UK police appeal for help to find Devon girl missing in Thailand

webfact

UK police appeal for help to find Devon girl missing in Thailand
Steven Morris

g.jpg
Arisara Miles, also known as Zara, has not been seen for four months. Photograph: Devon and Cornwall police

British and Thai police are trying to locate 12-year-old Zara Miles who went missing with her father after flying to Bangkok

LONDON: -- British police are working with colleagues in Thailand to try to find a 12-year-old Devon girl who has gone missing with her father.

A high court judge has taken the unusual decision to order the release of details of Arisara Miles, also known as Zara, who disappeared almost four months ago.

Zara and her father, Trevor Miles, left their home in Exeter and flew to Bangkok on 10 November last year, Devon and Cornwall police said.

Full story: http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/mar/03/uk-and-thai-police-search-for-devon-girl-in-bangkok

-- The Guardian 2016-03-04

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sounds like they emigrated to Thailand. What's the issue ? Did they forget to fill out some forms or something ?

Of course everything will be shrouded in secrecy so we will never be told the truth about what's actually going on here.

Sounds like they emigrated to Thailand. What's the issue ? Did they forget to fill out some forms or something ?

Of course everything will be shrouded in secrecy so we will never be told the truth about what's actually going on here.

Sounds to me, after reading the full article, that there are concerns about the girls welfare (could me a variety if things I guess) and her family.

Though if that is the case I'm at a loss as to why she was allowed to leave the country with him.

Sounds to me, after reading the full article, that there are concerns about the girls welfare (could me a variety if things I guess) and her family.

Though if that is the case I'm at a loss as to why she was allowed to leave the country with him.

One would imagine it was because there was no specific court order preventing it.

This does not appear to be a custody case (as your post might imply) but rather a concern for the child's welfare.

One would imagine it was because there was no specific court order preventing it.

This does not appear to be a custody case (as your post might imply) but rather a concern for the child's welfare.

'Miles failed to attend a meeting arranged by Devon council to address concerns about the girl’s welfare. A judge has officially ordered that she be returned to the UK.'

I was basing my implication on the above. I could be wrong but it does seem that the concerns are fairly serious if a court is ordering her return to the UK. Then again I could be wrong but it seems odd that he was allowed to leave the country with his daughter if a court feels it necessary to order her return for this meeting.

Nearly four months ago, Mum , or who ever is the responsible person (apart from the farther ) must have been banging on the door's of the police way sooner than the story lets on, who ever it was must have been so frustrated with the law, I hope for a good out come for all,

Immigration would be a good place to start.

Granted, they could be off the radar somewhat, if they have not followed the correct immigration procedures, e.g. 90 day reporting. However, the initial information declared on entering the country, should give major clues, especially as he, allegedly, has business interests here.

'Miles failed to attend a meeting arranged by Devon council to address concerns about the girl’s welfare. A judge has officially ordered that she be returned to the UK.'

I was basing my implication on the above. I could be wrong but it does seem that the concerns are fairly serious if a court is ordering her return to the UK. Then again I could be wrong but it seems odd that he was allowed to leave the country with his daughter if a court feels it necessary to order her return for this meeting.

Possibly the hearing occurred after their departure, it is unclear.

If the girl has a passport and no restraining order was in force at the time she can travel.

Just about every week now young British women (and guys) go missing or have been murdered. Sure it is happening to visitors of other nationalities, but Britain seems to be getting an unfair share.

Are the local authorities reacting to the increasing violence on the streets of Thailand ? I don't know, I can't see anything positive happening, either in BKK or Pattaya, there may be something going on in the background but to recognize it you have to wade your way through so much BS, and spin talk.

I get postings/warnings regarding Thailand from the Australian Dept. of Foreign Affairs coming thru on my mobile. For example, yesterday they put out a warning on the Zika virus now being seen down south. Good to know. I only wish that some politician with guts in Australia or Britain, standing up in Parliament and denouncing Thailand as a dangerous country. One that does not look after its tourists and visitors. That may get TATs attention, or are they too focused on China. But maybe the pollys are too worried about political correctness (read protocol).

Edited by Mot Dang

I believe it is the FATHER who goes to the ATM, store, buys air tickets .. etc.

How about a picture and info about HIM?

Let me tell you ... if they had simply taped his picture to every cash register at 7-11 and Tesco ... with a 10,000 baht reward ...

He would be in custody, and we would know his favorite brand of crisps.

Is it just me???

In cases such as this the "line" is usually the same......... "there are concerns for the child's welfare". I wonder why, seems to me that a Father must love his child very much indeed to put himself in this position.

Let me tell you ... if they had simply taped his picture to every cash register at 7-11 and Tesco ... with a 10,000 baht reward ...

Is it just me???

Just scroll back ------5mins ago before your post there are 2 FULL PAGE pictures of BOTH of themcoffee1.gif

Is it just me???

Just scroll back ------5mins ago before your post there are 2 FULL PAGE pictures of BOTH of themcoffee1.gif

I am addressing the problem of people who initiated this and published it world wide, not ambitious chat room warriors.

And OK .. now I have his picture.

How tall is he? Weight?

Any tattoos or distinguishing markings?

What does he do for work / how does he get money?

Is he considered to be "armed and dangerous?" (a good to know)

In short, we have people posting a global request for help .. would it be too much to ask to have them spend 5 minutes constructing some CLUES?

Edited by Guest

What I'm missing here? A father went to Thailand with is half Thai daughter, to see the kids family or ex wife the mother of the kid. Correct? They might stay with the ex wife, fell in love again??

Please enlighten me.

Just about every week now young British women (and guys) go missing or have been murdered. Sure it is happening to visitors of other nationalities, but Britain seems to be getting an unfair share.

Are the local authorities reacting to the increasing violence on the streets of Thailand ? I don't know, I can't see anything positive happening, either in BKK or Pattaya, there may be something going on in the background but to recognize it you have to wade your way through so much BS, and spin talk.

I get postings/warnings regarding Thailand from the Australian Dept. of Foreign Affairs coming thru on my mobile. For example, yesterday they put out a warning on the Zika virus now being seen down south. Good to know. I only wish that some politician with guts in Australia or Britain, standing up in Parliament and denouncing Thailand as a dangerous country. One that does not look after its tourists and visitors. That may get TATs attention, or are they too focused on China. But maybe the pollys are too worried about political correctness (read protocol).

Since there is no freedom of speech and the local newspapers are useless you will not hear statistics like a 60% increase in theft and robberies in the country, you must read foreign newspapers to get the true picture. As the economy slide downhill this will become worse.

Immigration would be a good place to start.

Granted, they could be off the radar somewhat, if they have not followed the correct immigration procedures, e.g. 90 day reporting. However, the initial information declared on entering the country, should give major clues, especially as he, allegedly, has business interests here.

it does sound like a custody thing is going on , and i feel that they both will be found safe and he did not want his daughter taken off him. that sounds like he loves his daughter, why dont they look in the area where his businesses are and where he usually stays ?? is it that the uk police are too busy writing out parking tickets or dont have the funding from corrupt MPs who are too busy filling in their fraudulant expense forms .then MPs spending time saying that every other country have corrupt people in charge .

If this much time has passed, and if he is actually on the run the questions is ... which of these pictures do you think he looks like NOW ??post-145190-0-78442600-1457061028_thumb.

He would be in custody...

While it may be commonplace for myopic, sedentary Anglos to ignore the street gangs, pimps and drug addicts befouling their cities, and to assume that Thailand is particularly dangerous, there is yet no evidence that this man has done anything wrong in Thailand. And clearly there is no warrant for his arrest.

And aside from that, it may be assumed that the young lady is quite safe, enjoying the best security a youngster can have, the presence and protection of her father.

Edited by HikeFromLA

Well......If she is half Thai , and he is trying to hide from a custody battle or whatever. He wouldnt be the sharpest tool in the shed to head back here on her ground. Plus the kid is old enough to contact authorities on her own if she is not wanting to be with her Dad. It could be another case of govt busybodding. More info needed to come to any conclusions.

A 12-year old British girl and her dad are missing in Thailand
STAFF WRITER

zara-miles-missing.jpg
Featured image is of Zara and Trevor Miles

BANGKOK: -- Zara Miles is believed to be missing in Thailand with her father after he took her from the UK without permission.

The 12-year old and her father, Trevor Miles, flew to Bangkok on 10 November 2015. Their whereabouts since that point are unknown although it’s believed that they are still in Thailand.

A High Court Judge back in the UK has ordered the release details of Arisara Miles, known as Zara, in a bid to find her and return her home.

The pair are from Exeter, in Devon, and the Devon & Cornwall Police are working with international police agencies to try and locate Zara.

The alarm was raised at their disappearance when Trevor failed to attend a meeting with Devon County Council, which was intended to address concerns about Zara’s welfare. It was found that the pair had already flown to Bangkok by this point.

Full story: http://whatsonsukhumvit.com/a-12-year-old-british-girl-is-missing-in-thailand/

whats-on-sukhumvit.png
-- (c) What's on Sukhumvit 2016-03-04

"Just about every week now young British women (and guys)...have been murdered."

What possesses you to post such unadulterated nonsense and misinformation?

I am addressing the problem of people who initiated this and published it world wide, not ambitious chat room warriors.

And OK .. now I have his picture.

How tall is he? Weight?

Any tattoos or distinguishing markings?

What does he do for work / how does he get money?

Is he considered to be "armed and dangerous?" (a good to know)

In short, we have people posting a global request for help .. would it be too much to ask to have them spend 5 minutes constructing some CLUES?

In short, doubtless the authorities who are being asked for assistance in locating these two people have all the description they need. The UK authorities didn't post this report asking over-ambitious Thaivisa keyboard warriors to get involved, Thaivisa simply reproduced the report.

Edited by Scouse Twoccer

I'd be inclined to doubt any statements issued by the British local councils (aka Social Services or "child welfare") or the orders of the Family Court. We were also the target of these so-called child-protection agencies over a decade ago. The authorities were vicious and cruel and twisted everything (apparently perjury doesn't apply to police officers or social workers). It became bizarre in the extreme (e.g. I was accused in court of being a "vegetarian". We were also "neglecting" our children because we chose to homeschool them, which is perfectly legal in the UK under the Education Act, but that's another government department of course...)

We ended up battling the authorities for 3 years at a cost of nearly £500,000 and left the UK as soon as we could thereafter. Our children's wishes were blatantly ignored (illegal under the concept of "Voice of the Child"). I discovered that there are tens of thousands of families caught up in the same sticky web. I met one single mother who's 12-year old son was removed from her to be fostered by her mother (the reason: the mother was suffering from a debilitating blood disorder so didn't have the energy to care adequately for him; so the solution was to take him away, rather then provide home help and nursing care for the mother). What was stunningly cruel and bizarre was that the boy ran away regularly to rejoin his mother - and the police were sent to arrest him and take him back! I know another family who had their baby daughter forcibly removed and given away for adoption. They were not allowed to have any information about or contact with her. (The reason: the father had problems managing his anger...) Here's the insanely cruel part: they also had an 8-year old son who wasn't removed and who also wasn't allowed to have any contact with his sister. He couldn't understand why not and experienced all sorts of confused anguish. (I would consider that a good case of "emotional abuse"...) He was told that she wasn't his sister any more! This is legal in the UK. An adopted child is no longer deemed to be a member of his/her biological family, even if the child or his/her siblings want to remain in contact!

Nearly all the cases I came across involve the Social Services tearing families apart for the silliest of reasons - and it rarely boils down to anything really serious (like physical or sexual abuse). It's usually "concern for the child's welfare" or "emotional abuse" (which can be anything from hearing the parents arguing to having to deal with a parent's debilitating illness or possibly substance addiction) or "risk of neglect" (which can be not providing a proper breakfast in the morning, not keeping the fingernails clean, or homeschooling). In nearly every case, the problems could be more practically (and humanely) dealt with by providing funding, home help or after-school care - but the inevitable response to that is "we don't have sufficient resources". Yeah... but they seem to have unlimited resources when it comes to removing children to be fostered by strangers (who get paid around £400 per child per week) and spending time in court (average cost of litigation per case is around £400,000). That kind of money could keep a family in retirement (with all the support they could handle) for 20 years or at least until the children are adults!

My advice: leave Zara and Trevor alone. Let them live peacefully and without interference in Thailand and tell the UK authorities to go to hell.