Thai Police to sue ex-NRC member over allegation of position buying

webfact

Police to sue ex-NRC member over allegation of position buying

BANGKOK, 4 March 2016 (NNT) – The Royal Thai Police is preparing a lawsuit against a former member of the National Reform Committee (NRC) who claimed that position buying was practiced in the police force.

Deputy National Police Chief Pol Gen Srivara Ransibrahmanakul revealed that the Royal Thai Police is pressing charges against former NRC member Adm Pajun Tamprateep under the Computer Crime Act after he shared a message on social media, accusing an army general of being involved in the buying and selling of police positions. Adm Pajun is now required to report himself with the police on March 10.

Pol Gen Srivara clarified that the legal action is completely free of political motives as it was not ordered by any Cabinet members but is rather being taken in compliance with the command of the National Police Chief.

He further said no leniency will be given to the offender as the accusation of position buying is considered a severe libel against the Royal Thai Police and has damaged the agency’s credibility.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-03-04 footer_n.gif

"He further said no leniency will be given to the offender as the accusation of position buying is considered a severe libel against the Royal Thai Police and has damaged the agency’s credibility."

Never a truer word spoken.................................smile.png

I know of one that paid 3 million baht for his promotion a few months back!,

Wont take long to get that investment back!

Many posters on here will not believe that

But I know it for a fact.

Not only the police but throughout Thai society, I know one that paid

500K to get position of Director of a small Government school.

I just pulled this from the internet...1994?

"There is nothing new to allegations that prized police jobs can be “bought” for several million baht apiece. The widespread belief is lent credence by research into corruption in the police force. One study in 1994 found that positions at key police stations were “on sale” for between Bt1 million and Bt5 million, while senior positions could be had for Bt10 million."

Last year a Police General fell heavily from grace because of an issue we can't talk about but wasn't one of the many accusations against him that he took bribes for arranging promotions etc. ?

Aaah I see, he was so super bad that he was the only one ever to do such a thing.

Bad bad people saying things like positions and promotions are sold, next thing they'll be saying the impossible that police give themselves reward money for solving crimes,(doing their job) that would never happenwhistling.gif

As if the BIB are any different from all the other professions, even a relocation too another city/province is bought & sold.

The threat of legal action just puts more light on it, unfortunately until this deformation and computer crimes act farce is changed and used as intended rather than intimidation this will keep going on and shows the judicial system to be seriously lacking in any kind of credibility...

It wouldn't be that hard to prove just check bank accounts of those promoted for decrease of funds and check senior officials of in crease of funds I'm sure they left paper trail figuring RTP would investigate the charges.

The guy who paid 3 million for his promotion got his wife/mia to put her Chanute into the bank for her 19 million baht apartments to get the loan for the money (My mates apartments but that's another story!).Since he got the money he has gone off the scene funnily enough!!

I know of one that paid 3 million baht for his promotion a few months back!,

Wont take long to get that investment back!

Many posters on here will not believe that

But I know it for a fact.

Not only the police but throughout Thai society, I know one that paid

500K to get position of Director of a small Government school.

I believe you. People I knew working for a large govt. land development agency told me that the then head paid 5 million for his position.

These folk were agriculture development experts, working around the country providing support and expertise to farmers. Even these projects were scammed by local authorities to claim budget from non-existent farmers.

Complaints and threats to expose this corruption meant immediate transfer far out of area and possibly worse...

"He further said no leniency will be given to the offender as the accusation of position buying is considered a severe libel against the Royal Thai Police and has damaged the agency’s credibility."

how can you damage something already beyond repair?

In a follow up story, will we see "We don't sell positions. It's more of a lease or rental program, as certain tax advantages accrue".

Buying positions in Thailand is common.

The newly appointed person inherits 1) a large budget and 2) control of all illegal and corrupt operations and associated income.

Simple.

That is why transfers to inactive posts are actually a punishment.

"It wouldn't be that hard to prove just check bank accounts of those promoted for decrease of funds and check senior officials of in crease of funds"

Unfortunately it wont do any good for the guy being sued, truth is not a defence in a Thai action for defamation, that is why it is a popular way to silence critics.

The Deputy National Police Chief has taken the trouble to point out there's no political motive in the action against the Admiral but an article in yesterday's Post certainly hints there may be.

The Admiral is described as being part of the ' old elite ' and Deputy PM Prawit, who fully supports the police action, is a member of the ' new elite ' and there's something of a power struggle in play.

Edited by NongKhaiKid

2 Cops in wife's family; both of them have bought their way up the ladder....and indeed had to buy their way in to begin with. Everyone knows this is common practice but they still love to live in denial.

Yes. And in Thailand perception aka face trumps Truth aka facts.