How should I re-sell my Thai cellphone?

daphnek

Hi all,

I'm wondering what the easiest and best way to re-sell my Thai cell phone would be. I purchased a Thai smartphone, an AIS Lava Iris 700, and it cost 2700 Thai Baht (approximately 75 USD). The phone came out in 2015. How should I go about re-selling it? I don't think the phone would sell on US websites like Amazon or Ebay, but I'm not sure. Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thank you!

A lot of phone shops like you see in malls etc will buy second hand phones they are like gold Thais are hocking them all the time. They generally looking for the big ticket phones though so I don't know how much luck you would have. You won't get much because they have to be able to sell it on for a phone that cost 2700 baht new I reckon you would be lucky to get 6 or 7 hundred baht

Nobody will give you a worthwhile amount of money (certainly no more than 4-500 baht, as someone said) for a non-smart phone like that. It's basically worthless. Give it to a Thai person in need, as some have said, or keep it as a backup, as others have said.

Easiest way to sell is to go into MBK, or even some Tesco Lotus, Big C, there will be many phone resellers.If you want a better price, try facebook groups such as Bangkok Buy Sell Trade, Bangkok Sell Trade, etc

Yes you will not get over 500 baht for your phone, so if the money means nothing, give it to someone who needs it.

• 4 weeks later...

Try Kaidee.com a Thai selling web. But 1 issue it's all in Thai, i tried selling a used phone there takes about 1 week for the 1st interested buyer to contact me.

I don't think any Foreigners will buy that phone as it only support AIS sim i supposed. Good luck