obviously every person you ask will have a different answer, for me, unless you have more money than you know what to do with, the price difference makes their meat better than imported especially if you buy the higher end cuts. The only problem I have is the way they butcher it. I was at Nong Song Meats today and they had some lovely looking T-Bone, at 600 a kilo, but the steaks were in the 625 gram range, way too big for me.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

George i live in Ubon and was planning to have a drive up to Thai French meat in Sakon Nakhon, regarding this Nong Song Meats you mention can you give a link to the company and location.

Also regarding quality beef is this about the only two locations to purchase direct in the Issan area ?

Edited by Isan Farang
spelling mistake